Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:01 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
sounds like it's right up your alley-

Think about it: everybody is forced to think the exact same way and worship the same god. If you say anything blasphemous, or do anything that the "mob rule" disagrees with, you are judged without a trial and sentenced by physical mutilation and/or dismemberment in public to "send a message" or a "teach a lesson" to anyone who may be considering similar behavior. And in the very best of outcomes, STONING TO DEATH!. Oh, think of the fun!
Judging from the sarcasm in your opening statement, you don't really want an answer do you? You simply came here to troll to make a thread that cheezed people off enough to start arguing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If you dont support it, then you oppose it, which makes the whole thread just ridiculous especially your "interesting point" comment ridiculing others for opposing something that you oppose yourself..

TROLL POSTING..

Thread dead!!
FYI, my first post on this thread was satire.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:07 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Judging from the sarcasm in your opening statement, you don't really want an answer do you? You simply came here to troll to make a thread that cheezed people off enough to start arguing.
fair enough.
see my most recent post (on page 2 of the thread):

Quote:
ok ok, let me reign this thread in. Unfortunately, my thinly veiled sarcasm is being misinterpreted as 'trolling'. I assure you, it's not. Ok- maybe you what republicans want isn't as extreme as sharia law, but it's surely a step in that direction. Think about it:

- You love the death penalty
- You support outlawing behavior that goes against your holy book (sodomy, gay marriage)
- You support violating constitutional rights without trial (PATRIOT act, Guantanamo, KSM trial)
- You support violating private property rights on the basis of religious belief (ground zero islamic cultural center)
- You support state-sponsored religion (prayer in schools, 10 commandments in courts, nativity scenes on municipal property)

anybody have any others?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Would our more left wing friends support the imposition of a communist regime on the United States? A nation where everyone is gray and the worship of any deity is punishable by exile to a labor camp in Northern Alaska.

How about making suppositions that actually have some basis in fact.
Is your point that unless we worship your god, we will fall prey to either Sharia law or communism?

Is that the only choice you are able to see?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
ok ok, let me reign this thread in. Unfortunately, my thinly veiled sarcasm is being misinterpreted as 'trolling'. I assure you, it's not. Ok- maybe you what republicans want isn't as extreme as sharia law, but it's surely a step in that direction. Think about it:

- You support outlawing behavior that goes against your holy book (sodomy, gay marriage)
- You support violating constitutional rights without trial (PATRIOT act, Guantanamo, KSM trial)
- You support violating private property rights on the basis of religious belief (ground zero islamic cultural center)
- You support state-sponsored religion (prayer in schools, 10 commandments in courts, nativity scenes on municipal property)

anybody have any others?
They want to preserve the observance of religious holidays such as Christmas in public schools,, etc... Schools and public offices are closed on Christmas.
(Yet will not allow other faiths the same privilege.)

Old 10-13-2010, 10:15 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
A better question to ask our more right-wing friends (I don't use the word "conservative" on purpose) whether or not they'd support the imposition of Christian or Biblical laws on the United States.

I dare say you'd get a more positive response, even though the outcome would be exactly the same as if it were Sharia.

By "Christain Laws" do you mean "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" or "Love your neighbor as yourself"?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,845,041 times
[quote=jy_2007;16244869]

Quote:
About as much as liberals "love" abortion.

Quote:
Sodomy laws have been in the books for hundreds of years in this country. No one seems to care that these laws are not being enforced. As far as gay marriage goes: IMO, there is no such thing.

Quote:
I support not giving foreigners American rights if that's what you mean.

Quote:
No one has said a single word about not allowing this!

Quote:
Where on Earth did you get the idea that Christianity was state sponsored?

Old 10-13-2010, 10:21 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
sounds like it's right up your alley-

Think about it: everybody is forced to think the exact same way and worship the same god. If you say anything blasphemous, or do anything that the "mob rule" disagrees with, you are judged without a trial and sentenced by physical mutilation and/or dismemberment in public to "send a message" or a "teach a lesson" to anyone who may be considering similar behavior. And in the very best of outcomes, STONING TO DEATH!. Oh, think of the fun!
You wanna see intolerance? See what happens when we say homosexuality is wrong.

Honestly...these strawman arguments are just idiotic.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:23 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Would our more left wing friends support the imposition of a communist regime on the United States?
I can't think of any political group that would be more opposed to a "communist regime" than liberals. Personally, I would think that it would be roughly the same as living under a Republican one party state.

It would be the death nail of art, literature, and free expression.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:25 AM

They want only "Creation" taught in public schools.

They also want to abolish any science that might be in direct conflict of their "Holy Book."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies