Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Congress Funded Continued FEDERAL Unemployment Insurance for the LONG TERM Unemployed?
Yes, keep the checks coming until the economy goes back to normal 52 42.98%
Stop it at 99 weeks, no longer 26 21.49%
There should be no Federally Funded Unemployment Extensions 36 29.75%
There should be no unemployment insurance for anyone State or Federal (Work or Die!) 7 5.79%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 06:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

I suport it but it must be piad for. There is plenty of stilulus maney still. Democrats are playing games with peoples lifes here as that is the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 06:32 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
People who do not have a job should accept ANY job to get off the gov't payroll.
Um, about that....any job part.

Colorado max benefits.

$445.00 Your Maximum Benefit Amount (MBA):

$11,570.00

Colorado minimum wage - $7.24

='s $309.60

I see a flaw here.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:12 AM

436 posts, read 954,432 times
UC should be funded by the mega-corporations who outsourced jobs overseas, but that will never happen because the USA government is bought and paid for by powerful global enterprises.

This country is screwed on so many levels, esp. the economic model and jobs creating and retention level, but the crying over extending UC is pretty ridiculous. It's a flat out disgrace to see people ***** about the extension of jobless insurance. Never mind the wars and the military industrial complex that dictates policy and funding of them. Never mind the corporate loopholes and kickbacks aimed at the elite (and often your politician.

The system is totally co-opted, much like the country is.

There's so much abuse of the taxpayer dollar, much more egregious and serious than UC. But the average Joe just reads the latest headlines and political rhetoric (Blue and Red colored) and seemingly goes along for the ride to misinformation and propaganda.

People don't like to admit it, but the USA is in the midst of a class war, among other things. It's going to get ugly... and rightfully so.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
current admin wants to get reelected. they dont want to disclose how bad it is.
delaying the effects of recession is advantageous to current admin, they will to delay the truth, which is its not a recession and recovery, its a contraction. those jobs represented by 10% unemployment, are and gone and not coming back.
welcome to mcdonalds and i dont mean mcdonald douglas.
over 1/2 of the american economy is from consumerism.
consumerism a dying religion.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 AM

436 posts, read 954,432 times
I'm telling your right now... if this country does not regain its manufacturing base, we're done. No country can thrive without a solid manufacturing base. I don't care what anyone says.

Two more things to consider:

1. This country's population continues to increase. Will the jobs market be able to keep up ?

2. Corporatism has destroyed the small business engine in this country. We're seeing the result of the further erosion of the middle class as the global elite continue to pay and play with our own monopoly money.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,553 times
Default As long as needed

yes

Old 01-22-2011, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 740 times
Default Yes

I thought that the bill that was signed by Obama in Dec. 2010 to extend the unemployment extensions was for everyone. But no - it left out the 99ers' who are in desperate need of help just to stay afloat. I am not talking about getting a new car, etc. - just being able to pay the basic bills - there are no jobs -
I have been doing this for two years and would love to get a job - any job - but there are more people than jobs. That is the problem. I just became a 99er and I can not pay my bills now. With no money coming in there is no way of paying for my basic bills. I can't stand the attitude of people with jobs looking down on people that don't have jobs - and want one very badly. I never thought this country would forget about the ones that made a life working their butts off and for what??? Losing everything?? I hate this.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Yep...we should.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi983 View Post
I thought that the bill that was signed by Obama in Dec. 2010 to extend the unemployment extensions was for everyone. But no - it left out the 99ers' who are in desperate need of help just to stay afloat. I am not talking about getting a new car, etc. - just being able to pay the basic bills - there are no jobs -
I have been doing this for two years and would love to get a job - any job - but there are more people than jobs. That is the problem. I just became a 99er and I can not pay my bills now. With no money coming in there is no way of paying for my basic bills. I can't stand the attitude of people with jobs looking down on people that don't have jobs - and want one very badly. I never thought this country would forget about the ones that made a life working their butts off and for what??? Losing everything?? I hate this.
Just saw some town in North Dakota is begging for people. Shouldn't be too hard to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies