Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 09:19 PM

344 posts, read 199,405 times

Advertisements

If he was actually born abroad, that doesn't automatically mean he's not American. You can be an American born abroad. You just need a consular birth certificate. So I really don't understand the issue. His mom was American, thus even if he were born in Kenya (which he most likely wasn't), he would have still been born an American citizen. I know, because I'm an American citizen born abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,061,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Please they had people by the bus loads. If you wasn't watching I can't explain it to you. Has nothing with him being a black man so get off your high horse, is this the best you can do???

He could be pink and I would still not like his agenda!!!
Best I can do???!!! I haven't even began my dear...Who said it was about race??? I am pointing out facts---You know he is black right?? Never knew it was an offense to point out a fact here on City Data--should that be reported???

High horse---thank you for the compliment--I actually put the horse back in the barn since it is getting late.....There is always tommorrw... You always put a smile on my face 3shepards..gotta love ya!!

Old 09-01-2010, 09:31 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,438,823 times
Quote:
I don't think I mentioned anti-christian. I was talking about voting!!

so then you are saying driving voters to the polls and buying them pizza is just a wrong thing to do regardless of faith ???

please help me understand your point.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:54 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,438,823 times
Quote:
I don't think I mentioned anti-christian. I was talking about voting!!
on revue, i do apologize. your post had no mention of religion and i made the leap.

my defense being that your posts in this thread have been heavily christian based and the two figures you commented on are reverends in christian churches.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:13 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
on revue, i do apologize. your post had no mention of religion and i made the leap.

my defense being that your posts in this thread have been heavily christian based and the two figures you commented on are reverends in christian churches.
Nice apology, brings rationality back to the discussion.

Folks who somewhat tend to be anti-religion also tend to jump to conclusions. Sort of goes hand in hand, I've noticed.

It's even more difficult when reading comprehension gets in the way, as with "people who never voted got loaded on buses and taken to the polls" being interpreted as "getting off the bus and not voting".

Duh. They never voted in the past, and were fed pizza and taken to the polls.

You gotta laugh sometimes at the silliness of it all.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:21 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
oy vey its like arguing with a 4 year old. Yes she has seen the original records. Can she use them without the expressed permission from Obama? No. Laws prevent her from doing so.

ORIGINAL records are kept not on site at the DoH . They can't. that would be over 3 million records they would have to keep paper versions of and store. That is a nightmare room to have in a small government building, which would need to be subjected to constant environment controls to make sure the paper records are not spoiled by Hawaii's tropical climate (anyone who has lived in Hawaii can tell you that humidity alone is enough to destroy paper).

many records are actually on microfiche. Machines that are no longer used at the DoH when they went completely digital in 2001.

to REMAIN consistent with record keeping, older birht RECords were inputted into a computer databse. That database does not keep images of the original records, but simply data. TEXT.

That database is then accessed when someone requests a copy of their record. The clerk simply enters the information pulls up the record and sends that information to a printer, where its printed up.

The form is consistent so that when you request a copy the person next to you who does the same gets the same looking form.

To maintain over 20 versions of forms for over 100 years of records would be nightmarish and would call to question which FORM is the correct form to use or be accepted by the many services that needed a COLB (birth information has been logged for births up to 1908)

Hawaii only issues Certifications of Live Birth (now renamed Certificate of Live Birth as this is the only record they maintain):
Applying for Hawaiian Home Lands — Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
Thanks for brining some sane, rational logic to this thread!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Nice apology, brings rationality back to the discussion.

Folks who somewhat tend to be anti-religion also tend to jump to conclusions. Sort of goes hand in hand, I've noticed.

It's even more difficult when reading comprehension gets in the way, as with "people who never voted got loaded on buses and taken to the polls" being interpreted as "getting off the bus and not voting".

Duh. They never voted in the past, and were fed pizza and taken to the polls.

Folks who somewhat tend to be religious also tend to jump to conclusions. Sort of goes hand in hand, I've noticed.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 09-02-2010 at 07:36 AM..

Old 09-02-2010, 07:32 AM

171 posts, read 212,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Hmmmmmmmm....I thought Obama was going to put all his time into the Gulf clean-up and the economy. Well, at least when not on vacation.

Silly that more than 1.5 yrs. later he still hasn't found that birth certificate. I'm quite certain it has not been plastered to his forehead either. Nothing like shifting the conversation off the summer of non-recovery back to citzenship by Barry himself. It is always all about HIM.

He doesn't need to show his BC.. who the heck are you??? Find something important to talk about...than this petty BC he's the president already!!!! Believe me with all the ignorance and hate towards him, if his BC was able to truely get him out of the office - you haters would have gotten it already!! ya think!!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 AM

171 posts, read 212,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He could put an end to all of this by simply providing a vault copy of his bc. One signed by the doctor and list the hosp he was born

Not sure why he doesnt. I would but thats just me.

Personally I think every single person running to be president should have to provide a copy signed by the doc and list the hosp.I also think they should have to provide their credit report, you name it all of it.

So when since when u feel this needed to be provided - since Obama came into office.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:43 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He could put an end to all of this by simply providing a vault copy of his bc. One signed by the doctor and list the hosp he was born

Not sure why he doesnt. I would but thats just me.

Personally I think every single person running to be president should have to provide a copy signed by the doc and list the hosp.I also think they should have to provide their credit report, you name it all of it.
Well, I guess I couldn't run for president then; I don't have such a copy. My husband does though! Depends on what state you were born in and when you got your BC copy.

Your little proposal would elliminate probably 75% or more of all US citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies