Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well, if his dad hung around long enough it might have been him. And I must say being a mother of 2 boys, what I say can be damaging or positive. I spent a lot of days with them while their dad was at work. Mom's have a lot of influence on the way the sons turn out.
Mothers are other mom's worst enemies sometimes. Always blaming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 09:09 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The thread has 26,501 posts as of a minute ago, nobody yet has proven Obama's ineligibility, another
thread was closed a year or so ago with as many posts with nothing resolved.....birther threads like
this, and the ones on Hannity are total rubbish.
I wouldn't say that. A lot of historical and factual information has been revealed.
- How many of you knew about Vattel's Law of Nations and how it influenced our founding fathers and the U.S. Constitution?
- How many of you knew that there are publicly accessible Congressional Records dating back to the late 18th century?
- How many of you knew Thomas Jefferson would have considered Obama an alien by virtue of his British citizenship at birth?
- How many of you knew that by state law, you can tell the appropriate Hawaiian government agent whatever you need to say to get a Hawaiian birth certificate, and there's no requirement for the actual verification of that information?
- How many of you knew that the DNC's Organizing for America will not commit to stating that Obama is a natural born citizen?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:11 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Again, when did ignorance become a point of view?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I wouldn't say that. A lot of historical and factual information has been revealed.
- How many of you knew about Vattel's Law of Nations and how it influenced our founding fathers and the U.S. Constitution?
- How many of you knew that there are publicly accessible Congressional Records dating back to the late 18th century?
- How many of you knew Thomas Jefferson would have considered Obama an alien by virtue of his British citizenship at birth?
- How many of you knew that by state law, you can tell the appropriate Hawaiian government agent whatever you need to say to get a Hawaiian birth certificate, and there's no requirement for the actual verification of that information?
- How many of you knew that the DNC's Organizing for America will not commit to stating that Obama is a natural born citizen?
I've heard of Vattel
Check
LOL! Jefferson's own mother was born in England.
There is a similar law in virutally every state
Didn't know that, I'm not ready to take your word for it.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I've heard of Vattel
Check
There is a similar law in virutally every state
Didn't know that, I'm not ready to take your word for it.
Jefferson was grandfathered, not grandmothered.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes. Do you know why Jefferson still would have been eligible for the U.S. Presidency?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:16 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
How many knew there was a third class of citizen in the US?
None because there isn't a third class, there are only born and naturalized citizens.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:19 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,056,680 times
Quote:
Yes. Do you know why Jefferson still would have been eligible for the U.S. Presidency?
Yes, because he was citizen at the time the Constitution was ratified.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Yes, because he was citizen at the time the Constitution was ratified.
Yeah, they all conveniently grandfathered themselves in.

I, too, think Vattel was nuts with this paternity thing. What an ego! The mother, who carries and bears the child, but the putative father, even if he really isn't the father, determines the citizenship?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
How many knew there was a third class of citizen in the US?
None because there isn't a third class, there are only born and naturalized citizens.
Actually, the U.S. Supreme Court describes the two classes of citizens as such:
Quote:
There are, then, under our republican form of government, two classes of citizens, one of the United States and one of the state. One class of citizenship may exist in a person, without the other, as in the case of a resident of the District of Columbia; but both classes usually exist in the same person.
[Gardina v. Board of Registrars, 160 Ala. 155]
[48 S. 788, 791 (1909)]
'Natural born citizen' status is a subset of the class that is United States citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies