Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 08:31 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Cite, or admit you're full of it.
I already did look for it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
That law applies only within U.K boundaries.
No it doesn't. Read it. Even FactCheck agrees (on the fight the smears website):
Quote:
As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.
Fight the Smears: The Truth About Barack (http://fightthesmears.com/articles/5/birthcertificate - broken link)

Interesting thing about that fight the smears website (paid for by the DNC's Organizing for America). They say Obama is a U.S. citizen, and even go as far as calling him a native citizen. BUT they will not commit to stating that Obama is a 'natural born citizen,' the citizenship status that is required of a president by the U.S. Constitution.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No we are not. Here are the words of a treaty (The Treaty of Tripoli) negotiated under George Washington and signed by John Adams. It seems particularly relevant even today.
Absolute Proof America Is a Christian Nation. America was founded on three documents: The Declaration of Independence; The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783, and the Constitution. These documents give conclusive proof that America is a Christian nation.
Declaration of Independence:
The Declaration has many references to God throughout the document. The most famous one is that men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.
“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”
Here are more references to God found in the document:
Laws of Nature and of Nature's God”
Appealing to the Supreme of the World”
With a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence”
The Declaration of Independence does not identify the God whom they are addressing. This could be left open to interpretation and opinion.
The Constitution
The body of the Constitution makes no reference to God. The Constitution honors the Christian Sabbath. The President was given 10 days to sign a bill into law. The counting of the 10 days does not include the Sabbath. This is found in Article 1, Section 7, and Clause 2 which in part follows:
“If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law,”
When the Constitution was completed on September 17, 1787, it was signed by the delegates then to be ratified by the states. The delegates signed the Constitution in the “Year of our Lord.” This is a direct reference to Christianity.

Quote:
I for one will take their opinion over some 21st century "pastor."
Did you even watch it, if you had you would have seen the pastor was commenting on Obama's words, he was not making it up.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:52 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Could be because they're facts. You can't alter facts and have them remain factually true, so they probably do look similar regardless of who relates them, or wherever else you read them. Much like many different people may tell you the same thing: water is wet.
The thread has 26,501 posts as of a minute ago, nobody yet has proven Obama's ineligibility, another
thread was closed a year or so ago with as many posts with nothing resolved.....birther threads like
this, and the ones on Hannity are total rubbish.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, for God's sake (pun intended)! The holy works of any religion should be respected by all. Obama was a little boy when he lived in Indonesia. I have some memories from my childhood, too.
These are not childhood memories, these are teachings from his mother. Sorry, as a CHRISTIAN respect is one thing, Holy is another.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Of course he can't spend all his time with his non-existent birth certificate plastered to his forehead!

It might get in his way as he chooses his next golf club!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
These are not childhood memories, these are teachings from his mother. Sorry, as a CHRISTIAN respect is one thing, Holy is another.
It's always the mother, isn't it?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:03 PM

Where's the emboss seal that has to be on it. I had to show my sons birth certificate not a copy and had to have the embossed seal, for drivers education. Does Hawaii not require the seal??

Old 08-30-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's always the mother, isn't it?
Well, if his dad hung around long enough it might have been him. And I must say being a mother of 2 boys, what I say can be damaging or positive. I spent a lot of days with them while their dad was at work. Mom's have a lot of influence on the way the sons turn out.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:07 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,056,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Where's the emboss seal that has to be on it. I had to show my sons birth certificate not a copy and had to have the embossed seal, for drivers education. Does Hawaii not require the seal??
That has been addressed numerous times. The seal was pressed into the back of the document and the scan didn't pick it up clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies