Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Gee i don't know- Nichols and McVeigh were conservative Christians
and they went and bombed hundreds of Americans including children to death. Doesn't it soil the memory of the Americans who died to have Christians stick our nose in it by having a church in the same area? What about the loved ones who lost family and who now would have to look at that Cross each time they go by?

You say that Nicols and McVeigh weren't good Christians? Well did you ever think that the Musim terrorists who blew up the World Trade Center weren't considered good muslims and that religion denounced them?

Did the Christian churches ever denounce Nicols and McVeigh ( nah they just hoped people would forget it about and continue to look at arabs).

Did McVeigh or Nichols scream out "God is Great!" right before the blast? Did they claim to do it out of motivation to kill infidels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 12:24 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
I guess the drive by trolling from the OP was successful.

He steps in, makes several unfounded accusations in his thread starter, has all of his points countered with fact to which he never responds again to the thread to which he created.

Classic Troll

Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
They talked about this on CNN last night, they said McVeigh was athiest.
Wikipedia says:

Quote:
Political and religious views

McVeigh's only known political affiliations were his voter registration with the Republican Party of New York when he lived in Buffalo, New York, and a membership in the National Rifle Association while in the military.[79]
In a recorded interview with Time magazine[80] McVeigh professed his belief in "a god", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs." Throughout his childhood, he and his father were Roman Catholic and regularly attended daily Mass at Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton, New York. The Guardian reported that McVeigh wrote a letter to them claiming to be an agnostic and that he did not believe in a hell.[81][82] McVeigh once said that he believed the universe was guided by natural law, energized by some universal higher power that showed each person right from wrong if they paid attention to what was going on inside them. He had also said, "Science is my religion."[83]
According to this he spent a lot of time in a Catholic (Christian) church in his formative years. Then he leaned toward "some universal higher power" and then "science". He was a Republican and NRA member.

So maybe there should be no RNC or NRA headquarters near the OKC bombing site, and just to be safe, throw in no on Catholic Churches and no on scientific organizations.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:21 PM

41 posts, read 25,536 times
McVeigh was an atheist.

McVeigh No Christian; Worshipped Himself; Said “Science Is My Religion”

Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,074 times
He was big on that Church group that Clinton set on fire in Waco TX . Why not build a Church for any survivors of that disaster .

Old 08-17-2010, 01:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Did McVeigh or Nichols scream out "Allah Akbar!" right before the blast? Did they claim to do it out of motivation to kill infidels?
Fixed the above post in red.

There was a Middle East jihaddist connection to the OKC Murrah building bombing that has been swept under the rug of political correctness to make Clinton's administration look less inept on the subject of terrorism.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:29 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Fixed the above post in red.

There was a Middle East jihaddist connection to the OKC Murrah building bombing that has been swept under the rug of political correctness to make Clinton's administration look less inept on the subject of terrorism.

The point is that McVeigh did not do what he did in the name of God. The 9/11 terrorists did. They expected to get 72 virgins in paradise after they blew themselves up.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:38 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
McVeigh was acting against the government he had nothing to do with any religion. Yes, many religions condemned what he did.
They know that..they are just trying to bait once again using a ridiculous analogy which just shows how desperate they are to make a point that is pointless....

Old 08-17-2010, 03:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum – Official Website

Here is the web site of the memorial. If I am not mistaken when I toured the place I think there already is a church across the street from it. The church was there before the bombing. It's an old church.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
NewSpin360.com | Virtual Tour

If you look at this 300 degree view you can plainly see a church with a cross right across the street. They don't need to build it since it was already there. Actually I see 2 churches. They helped with the rescue and recovery after the disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies