Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 08:51 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
A completely phony theory with not the tiniest shred of evidence in its support..... to include Jay's letter which never mentions parents or dual citizenship once.
Nonsense. The meaning is quite clear. Jay mentions the specific exclusion of foreigners. You know, foreigners: those who owe allegiance to a foreign country/sovereign, like Obama at birth - which has already been admitted on Organizing for America's fightthesmears.com website.

Obama: not a natural born citizen; not Constitutionally eligible.

Obama is a fraudulent president. History will not judge him kindly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Anyone with a claim on a foreign citizenship is ineligible
Where are you getting 'claim?' Read the British Nationality Act of 1948. There is no 'claim.' Obama was, IN FACT, a British national at birth.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:11 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Where are you getting 'claim?' Read the British Nationality Act of 1948. There is no 'claim.' Obama was, IN FACT, a British national at birth.
And also a US citizen! His British citizenship expired in 1963, when he was two years old. His Kenyan citizenship expired in 1984, when he was 23.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It's not hypothetical, because the person is real. In fact the person is me. I was born in Los Angeles at what was then called Sun Valley Hospital (Now "Pacifica Hospital of Sun Valley") to two parents, both of whom were US citizens from birth, both born in Erie, Pennsylvania. Both of whom were also (by the way) issued US Passports based on COLBs with even less information than Obama's. But that last point is neither here nor there.

Now... here's the rub. I am a natural born citizen of the United States and fully eligible to run for the Presidency.

I am also a dual citizen. I was dual citizen at birth based on an Italian law of which I was entirely unaware until I was 46 years old. I did not choose to be a dual citizen. I didn't even know I was one for most of my life. But under Italian law, I am an Italian citizen at birth via both my paternal and maternal lines.

QED: I am both a natural born citizen, and a dual citizen at the same time.
Actually, it's a more complicated than that. We would need to know the complete citizenship statuses of your parents and forebears before your claim to dual citizenship would be considered valid.

In addition, Obama's situation is much more direct with a known non-citizen father.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
any claim to british citizenship expired when he was 21. obama only has US citizenship.
The requirement is 'natural born citizen.' How old is one when one is born?

And Obama doesn't just have a 'claim' to British citizenship. He actually was BORN a British national by virtue of his British subject non-U.S. citizen father.
He even admits that.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And also a US citizen! His British citizenship expired in 1963, when he was two years old. His Kenyan citizenship expired in 1984, when he was 23.
What about 'natural born citizen' do you all not get? Obama was born before 1963.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:

In addition, Obama's situation is much more direct with a known non-citizen father.
Which is completely irrelevant since not only was his mother an United States citizen, but because Barack Obama was born on United States soil in the state of Hawaii.

Why you continue to ignore these pertinent facts is beyond my comprehension.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Nonsense. The meaning is quite clear. Jay mentions the specific exclusion of foreigners. You know, foreigners: those who owe allegiance to a foreign country/sovereign, like Obama at birth - which has already been admitted on Organizing for America's fightthesmears.com website.
by your definition dual citizens are foreigners to both countries.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Which is completely irrelevant since not only was his mother an United States citizen, but because Barack Obama was born on United States soil in the state of Hawaii.

Why you continue to ignore these pertinent facts is beyond my comprehension.
You're missing the point. Obama directly inherited his British nationality through his British national non-U.S. citizen father. Even he admits that. Obama owed allegiance to a foreign sovereign/country at birth.

We can see from John Jay's letter to Washington that the clear intent of the 'natural born citizen' clause in the Constitution was to exclude foreigners. Obama's allegiance to the British sovereign at birth makes him a foreigner, and therefore Constitutionally ineligible.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:35 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
The requirement is 'natural born citizen.' How old is one when one is born?
again, under this definition any country could destroy our presidency by simply proclaiming all US citizens also citizens of that country at birth.

correct ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies