Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:20 PM

114 posts, read 127,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You mean like the back of the bus??
Huh, why does everything have to be racialized. I'm tired of people bringing this up...

Old 09-17-2010, 09:22 PM

22,231 posts, read 19,539,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
Huh, why does everything have to be racialized. I'm tired of people bringing this up...
Well you brought up the 50's.......

Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Well you brought up the 50's.......
Stop infusing my comment with your out of control liberal bias.

People had a lot stronger moral principles in the 1950s. That's all.

People with deviant lifestyles were shunned. The way we should still live today, IMO. I am gld that I have a channel like Fox News with godly people who believe the same as I do.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:49 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,729,462 times
Quote:
I have heard stories about his escapades in Third World countries but didn't know if it was true. I now believe it to be true.
lol... Based on what? An anonymous rant on an internet forum?

Quote:
The moral fabric of the country is being torn to shreds by the liberal media and its followers. I wish we were back to the way we were in the 1950s. Everyone knew their place and had some sort of decency.
That's what social conservatives were saying in the 1960s. It's interesting that they're still longing for the 1950s. I think it's probably healthier to accept that time marches on, and things change.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:51 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,573,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Left Wing Gay "Anderson Cooper " from CNN last evening interviewed Carl Palandino the GOP candidate. He continuously focused on trivial gossip deliberately trying to demean Mr Palandino's Character.

However, the Left Wing Gay Mr Cooper never will dig up any crap on Democrats like Obama, Cumo, Barny Frank or Dodd.

How disgusting CNN is for its lack of objectivity.

Anderson Cooper should stick to his Banging Bath House Gay Orgies and keep his filthy remarks to his lovers.
A most disrespectful and childish post. If you want to have a serious adult debate, then you must post in a more mature fashion....your post is like something one hears in a school yard or reads on a bathroom stall...GROW UP.

And as far as demeaning someone's character.....isn't that exactly what your thread and post are trying to accomplish on Cooper????? If Andy is gay....he'll eventually "come out", as I too admit I have heard plenty of rumors, since I'm gay myself..

Old 09-17-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
People had a lot stronger moral principles in the 1950s. That's all.

People with deviant lifestyles were shunned. The way we should still live today, IMO. I am gld that I have a channel like Fox News with godly people who believe the same as I do.
In the 1950s, blacks couldn't vote or sit in the same restaurants with whites, women had very few career options, Jews were legally barred from living in certain areas, and homosexuals were put in jail.

Unless you were a straight white male Protestant, the 1950s were not a good time. Is that really the world you would want for today's America?

Old 09-17-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol... Based on what? An anonymous rant on an internet forum?
I have no reason to believe that Comet is being dishonest. We clearly are cut from the same moral cloth. I have heard stories, but the way that Comet describes it just really struck a nerve with me, you know?

Quote:
That's what social conservatives were saying in the 1960s. It's interesting that they're still longing for the 1950s. I think it's probably healthier to accept that time marches on, and things change.
Things are not changing for the better. We need to go back to the way it was.

Quote:
In the 1950s, blacks couldn't vote or sit in the same restaurants with whites, women had very few career options, Jews were legally barred from living in certain areas, and homosexuals were put in jail.

Unless you were a straight white male Protestant, the 1950s were not a good time. Is that really the world you would want for today's America?
There are certain aspects of life in the 50s I wish we could go back to. Mainly when we had a sense of morality.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-17-2010 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: Deleted inappropriate comment

Old 09-17-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
There are certain aspects of life in the 50s I wish we could go back to. Mainly when we had a sense of morality and not a man who has group sex with other men shoving crap down all of our throats nightly.
No one's forcing you to watch Anderson Cooper.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:08 PM

18,438 posts, read 19,092,083 times
Quote:

or have fantasies about what he may do sexually

Old 09-17-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I watch him to see if anything has changed with his reporting style. I trust that our networks should provide us anchors without bias.

So far FOX News has let me down the least. They are really objective and tell it like it is despite what the Radical Leftist East Coast Elite Prep School Ivy League educated snobby media would have us believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies