Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Redacting a photograph of a rock does not alter the rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It does indeed alter the photograph of the rock.
But it does not alter THE ROCK which is what dude said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 10:53 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
There is a "difference," but you do not appear to understand what that difference is.

"Citizen" is a the general category that includes two (and only two) sub categories; natural born citizens and naturalized citizens.
Three:

1. Native Born.

2. Naturalized.

3. Natural Born.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:56 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Hmmm, since I had a copy of the application then I am supposed to assume it was a phony? I wish I hadn't throw it out now.
As I said, your memory fails you. There is no such application. Whatever you had that was so conveniently "thrown out" would have been plastered all over the Birthersphere even had it been fake.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:57 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Yes... and none of those three copies contains any mention of "natural born citizens" whatsoever, let alone provides a definition for them.
Where's your proof that none of the three copies contained Chapter 19 Subsection 212?

Quote:
That is a lie. There is no sign that you have ever referenced either. You are cutting and pasting from second, third, fourth and fifth hand sources.
You throw 'that's a lie' around a lot, but let's look at the facts. I've posted verification from The Library of Congress and the University of Virginia.

You? You've posted nothing more than vitriolic opinion.

Quote:
And anyone who has actually read that pamphlet (which you apparently have not) understands that the entire argument was based on a jus soli definition of natural born citizen.
Exactly. They thought they could prove Chester Arthur was born in Canada.

Quote:
I am getting my info directly from Leo Donofrio's own writings that record his descent into drug use, delusion and mental illness. He told about it in a rambling stream of consciousness internet bloviation called "One Love Story" where he describes how he became convinced that the lead singer for the Manchester rock band "Stone Roses" was Jesus and that he (Donofrio) was the Holy Spirit assigned to announce his second coming.
So you're the one who is the Donofrio fan. Got it.

Quote:
This is the man who invented the whole "two citizen parent" definition of natural born citizen.
No. That would be Vattel. The same Vattel mentioned by Benjamin Franklin and cited in the Congressional Record. Read chapter 19 subsection 212.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Three:

1. Native Born.

2. Naturalized.

3. Natural Born.
Wrong.

Native born and natural born are exactly and completely synonymous.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
It does indeed alter the photograph of the rock.
But not the rock.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Where's your proof that none of the three copies contained Chapter 19 Subsection 212?
All three copies contain Chapter 19 Subsection 212. Your problem is that Chapter 19 Subsection 212 never mentions natural born citizenship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
Exactly. They thought they could prove Chester Arthur was born in Canada.
And did not care that his father was an alien.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Wrong.

Native born and natural born are exactly and completely synonymous.
Maybe "simpatico" to support your tenuous position - but not synonymous!

An illegal alien couple's U.S. born child (depository) can be native born, but not natural born.

The stork of the U.S. Constitution complies with constitutional boundaries of both solis and sanguinity.

Blood of the soil - pip, pip, cherrio!

Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Interesting how Obama has provided more evidence for his citizenship than any other President in American history, and yet he's the only one you ever thought to question on the issue.
More evidence? Another unsubstantiated opinion.

And I've already given the example of another who would be ineligible by virtue of non-citizen parents. Bobby Jindal.

Quote:
Here's the one that makes it a crime to put "Honolulu" in the "Place of Birth" field of a birth certificate when the person was actually born in a foreign country.

United States Code: Title 18,CHAPTER 47;FRAUD AND FALSE STATEMENTS
You posted a federal law. I'll remember that next time I have need to apply for a federal birth certificate.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
There is a "difference," but you do not appear to understand what that difference is.

"Citizen" is a the general category that includes two (and only two) sub categories; natural born citizens and naturalized citizens.
Based on what?

Quote:
Because it's certainly not for "natural born citizenship," since it is never mentioned once. Once you actually figure out what he is really saying, then you will discover how completely he is contradicted by the US Constitution. Because he does not believe that such children are not "natural born citizens" (a phrase he never uttered). He believes that they are not citizens at all!
That's your opinion. That's not what Vattel wrote. He never wrote that children of non-citizens were not citizens at all. He wrote that they were not natural citizens.

Quote:
As an aside: Did you know that Vattel, in Law of Nations, also completely rejected the right of citizens to bear arms?
Yes. Vattel influenced the Constitution, he did not write it.

Quote:
Gosh... I thought you said the Framers really liked his ideas? That he was some sort of ultimate source of the ideas that became the US Constitution?

Go figure.
Ultimate source? No. Influential source? Yes, according to Benjamin Franklin's letter to Dumas. Look it up. Influence doesn't mean all or nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies