Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 06:51 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
("The most beautiful sound in the world" is, by the way, another fabrication.)
Do you mean he never said that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Without seeing anything, why are people so utterly CONVINCED that he isn't a natural born citizen? If they won't accept that he IS because that proof is too scant ("not the original day-of-birth form with signatures and little foot prints") Why do they accept he ISN'T when there is absolutely NO proof of any sort?

Wishful thinking? Do you know there are actually people out there who think that if he is somehow proved to be ineligible to hold office that McCain/Palin will win by default like the second runner up in a beauty pageant? True story.
I don't know what would happen, but there is no reason in the world that there should be such a controversy over his citizenship. He could end it, if he chose to. Makes me wonder why he doesn't (same with reference to his college records - why won't he reveal them?) What is there he doesn't want known?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 07:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm still waiting for the 3,000% reduction in my insurance premiums Obama promised.

YouTube - Obama's Health Insurance Lie: 3,000%
Keep waiting...ours went up by $1,100.

Last edited by Driller1; 08-31-2010 at 07:53 AM..

Old 08-31-2010, 07:24 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, for God's sake (pun intended)! The holy works of any religion should be respected by all. Obama was a little boy when he lived in Indonesia. I have some memories from my childhood, too.
This discussion goes round and round and round and never seems to get to the bottom of the problem.

The question was asked umpteen pages ago as to why BO's application to that college (been so far back I've forgotten the name) which stated he was a "foreign" student, thus eligible for special admission, has anything to do with his birth certificate.

My question would be "if he is, indeed, a legitimate US citizen then he lied on that application" or "if he did not lie and was a citizen of Indonesia, did he renounce his US citizenship when he was of legal age to do so?"

One way or the other, IMHO, he was a liar and seems to have committed fraud. Also, IMHO, nothing has changed with him. Many may call it "spin" but I have to call it deceiving which to me is an out and out lie.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:32 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but Benjamin Franklin explicitly thanked Dumas for the 3 copies of Vattel's Law of Nations he sent Franklin.
Yes he did. All three copies were in French and not one of them contained the phrase "natural born citizen" anywhere withing them.

I am getting my info from the original documents, not Birther web pages like you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
The reality is that it wasn't known then that Arthur's father wasn't a U.S. citizen at the time of Chester Arthur's birth, which would be the actual reason Arthur was ineligible - he wasn't a natural born citizen because of his non-citizen father.
This is another Birther lie that never dies. In point of fact, Arthur's father's status as a foreigner was so well known that he was regularly pilloried during the election as "That son of an Irishman."

It is fascinating that you seem to swallow the idiotic writing of Leo Donofrio without regard to his history as a drug user, failed lawyer and insane insistence that he is the "Paraclete" who was sent to earth to announce the second coming of Jesus in the form of a British rock band (I'm not making this up).

But that's what passes for brilliance among the Birthers.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Notice how that's an invalid certificate because it's been altered.
No. It hasn't. The image has a number redacted, but the certificate itself (as proven in the later FactCheck photos) has not been touched.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
They changed the requirement after it was widely publicized that even Hawaii's DHHL would not accept Obama's COLB as valid for their purposes.
They always accepted the COLB and even said so on the web page. They preferred the long form (not to prove citizenship, but to help prove Hawaiian ethnicity) but always accepted the COLB.

Quote:
They were supposed to establish natural born citizen status to verify eligibility. They did not do that.
Yes... they did. The COLB established that completely. Even the US State Department says so. In court. Under oath.

Quote:
Sure they can. The state of Hawaii will use whatever information they are given. Read the law again:
You are lying again. Not only doesn't the law say that, for them to place a false location in the "Place of birth" field would be a criminal offense.

Quote:
That 'any person' merely tells the local agent the birth occurred in Honolulu and PRESTO! A Hawaiian COLB that lists the birthplace as Honolulu is acquired.
Prove. It.

Go get a Hawaiian Birth Certificate and show us.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Not at all. Vattel's meaning is quite clear regardless of which language it was in.
And here you prove your total hypocrisy. A few posts before you were splitting hairs between the phrase "citizen" and "natural born citizen," and suddenly you insist that it's fair game to insist completely different languages are "quite clear" as meaning the same thing.

Cake and eat it, maybe?

If it was "quite clear," how do explain that in 50 years and more than half dozen translations, not a single professional translator ever noticed?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Where's the emboss seal that has to be on it. I had to show my sons birth certificate not a copy and had to have the embossed seal, for drivers education. Does Hawaii not require the seal??
The certificate is embossed. It can even be seen on the original scan if you look closely enough.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
I'll answer all these at once...campagne promises rarely mean anything. You should learn that now so you don't feel totally disillusioned when your candidate wins and promises are broken.

There you go.
Campaign promises are what got him elected.

Had he not promised anything, he would still be what he really is today, a second rate senator from one of the most corrupt states in the union. His actions have not been presidential.

Yet he continues to campaign to this day, making promises, placing himself above any responsibility (he was IN the Senate preceding his recent ascent.) Continuing his blame them game.

Obama has Toyota Syndrome. He thinks he's hitting that brake but he is just pressing on the gas pedal harder and harder and harder.

It ain't headed into a ditch, it's headed over a cliff.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:03 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Campaign promises are what got him elected.

Had he not promised anything, he would still be what he really is today, a second rate senator from one of the most corrupt states in the union. His actions have not been presidential.

Yet he continues to campaign to this day, making promises, placing himself above any responsibility (he was IN the Senate preceding his recent ascent.) Continuing his blame them game.

Obama has Toyota Syndrome. He thinks he's hitting that brake but he is just pressing on the gas pedal harder and harder and harder.

It ain't headed into a ditch, it's headed over a cliff.
Actually, he'd done pretty well keeping and working on keeping his campaign promises, especially considering he isn't even 1/3 through his first term.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies