Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:16 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I wouldn't care if it was one of those flag hangers you put on your house but these ppl have the PR flag flying on a flag pole that's taller than the home. If it's gonna be on a flag pole like that then the US flag shouod be flying on top of it. It gives off a vibe that they don't like the US or don't wanna be here and that they think PR is some kind of heavan. I've lived with a lot of puerto ricans over the years and that's how a lot of their attitudes have been. I'm not being racist I'm just speaking based on real life experience. Its obvious what their trying to say with the flag, and it creates un needed tension in the neighborhood.
You do realize that flying the PR flag is the same as someone in Florida flying the Texas or California flag? PR is not a sovereign nation, just like the states are not sovereign nations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 12:24 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You do realize that flying the PR flag is the same as someone in Florida flying the Texas or California flag? PR is not a sovereign nation, just like the states are not sovereign nations
What ARE you taking about??

Good lord, my relatives in TX fly the US flag, the Norwegian flag, the Texas flag and the Minnesota flag (since half the family is from here originally). I have snow-bird relatives in AZ and FL who fly the flag of their hone states.

What world do you live in where flying two different state or territory flags is an insult to you?

Man, the new Right goes miles further out of their way to be politically correct than the lunatic fringe Left ever did. All it took was for a non-white Democrat to be elected POTUS.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:26 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,175,792 times
non-white?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiano4 View Post
im italian and i have only a flag from italia that i wave proud i live in the usa so what you gonna come and shoot me and i resent your little statment about the hispanics and latinos italians are latin and we have pride in our home no matter what anyone says just like if some american came to italia waving a american flag around ( not gonna say he/she will live long) they woulnd make a big deal out of it they would just dig a ditch and put the person and flag in it then go on about their day. the way i look at it is if your offended by a simple thing as a person being proud of there race and not bending over and saying they are white to blend in with the american government then im sorry you must of not had a very good childhood so go out and have fun because you really dont want to disrespect the wrong person over race....

who said anything about race and italians arent considered latino latin

Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,761 times
Must tell that yank down the road that if he wants to fly the USA flag he has to put the NZ ensign up as well and to a greater height.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:31 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
I don't get why people get their panties in a wad over things like this. People are free to love their home country and this country at the same time. Why should they forget where they came from or hide it because it bothers some closed minded individual? We are free to speak and express ourselves as we please. Furthermore, Native Americans are the only true natives of this country. If it weren't for immigrants, America wouldn't be what it is or have the flag that we do. We are not all the same and if people are proud of their roots and want to show it with a flag, they are free to do so. I don't see anything offensive about it.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:49 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
non-white?
Non 100-percenter, to be more clear.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:47 PM

838 posts, read 922,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I was born in Puerto Rico and so have all my family and last I checked we were all born Americans and have a US passport . By the way, 97% of Puerto Ricans from the island want to stay American citizens . Oh and if you ever visit Puerto Rico, you'll notice down there a lot of people don't have the flag on every article of clothing they wear or on their cars. That's more of a mainlander thing, not a Commonwealth thing. Same with Mexicans in Mexico. Most of them don't give a crap about Cinco de Mayo but the American ones are all crazy celebrating it
Sorry, Puerto Rico mentioned in post I quoted. Interesting information.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
as for the comparison to flying a US flag in other countires...
thats apples and oranges. no other country has the history of being an immigrant country like the US.
Untrue, many other nations have mixed nationalities.
I believe Australia has more nationalities than any other.

Would you flt the US flag while living in another country?

Old 08-03-2010, 11:43 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Untrue, many other nations have mixed nationalities.
I believe Australia has more nationalities than any other.

Would you flt the US flag while living in another country?

in some places its best not to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies