Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 06:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Liberals think if we have this mosque built in Manhattan al Qaeda won't attack us again.
We know very well what that type of mentality lead to after the 1993 WTC terror attack.
Really? Where did you hear such a stupid thing?

Old 08-14-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You are 100% correct. Jews and Christians were not involved in the terrorist act. Unless you have forgotten. If that makes me a racist, so be it.
If I remember correctly Timothy McVeigh was American and he was a terrorist.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:25 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I've got a question.

When a sect of people see our Constitution, not for the beauty of giving every man equal rights, but as our weakness and as a means to bringing us down, then why should they benefit from those rights?
First, that's a highly suspicious interpretation of the facts, but I'll play along: Because they're inalienable rights. Part of the genius of the Founding Fathers was that of saying that the Constitution (well, the Bill of Rights) isn't a laundry list of rights graciously given by Government, rather it is an enumeration of rights that everybody already possesses - Government's role is that of seeing to it that the rights are extended to everybody.

Quote:
Does a Muslim see anyone but another Muslim as anything but an Infidel?
That very much depends on the Muslim. Tons of people who self-identify as Muslims couldn't care less. Other Muslims are so fanatical about religious purity that they even consider the majority of other Muslims heretics who are up for a fiery afterlife.

Of course, all serious monotheists consider their particular religion the true way and must by necessity consider those of other faiths misled.

Quote:
If we are always on the open and honest (the right road) and they are always on the attack (terrorists) then who is at fault when they do finally take us down?
Why do you have so little faith in the American ideals? The nation, like all Western nations, is founded on the idea that free people will be able to make the right choices.

This is why Nazists and Communists get to run in elections, this is why the Ku Klux Klan has every right to speak and exist, just as the most virulently fanatic Wahabbist Imam has his say.

Of course, by all serious accounts Imam Rauf is about as moderate as one can ask a religious figure to be. He's a Sufi - to bin Laden and his ilk, that makes him a hated heretic. He's been travelling as spokesperson for Islam in the US, both under the previous administration and this one. Hell, he's written books to argue that one can live under US law and be a perfectly good Muslim.

Right now, history is asking the US: Do you live by your stated ideals or by your fears? Can you handle freedom when those you don't like exercise it?

Old 08-14-2010, 06:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
Yes, I agree with the other poster, please back up these claims?
The Obama "truth squad" in Missouri during his campain is public knowledge. It was huge news in both Kansas City and St. Louis. Do your own research. Since it has been two years I wouldn't be surprised if links are difficult to find as Missouri newspaper archives do not generally go back that long online without paying a fee.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:27 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I hope he supports a group that wants to set up an anti-black church or store, cause its their right, and we as Americans have to respect that, that is what I want to hear from Obamas mouth.
Has the KKK been outlawed?

Old 08-14-2010, 06:29 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally posted by lovemeorhatemii
I haven't read through al the 51 pages of this thread but from the first page, I just have to say it sickens me how some of you people think.

First, Obama wasn't good enough. Most repubs said he was against the constitution...now when he DEFENDS the constitution, you all are up in arms. Many people throughout America's history have come here because we offer freedom of religion. You all are mad at ALL Muslims, for a few. Remind you that there are more than 1 billion Muslims in the world. Japan also attacked America, but I don't see anyone refusing to let the Japanese live their lives as Americans.

9/11 will forever be in my heart and all Americans hearts, but to deny someone freedom of religion and freedom to worship in a privately owned building, is also damaging!

I really believe now that most of the hatred thrown at him is because he is black. Damned if he do, damned if he don't. The HYPOCRISY is amazing!
Of course what's scary is that many of these same posters would have supported Japanese internment during the War. You can clearly tell.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:35 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
most of these posters say wild and crazy things because its the internet. they do it to get attention. doesnt mean they would say that, or even think like that in real life.

i will add this final point that will put this to rest.

timothy mcveigh was a christian, part of a christian terrorist organization. he bombed the okc federal building in one of the worst terrorist acts in us history.

should we ban churches near ground zero in okc?

like i said. this is an irrelevant topic being stirred up to pin one vs the other while we forget about important things.

this is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. 2 months from now nobody will even remember this.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:38 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Allowing a Mosque to be built on the site of the 9/11 mass murders is equivalent to the Germans building a Neo-Nazi Military School at the sites of the Concentration Camps, or allowing space on each American Aircraft Carrier to pay tribute to Kamikaze Pilots.

Sorry, liberals, but Americans are supposed to have enough common sense not to let our Constitution be used as an excuse to add insult on top of mass murder.

Again the liberals will never see anything close to common sense. They will rally around to defend muslims who are the worst violators of human rights for women and homosexuals and who hate the west, mostly because of the moral decay liberals inject into society. It's like their brain cells are all twisted.

The left demands we should be tolerant of this monument to 3000 deaths for Islam yet not one lefty has demanded the muslims be tolerant.

Muslim Gay Bar: Why Are the Intolerant Preaching Tolerance?

Old 08-14-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So can we blame all of Christianity for:
The Oklahoma Bombing
Abortion clinic bombings
The Ludlow Massacre
The bombing of Los Angeles Times building
The Centennial Olympic Park Bombing
The Holocaust Museum Attack

Cause if you're going to paint with a broad brush against Islam, we might as well do the same for Christianity.
Some people just don't want to see it.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:46 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
most of these posters say wild and crazy things because its the internet. they do it to get attention. doesnt mean they would say that, or even think like that in real life.

i will add this final point that will put this to rest.

timothy mcveigh was a christian, part of a christian terrorist organization. he bombed the okc federal building in one of the worst terrorist acts in us history.

should we ban churches near ground zero in okc?

like i said. this is an irrelevant topic being stirred up to pin one vs the other while we forget about important things.

this is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. 2 months from now nobody will even remember this.
One nut job compared to thousands of islamic terrorists.

And that was in 1995, how many acts of terror have been committed by muslims since then?

If the muslims had the same track record( one event 15 yrs ago) nobody would be objecting, but that is not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies