Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 01:14 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I am asking him to defend his statement. That is one of the aspects of debate and discourse.

I have a better question: Why is when people challenge you, you sneak away and ignore them and then come back and attack from a different angle?

You started this thread. Proceed with some sense of order or be gone.
He's a she ....and no, I don't plan to find any numbers. If you agree that there are many and yet still harp on this fact-finding mission, do it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 01:15 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The problem is that so many White people don't believe Black people are the "children" of the same God. And if they do they often believe they are lessor children. In fact, this was one of the original justifications for racism and slavery.

The undeniable reality is the father right of the poltical center of this country you go the more religious it gets and the more racists its gets. Case in point the American Nazi Party, The Klu Klux Klan and the Aryan Brotherhoodl. At the core of these organizations is the belief that America is "A White Christian Country".

While many White Americans may not be as extreme be as members of these groups a substantial number of White American truly believe that America is “A White Christian Nation”. Which is why Sarah Palin’s “Let’s take back our country” remarks resonates so strongly with them.

Ain't gonna float. The tea party is about fiscal responsiblity. They are about taking the country back from the corrupt politicians. It has nothing to do with race. If you find race in that than you are falling for liberal propaganda.

Liberals are the ones that want to constantly divide the nation and label groups that they see as inferior. If blacks think that whites find them inferior it's because the liberals tell them they are inferior.

Liberals are the ones that say it's wrong for a white person to use the N word but OK if blacks do. Liberals say the use of cracker or ****** are not the same even though they are used with hurtful intent. If liberals thought all people were equal, why wouldn't they try to create a level playing field? If you want equality you have to play by the same rules.
Liberals need to feel superior so they have to create a group of needy people. They keep saying blacks are inferior by suggesting they can't make it without special treatment. They even do studies to try to back up their beliefs. How many studies do you see on how far blacks have come and all the "positive" contributions they make? The accomplishments exist but the studies don't because it would detract from their cause.

That is true racism IMO and makes me very angry.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
IMHO, when you call someone out and resort to name calling, the burden of proof is on you.
Name calling....where please? And I did give evidence of the "many".

Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
He's a she ....and no, I don't plan to find any numbers. If you agree that there are many and yet still harp on this fact-finding mission, do it yourself.
So you yield?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I could argue that one would have to be playing ignorant to make the statement that was made.
ok, heres the deal we could nuance this thing to death and that is exactly what you and the op would like to do or that is your mindset......and therefore you will, for the rest of your life be haunted by racist, because every word ,thought, look, glance,wink,nod,stare and action, will be subject to the question in your mind..........."hmmm, was that racist". Here it is if someone makes overt and obvious comments directed towards me regarding my skin color, I would assume they are racist. The question for you and the op would be, so what? We have established there are racists of all colors , what are you going to do about it? Root each and everyone out , search their heart and then what?
Great; thanks for finally addressing the question. Feels good, doesn't it? BTW, I in no way "look" for racism; I was born/raised in Washington, DC; I work in the city and live only 15 minutes outside of it. I'm surrounded by various ethnicities and find a diverse, tolerant population to be a GREAT thing.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:19 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Name calling....where please? And I did give evidence of the "many".
You said he/she was ignorant.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
ChocLot:

Where are you?
(nervously looks around to see if IT Dept is on to my C-D antics)

Hmmmm...I'm hard at work. You?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
So you yield?
Sure!

Old 08-20-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
You said he/she was ignorant.
Where?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Not at all, you have every right to express your opinion and I respect that.

I completely agree that people perceive things differently based on their race,experiences and perspectives.

My "I love you too" comment was meant to convey that even though we may diametrically different positions on a variety of issues I bear you no ill will.
Thank you. Nor I you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies