Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 12:14 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The only way to fix the schools is to take babies away from unfit mothers. But the liberals don't even want to talk about that.
Bwahahahahahaha.

Conservatives can't even agree on a standard for deciding who's unfit to own guns, let alone who's unfit to be a parent.

Please do enlighten me on how you'd accomplish this. Oh, and don't forget to tell me what you'll do with the children once you've taken them.

This ought to be good.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:30 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Oh and who would provide the funding for this ability grouped classes ?
Same funding as is currently used. Just configure the same number of classes MUCH more effectively so students can actually LEARN instead of being dragged down by a dumbed-down curriculum.

We used to educate students that way before liberals insisted it wasn't "fair" that some students are smarter than others. That was back when the U.S. public school system was good.

This will shed more light on the problem, particularly the subsections entitled: The Incubus of the Sixties and The Shock of College-Level Demands.
The Other Crisis in American Education - The Atlantic

Old 05-25-2014, 12:33 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:
Oh and who would provide the funding for this ability grouped classes ?
Under the charter schools system it would be the school who would use a potion of the funds from the funds from vouchers.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
So you think that MORE corporations are the answer?
Which are more cost-effective and yield better results, regardless of sector or field: Government bureaucracies? Or private industry?
Quote:
And here I thought it was teachers' unions that are destroying our schools.
They are a HUGE part of the problem. Bad teachers are protected by the unions. Exorbitant teacher salaries plus benefits are demanded by the unions, regardless of how awful a teacher might be.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Oh, I've got this one. I learned it from you and every other conservative on this forum.

Answer:

Then they shouldn't have had children they couldn't afford, should sell their iPhones, big screen TVs and Cadillac Escalades, should have made better choices, should have founded Facebook, should have gotten a better education, and should have hitchhiked to North Dakota to live in a tent and drill for oil.

Have I missed anything?

Really, do you cons think the rest of us haven't noticed you astonishing, deep, jaw-dropping hypocrisy? If you believe that poor people and children deserve to have welfare taken away from them, then you also believe that they deserve an inferior education. It's as simple as that.

Someone upthread -- I believe it was in fact our 19-year-old resident expert on the Constitution, society, politics, theology and every other subject known to man, dear Gunlover -- said that the private sector has improved everything it tries.

That's true. It improves things for the shareholders.

That's capitalism's job. It is not and never has been capitalism's job to improve people's lives through providing education, roads, law enforcement or any other social necessity.

You only have to look at our health care situation, both before and after Obamacare, for proof. People died because insurers were solely responsible for the bottom line. Now, perhaps, they won't, but as you cons have stated over and over, Obamacare is still reliant upon private industry and it's STILL not going to fix what's wrong with our health care access.

I've seen private industry destroy every government function it touches, from prisons to parks and recreation. And of course all of you cons know exactly why. Should I repeat it just in case you're still pretending you don't know? Profits over people. And you all know it, which is exactly why you try so desperately to hand over Americans' lives to your corporate masters.

The only people who believe, or pretend to believe, that you give a tinker's damn about education are yourselves. Everyone else knows you simply want to sell out our children to the biggest corporation so you can rake in record profits.

I know this thread has gone on for page after page, and will go on long after this post, with you capitalist robber barons still pretending you care. It doesn't matter. America knows better, and much smarter Americans than us knew better back when the public education system was established in the first place.

I and all other honest people of goodwill will continue to fight to improve our schools and keep profiteers out of them. You folks can keep cutting and pasting talking points from your corporate masters. Thankfully, I don't believe you'll ever succeed.
Well I am 23, so please read my post with care, I worry about you.....

You only high light the few successes and hide the countless failures...its OK

So you and people like you will fight to force kids in failing schools, and stand in the walk of them getting a great education to keep special interest happy? Bull Conner would be happy.

Have fun with your straw man and personal attacks...Fewer and Fewer people are listing to your lies.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I agree but conservatives can hardly blame the left for this failure:

The legislation was proposed by President George W. Bush on January 23, 2001. It was coauthored by Representatives John Boehner (R-OH), George Miller (D-CA), and Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Judd Gregg (R-NH).

No Child Left Behind Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bush and Sons are Neo Cons, IE Neo Statist, when will you learn this?

I opposes every thing about it, it a waste of funds and a moronic premise..

Old 05-25-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So you and people like you will fight to force kids in failing schools,
Liberals are actually THRILLED that 2/3 of U.S. public school students are functioning below grade-level. They want as many as possible to grow up to be dumb and therefore poor, thus guaranteeing a huge Democrat voter base.

The under-educated and low-income both overwhelmingly vote Democrat (about 63% for each group). An adequately educated populace spells disaster for Democrats. They can't get enough votes to win elections without their dumbed-down and poor government handout-dependent voter base.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:08 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

The under-educated and low-income both overwhelmingly vote Democrat (about 63% for each group). An adequately educated populace spells disaster for Democrats. They can't get enough votes to win elections without their dumbed-down and poor government handout-dependent voter base.
Oh, please the Blue Wall is mostly composed of states with high incomes and high rates of college graduates as a percentage of population. Most of these states feature 10+% Democratic pluralities. That is because, in most cases, the Dems are doing well in the upper middle class suburbs. That is mainly due to a distaste in those regions for social conservatism (the stuff that appeals to the rural, undereducated, GOP base).

blue wall map - Bing Images

Old 05-25-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Oh, please the Blue Wall is mostly composed of states with high incomes and high rates of college graduates as a percentage of population.
Democrats CANNOT win elections without that 63/64% vote from the poor and under-educated. That's a fact.

Please understand that Democrats absolutely DEPEND on having a relatively significant under-educated and poor underclass, or they would be shut out of political power.

If you don't like the fact that Democrats HAVE to keep a certain percentage of the population dumb and poor to win elections, then DO something to change it.

Source: CNN

D vs. R votes by income levels:
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt...0vs%20Vote.png

(Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation.)

Old 05-25-2014, 01:24 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Democrats CANNOT win elections without that 63/64% vote from the poor and undereducated. That's a fact.

Please understand that Democrats absolutely DEPEND on having a relatively significant under-educated and poor underclass, or they would be shut out of political power.

If you don't like the fact that Democrats HAVE to keep a certain percentage of the population dumb and poor to win elections, then DO something to change it.

POTUS is decided via the EC. The Blue Wall, plus Va due to highly educated NOVA, plus NM start Dems around 260. If the under-educated vote in the Blue Wall (which exceeds US educational levels overall) dipped to 50/50, they would have about 260 to start. There are very few close states inside the 241 in the Blue since 1988 wall.

I'd agree in 51/49% states, your graph would matter. But outside of swing states (less than 20% of the nation) , we have few 51/49s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies