Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 11:46 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Bold above mine. Your list is not conservative groups. These are radical groups which would be more in line with the actions and behaviors of liberals who reek with radical groups. I have yet to see any leftists liberals denounce any radicals among them. In fact they embrace all the radicals and the most massive murdering dictators around the world. Mao would be one who murdered over 70 million being the most loved by the left. Most of those groups I have not even heard of. Interesting you are so familiar with them.

I belong to a Tea Party and people are screened for radical ideas before we even let them join. Like most liberals you don't know what you are talking about and simply spew the lies the left regurgitates.
All of the groups I mention are Conservative groups.

By the way Robert Byrd was one of the most conservative Democrats in the Senate. In fact prior to the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 the majority of Democrats from Southern states were Conservatives.

Hell one of the groups actually uses the term "Conservative" in its name.

It's been a fundamental part of the Conservative political philosophy to stand against the Civil Right and equal treatment of Black Americans. One of the founders of the modern Conservative Movement was Barry Goldwater. He opposed the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Barry Goldwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In 1961, Goldwater told an audience of Atlanta Republicans that "we're not going to get the negro vote as a block in 1964 and 1968, so we ought to go hunting where the ducks are".[13] In 1964, Goldwater ran a conservative campaign that emphasized "states' rights."[14] Goldwater's 1964 campaign was a magnet for conservatives. Goldwater broadly opposed strong action by the federal government. Although he had supported all previous federal civil rights legislation, Goldwater made the decision to oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964.[15] His stance was based on his view that the act was an intrusion of the federal government into the affairs of states and, second, that the Act interfered with the rights of private persons to do business, or not, with whomever they chose.[16]

All this appealed to white Southern Democrats, and Goldwater was the first Republican to win the electoral votes of the Deep South states (Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and South Carolina) since Reconstruction. However, Goldwater's vote on the Civil Rights Act proved devastating to his campaign everywhere outside the South (besides Dixie, Goldwater won only in Arizona, his home state), contributing to his landslide defeat in 1964.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 11:52 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,321,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
By the way Robert Byrd was one of the most conservative Democrats in the Senate.
What color is the sky in your world??
I'd say the man spent money like a drunken sailor, but that would be an insult to sailors. Sailors only spend their own money.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:55 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
All of the groups I mention are Conservative groups.

By the way Robert Byrd was one of the most conservative Democrats in the Senate. In fact prior to the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 the majority of Democrats from Southern states were Conservatives.

Hell one of the groups actually uses the term "Conservative" in its name.

It's been a fundamental part of the Conservative political philosophy to stand against the Civil Right and equal treatment of Black Americans. One of the founders of the modern Conservative Movement was Barry Goldwater. He opposed the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Barry Goldwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Byrd was a racist to the end that hid it well to stay in office. Unfortunately the truth slipped out late in his life. Of course there is always the option of someone holding on to the propaganda fed them by the left.

Ex-Klansman Robert Byrd, the senior senator from West Virginia, casually used the phrase "white ni**er" twice on national TV this weekend.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
What color is the sky in your world??
I'd say the man spent money like a drunken sailor, but that would be an insult to sailors. Sailors only spend their own money.
Please tell me that by now, you don't identify which politicians are liberal or conservative by how much they spend!! LOL...i mean, c'mon, lets get real.

Whether or not Byrd was liberal or conservative is a matter of opinion. But please, you have ZERO evidence that Republicans are small spenders, so don't even go there.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:42 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times
Quote:
How did Obama do in the West Virginia democrat primaries? How many blacks voted for Mc Cain?
Just askin'.
Don't know how Obama did in WV? If Obama loses WV it means Tea Partiers are racist?

Who cares how many blacks voted for McCain? What does that have to do with anything?

Old 11-26-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please tell me that by now, you don't identify which politicians are liberal or conservative by how much they spend!! LOL...i mean, c'mon, lets get real.

Whether or not Byrd was liberal or conservative is a matter of opinion. But please, you have ZERO evidence that Republicans are small spenders, so don't even go there.
When you're right you're right: ALL politicians spend like crack wh*res on pay day. But we should make distinctions between fiscal vs social conservatives, shouldn't we?

Old 11-26-2010, 01:44 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,148 times
Dems are just lashing out in embarrassment because the Tea Party managed to vote in more minorities than the "tolerant" liberals. The Tea Party basically usurped the Democrats by proving their inclusiveness with actions instead of just giving it lip service like the libs do.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Don't know how Obama did in WV? If Obama loses WV it means Tea Partiers are racist?

Who cares how many blacks voted for McCain? What does that have to do with anything?
I believe Obama did worse in W. Va. than in any other state. That could betoken racism among democrat voters (or not). The fact that Obama got something like 95% of the black vote doesn't suggest anything to you? At all?

Old 11-26-2010, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
When you're right you're right: ALL politicians spend like crack wh*res on pay day. But we should make distinctions between fiscal vs social conservatives, shouldn't we?
Yea, but how about electing a fiscal conservative first before we make distinctions. Frankly, the ones you've elected (or THOUGHT you elected) don't impress me. And by the looks of it, you aint impressed either.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, but how about electing a fiscal conservative first before we make distinctions. Frankly, the ones you've elected (or THOUGHT you elected) don't impress me. And by the looks of it, you aint impressed either.
I'd say, at this point in American politics, that we have nowhere to go but up. I'm optimistic about the recent crop we just sent to DC, but I'm not foolish enough to pop the champagne corks just yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies