Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 02:02 PM

89,322 posts, read 45,051,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
In addition to this worship of all NOT public schoools, we have

Roman Catholic sex abuse cases by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shut down Georgetown University. It's a Catholic school.

At the very least, stop giving Georgetown students Pell Grants and other government-funded grants and scholarships.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,353,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How do private schools even exist? If what you purport were true, there would be none in existence. That clearly isn't true. Frankly, because they are so corrupt and ineffective, I'm thinking our country's public school system has to be destroyed, anyway. There simply is no way to turn the system around. It's already failing to adequately educate 2/3 of all students.
Parents pay. A lot.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:06 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,004,843 times
Quote:
Shut down Georgetown University. It's a Catholic school.

At the very least, stop giving Georgetown students Pell Grants and other government-funded grants and scholarships.
Stop the idiotic (or perp loving?) laughing. This is a serious issue in RCC grade schools, which comprise a disproportinate percentage of US private schools. One can be sure it remains a problem, as two bishops deeply involved in moving perps around were promoted by the RCC. One, Bernard Law, got a Vatican gig.

PS: This Fordham grad isn't laughing at this issue. Nor would I encourage others to send kids to RCC grade schools.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:20 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,755,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

They make a profit by charging enormous tuition, which isn't a problem for those who can afford it, that being a tiny percentage of the U.S. population. Perhaps those children don't concern you.

They also don't have to meet most government standards, which allows them to hire any fool off the street to "teach" for half the cost of a trained and qualified teacher.

Again, this is simple stuff. How it eludes you, I can't imagine.
But is OK for Harvard and Stanford to make a profit, right?

Furthermore their is a market for education it will sit the price which will be lower then government run schools do to the fact they have to make a profit and compete with each other..

Why should teachers be forced to compete?

Old 05-25-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Parents pay. A lot.
Private schools aren't all that expensive. Only the extremely elite are more costly than what the public schools spend per student.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Stop the idiotic (or perp loving?) laughing.
What laughing? WTH are you talking about? No one is laughing. It's a serious problem.

As I said, shut down Georgetown University. It's a Catholic school, the students of which receive Pell Grants and other government-funded grants and scholarships. Same goes for Boston, College, Notre Dame, etc.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
PS: This Fordham grad isn't laughing at this issue. Nor would I encourage others to send kids to RCC grade schools.
You went to a Catholic school and insist on denying poor kids the opportunity to do so if they and their families similarly choose? Why?

Old 05-25-2014, 02:31 PM

13,310 posts, read 7,891,440 times
Quote:
What laughing? WTH are you talking about? No one is laughing. It's a serious problem.

As I said, shut down Georgetown University. It's a Catholic school, the students of which receive Pell Grants and other government-funded grants and scholarships. Same goes for Boston, College, Notre Dame, etc.
I hate it when "private" means "Catholic".

It makes me think of nasty acts on little boys.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I hate it when "private" means "Catholic".

It makes me think of nasty acts on little boys.
Exactly. "Private" doesn't mean "Catholic." But liberals pull that straw man argument all the time. Oddly enough, religious people: Catholics and Jews, vote Democrat. So the "religious extreme right-wing" meme is a crock of sh*t, too. Only the ignorant fall for that.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:41 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,755,938 times
Quote:
Democrats CANNOT win elections without that 63/64% vote from the poor and under-educated. That's a fact.

Please understand that Democrats absolutely DEPEND on having a relatively significant under-educated and poor underclass, or they would be shut out of political power.

If you don't like the fact that Democrats HAVE to keep a certain percentage of the population dumb and poor to win elections, then DO something to change it.

Source: CNN

D vs. R votes by income levels:
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt...0vs%20Vote.png

(Note to moderators: all images appearing in this post have been linked via HTML text command in a legally permissible manner per the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Perfect 10 v. Amazon ruling, and as such do not constitute copyright violation.)
Great post....Just adds more proof to my case...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies