Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 04:22 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,374,781 times

Advertisements

There salt substitutes as well.

That is until there's a government edict on it, too. I hope not, I've adjusted to potassium and don't use salt on my food anymore. There's enough prepared with it anyway.

Where the h*ll is moderation?

(And no, not the moderators)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 04:23 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,632,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Did you read all of her remarks? She was speaking to the National Restaurant Association and asking them to provide information on their menus, smaller portions and healthy options. Ohhhhh! The Horror!!!!!!
Hello. They do that already. Wendy's and Chic-Fil-A are 2 fast food joints that already allow side dish options.

Michele does not need to limit menu options. I would love to see a law from Congress demanding all salt be eliminated from the White House dining room, and from all state dinners entertaining international guests.

Let the "rulers" lead by mandatory example.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:26 PM

38,026 posts, read 22,203,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Did Nancy Reagan have any educational background on drugs or drug abuse when she came with her "Just Say No" campaign?

If fact did Nancy Reagan, Laura Bush or Barbara Bush have anywhere near Michelle Obama's educational background?
Asking children not to take drugs is common sense, it is not rocket science.

If Michelle wants to ask our kids to stay in school, and try to do their best in school and study, I'd be fine with that. But instead, she told young women to not go to college like she did, or to try annd earn a degree, she told them to go into nursing or community volunteer work.

Last edited by Wapasha; 09-14-2010 at 04:42 PM..

Old 09-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Hahahaha! Cliche Day again, already?
Taken in the spirit it was given.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
There salt substitutes as well.

That is until there's a government edict on it, too. I hope not, I've adjusted to potassium and don't use salt on my food anymore. There's enough prepared with it anyway.

Where the h*ll is moderation?

(And no, not the moderators)
I do a lot of the cooking in my house, and I'm really bad about not adding salt to the food I make. My wife is always commenting "needs salt". In my youth i used to put salt on everything, not sure when I changed away from that habit.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:37 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,818,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I would love to see a law from Congress demanding all salt be eliminated from the White House dining room, and from all state dinners entertaining international guests.
Great idea! Let them practice what they preach.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,576,981 times
Is there a Salt Czar yet to monitor this pressing issue in America ?

Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,818,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Is there a Salt Czar yet to monitor this pressing issue in America ?
That would be the Salt Sultan

Old 09-14-2010, 04:45 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,965,265 times
Did it ever occur to those demanding such things as this that you could start your own restaurant or even invest in one who is starting one with all the requirements you wish? Did you ever consider such by encouraging and investing in manufactures and companies that will serve this sort of demand?

I mean really, why is your solutions always "I don't like this, it should be banned".

Well, here is my response....

I don't like you and you should be banned. If I get enough people to agree, can we send you packing out of the country?

Whats that? Your constitutional rights? Well, if you are going to disregard mine, I am SURE AS HELL going to disregard yours.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
I believe Michelle Obama's focus is on health, is it not?
Isn't salt a big problem for many people? It increases blood pressure and heart problems?

Sodium: How to tame your salt habit now - MayoClinic.com

Thrifty Living - Salt: Too Much of a Good Thing
How much sodium is too much?

Health experts recommend 1,100 - 3,300 mg of sodium per day for healthy adults. Most people eat 2,300 to 6,900 mg per day. This is too much sodium. Some people are salt/sodium sensitive. African Americans, Hispanics, and obese individuals are especially sensitive to salt.

We're eating too much salt - for health's sake it's got to stop - Editorials - The Olympian - Olympia, Washington (http://www.theolympian.com/2010/08/12/1333615/were-eating-too-much-salt-for.html - broken link)

I wonder if some of you stopped reading because Laura Bush supported libraries and reading programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies