Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,302,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Gee, that's funny! My first impression of this thread actually led me to believe that it was salt that was the issue. I believed that by the time it became my turn to type,
that, some of the rest of you might've seen (or passed on), the salt and moved on to the real issues. Michelle's husband Barak made a campaign promise. Among all of the things
that he promised to affect was the marijuana issue, perhaps to loosen the choke-hold on our progressive society and give us a bit of leeway or slack, a measure of relief in areas
or issues that seem to some of us, to be more pressing, if not ominous. Well, like all political candidates, Barry's promises were just another gambit meant to garner the vote of
some 40 million, American pot smokers, to win their confidence and thus win his own position as prez.

Let me assure those of you who have not seen through this ploy, Chelle's new war on salt, is simply another diversionary tactic of our current administration that is made
to deflect our attention from real, grass-roots issues like the economy, to doing those things that they supposed that we'd do, bickering over the salt content, in the food on our
empty tables. The sooner that you arrive at the stark reality that as long as they can continue to present a barrage of subterfuge, a smoke-and-mirror show, the more that they
can (and will), continue to keep our eyes and minds off of the issues that matter. When the day comes that we Americans are leading Michelle to the political guillotine, she wants
to go down in the history books as saying,: "Let them eat salt-free cake".
What are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 11:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Took that seriously, didn't you?

I just got back here and found a DM from another one of you. The story has spread into an even MORE ridiculous lie, and that person was pompously informing me of it as if it were true.

Look... I can't help you, no one can help you, if you're not the sort of person who is interested in the truth. You're going to bumble around just like ^this forever, believing the dumbest, most outlandish things because you want them to be true. All I can say is, look up the story at other sources, reputable sources... someplace other than the garbage bin where you evidently get your "news."
Would HuffPo be a reliable source? Barack says he gets a lot of his news there.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You're just making that up, aren't you Roy.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:29 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,707,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You're just making that up, aren't you Roy.
Actually, the WH feeds a lot of their "news" to HuffPo.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:18 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,961,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
No one is taking away your rights.

No one is dictating what you eat.

Read the damn speech!
Incorrect, the speech she gave may not make such demands, but there are groups currently lobbying such extensive regulations. Be it sugar, salt, fast foods, etc...

It is not unreasonable for people to think something is amiss with her statements considering she is the first lady to an extreme leftist president and party. A party to which has purposed legislation in the past along such extremes and a president who has pushed for taxing Soda and other things due to the "sugar" content.

To claim this is something about nothing is simply spin.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,632,377 times
She needs to start (and stay) in her own home with this garbage.

I will eat what I want to eat. And if I am fat, then that is MY choice. This is America, not a dictatorship. Well, not yet anyway.

Meanwhile, I can't count on one hand, all the pics in the last year, of her own husband, stuffing his face with grease-dripping burgers, ice cream, fat-laden hot dogs....etc.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:55 AM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Hello. They do that already. Wendy's and Chic-Fil-A are 2 fast food joints that already allow side dish options.

Michele does not need to limit menu options. I would love to see a law from Congress demanding all salt be eliminated from the White House dining room, and from all state dinners entertaining international guests.

Let the "rulers" lead by mandatory example.
Maybe one on the US senator or congress men from New York will submit one.

New York Considers Legislation to Ban Salt in Restaurants

Old 09-15-2010, 08:25 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Why does everyone keep going on and on and on about Michelle supposedly wanting to regulate salt?

Did ANYONE read her speech?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Beuler?

Anyone?

I've posted a link to it two times in this thread already, so there's really no excuse.

Here is EVERY SINGLE REFERENCE TO SALT in the ENTIRE speech:
"After all, we as humans, we are programmed to crave sugary, fatty, salty foods. And as people who work to meet those needs, I know it’s tempting to respond by creating products that are sweeter, richer and saltier than ever before."

. . .

"That’s why I want to challenge every restaurant to offer healthy menu options and then provide them up front so that parents don’t have to hunt around and read the small print to find an appropriately sized portion that doesn’t contain levels -- high levels of fat, salt and sugar."

. . .

"As part of “Let’s Move,” we’re setting a goal of doubling the number of schools that participate in the Healthier US Schools Challenge by next year. And we’re working with schools and food suppliers to offer more fruits and vegetables and to cut down on that fat, sugar and salt."
That's IT.

She mentioned salt only 4 times, and every time in conjunction with fat and sugar. How on earth did salt become the focus of this supposed "nanny state restriction"????

Could it be we have a bunch of lazy people who can't be arsed to read a link for yourselves, but rely on bloggers to read and misinterpret it for you? And then you turn into the Energizer Bunny of Lie Spreading and keep going and going and going and going with the absurd misrepresentation!

It's really quite stunning. Talk about sheep!
I'd rep you again if I could.

Not only was her speech in no way a call for laws or regulations, it was a speech to the National Restaurant Association. Given her focus on health and childhood obesity, it was completely timely, appropriate and in no way a threat to anyone's liberty or independence.

The comments on here are mind-boggling.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:28 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post

I will eat what I want to eat. And if I am fat, then that is MY choice. This is America, not a dictatorship. Well, not yet anyway.

Meanwhile, I can't count on one hand, all the pics in the last year, of her own husband, stuffing his face with grease-dripping burgers, ice cream, fat-laden hot dogs....etc.
You're right about all of that. And when you're rushed to the hospital with chest pains I hope you can pay for it all on your own and don't ask your tax-paying fellow citizens to pick up the tab for your fat, salt-eating self.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:32 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,302,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post

Where has anyone, especially Ms. Obama, said that you cannot do as you wish?

You are making the assertion that she stated this somewhere.
Can you link to it, because I certainly didn't read what you seem to have read.

Or is this simply false umbrage; you know, much ado about nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies