Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:44 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Well that is a start. Which do you believe in, Science or the Bible? When one contradicts the other, which do you side with?

For example:
do you believe in talking snakes?
plants before the sun?
Noah's menagerie?
Jacob's genetic manipulation using striped branches?
Joshua stopping the sun?
Hebrews able to multiply from 70 to 3 million in 215 years,
requiring each woman to have about 66 children each?
Unicorns, Dragons, or fiery serpents?
Surviving in a whale for three days?
etc............................................... ..

Well being fruifull and multiplying from 20 to 3 million in only 215 years was more than matched by a boatload of Englishmen who set foot in Jamestown in 1609 by 1824 there were only 15 million Americans in a nation that stretched to the Rockies and had its first permanant outposts on the Pacific Ocean. Yes this wasn't due to prodigious sex but an even greater miracle getting non-British Europeans, Africans and even Asians to learn the english language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
No, that's the most stupid question one could concoct. Why do conservatives make up ridiculous claims about liberals and then ask these kinds of questions? I mean, it's like "When did you stop beating your wife?" or "Why do you love higher taxes?".
Considering the moronic question of this thread you're clearly showing your bias. You have the gall to accuse conservatives of making ridiculous claims in this thread? That's rich (and not the rich you profess to hate so much).

Old 10-13-2010, 11:26 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
This forum just keeps proving me correct again and again. Someone just said evolution was a fairy tale yet believes gawd created the world. Christianity And Islam both repress people and freedom. True Christians aren't as bad as Muslims but they basically have the same core values.

Religion is a mental illnesses. It gets proven time and time again.
I too believe(d) in evolution. So I went down the evolution trail...I found a hole.

A Draft Sequence of the Neandertal Genome -- Green et al. 328 (5979): 710 -- Science

See if you can find that hole, too. I may have to retract a recent post. As for as religion as a mental illness, my response to that, will keep for now.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:07 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,626,711 times
"Repubs: why are you so opposed to sharia law?"

So are you saying Dems approve of it?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:48 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
"Repubs: why are you so opposed to sharia law?"

So are you saying Dems approve of it?
It would seem logical to conclude so from the OP's question, wouldn't it?

Old 10-14-2010, 05:22 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
You wanna see intolerance? See what happens when we say homosexuality is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah because art and literature is so essential to the survival of a country.
Yeah they isn't really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies