Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 02:34 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,816,273 times

Advertisements

If the government can't afford people eating salt it should get out of the health care business.

BTW, why is it only liberals support her waging a war on salt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 02:37 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,463,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Laura Bush happen to have credentials as being a Teacher and a Librarian.........don't believe Michelle has a dietitian license.

Maybe she should start at home first and then we MIGHT be convinced .. it's okay to smoke cigarettes, but put your salt away.
I don't think many people are aware of the fact that liberals and progressives are the most gigantic hypocrits to EVER walk the Earth. They ALWAYS want the serfs to do one thing while they do the exact opposite. Just like Al Gore buying a 9 million dollar mansion on the beach, but warns everyone that the coasts are going to be underwater in a few years. I cannot understand for the life of me how anyone believes these types of people when we ALL know that actions speak louder than words.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:38 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,463,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
If the government can't afford people eating salt it should get out of the health care business.

BTW, why is it only liberals support her waging a war on salt?
They are support the salt war while they have a giant salt grinder in their hands spreading salt over their tofu.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:44 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,415 times
Who said it was "only liberals?" Have you conducted a poll? Furthermore, no one said that liberals don't eat salt just because they support this. I personally like salt but try not to go overboard with it. I do sprinlke salt on my food when I feel the need. I am sure that many non-liberals have no issue with this. It is just that some people have issues with any and everything that the POTUS and FLOTUS do. If you had a check list for them and they did everything you wanted, you would still find an issue. It's called being petty.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:44 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,957 times
If she really wanted to advance her anti-salt and anti-obesity agenda she should push for not allowing people to buy junk food with food stamps. Whenever I see someone swipe a SNAP card they have tons of junk in their cart. Normally I think government should stay out of peoples lives. However if someone accepts a handout from the government, the government should be able to set whatever terms they please.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Hint.....

Pay attention to the news, read a paper.

What they did was laughable.

Actually their actions were as childish and juvenile as what the teen did.

Our government has become a gang narcissistic quick reactionary fools. But hey, that's what's leading it now, so what does anyone really expect?
Took that seriously, didn't you?

I just got back here and found a DM from another one of you. The story has spread into an even MORE ridiculous lie, and that person was pompously informing me of it as if it were true.

Look... I can't help you, no one can help you, if you're not the sort of person who is interested in the truth. You're going to bumble around just like ^this forever, believing the dumbest, most outlandish things because you want them to be true. All I can say is, look up the story at other sources, reputable sources... someplace other than the garbage bin where you evidently get your "news."

Old 09-14-2010, 02:50 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,801,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Oh I see just another bash Michelle thread.....enjoy.
I rather doubt your assertion that this thread is an assault on Madame Obama, but more closely inclined to pointing out that somehow or other,
a few greater priorities are being given a back-seat to issues that should be left in the "personal choice" category of her subjects. These days, we see
America coming apart at it's seams and all too many of us have come to understand that this new and divided populous has left an open window for those
enlightened dullards such as she, people who have gained a platform, if not a higher soapbox from where they espouse whatever misguided program it is,
that they strive to be known for after they vanish into antiquity (as they all do). I remember Nancy Reagan and her "just say no" campaign against drugs.
I really believe that most of her subjects, more likely interpreted her statement as, "Just say GO" and in turn, they went for the drugs like never before.

Besides, Michelle Obama is doing quite well when it comes to making a fool of herself , so why in the world would you see her as needing any help
from the likes of common folk like us?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:52 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,816,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Who said it was "only liberals?" Have you conducted a poll? Furthermore, no one said that liberals don't eat salt just because they support this. I personally like salt but try not to go overboard with it. I do sprinlke salt on my food when I feel the need. I am sure that many non-liberals have no issue with this. It is just that some people have issues with any and everything that the POTUS and FLOTUS do. If you had a check list for them and they did everything you wanted, you would still find an issue. It's called being petty.
I wasn't not taking about consumption of salt in general.
I was asking about the support of her telling us how much salt we should eat.
Is she a doctor?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Laura Bush happen to have credentials as being a Teacher and a Librarian.........don't believe Michelle has a dietitian license.

Maybe she should start at home first and then we MIGHT be convinced .. it's okay to smoke cigarettes, but put your salt away.
Now, that's what I'd like to see - A hotdog eating contest between Obama and all the living previous presidents.

Or, at least - Obama vs Clinton vs Dubya.

Who ever eats the most in an eight hour period wins a Nobel Prize.

Contest of the Century!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:55 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I wasn't not taking about consumption of salt in general.
I was asking about the support of her telling us how much salt we should eat.
Is she a doctor?
Are you a doctor? What makes you think that no research was done? Eat as much salt as you want. No one is stopping you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies