Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,363,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is incredible. Brennan tries and fails to pull his clueless butt out of the fire.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Top Obama Intelligence Official Did Not Know Of London Bomb Plot

"I'm sorry, I didn't"....know that is, about the London plot that was ALL over the news.

Look at the guy, signaling brennan, Help!, Help!
TOP obama Intelligence Official CLUELESS
I stopped reading here, the rest is redundant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 01:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
One would assume so incorrectly.

I've been in bureaucracies, even at the top of one, and I promise you I never knew what was going on any farther down than the next two levels. That was on purpose. To become involved in the day to day operations is micro-management and nobody should want that.

What you're expecting him to do, and holding him accountable for not doing so, is akin to expecting an Army theater Commander to know right off the cuff what each of his squads are doing.

An EFFECTIVE bureaucracy doesn't work that way.
Wrong...still. When we are talking about the nation's security against terrorism, here and around the world, to have the TOP intelligence official a clueless dunce is NOT normal, but it is very, very dangerous. This was not day-day trivialities, it was a MAJOR bomb plot/arrest.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:29 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Wrong...still. When we are talking about the nation's security against terrorism, here and around the world, to have the TOP intelligence official a clueless dunce is NOT normal, but it is very, very dangerous. This was not day-day trivialities, it was a MAJOR bomb plot/arrest.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. The whole point of an organization is to spread out the responsibility and whether the top boss knows some particular item isn't nearly as important as the one who has responsibility for a response knowing.

I'm not concerned that the head man didn't know. I WOULD be concerned if the person who SHOULD have known didn't.

I think y'all are just looking for excuses to criticize. Had you found out he'd been down at field level dictating operations and responses, I suppose you would have criticized that too.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:

I think y'all are just looking for excuses to criticize.
Ya think??????
Really makes me wonder how some behave IRL.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
The bureaucracy in DC is too large to be effective. If nothing else the Sawyer interview has shown that this includes the bureaucratization of our intelligence agencies.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
One would assume so incorrectly.

I've been in bureaucracies, even at the top of one, and I promise you I never knew what was going on any farther down than the next two levels. That was on purpose. To become involved in the day to day operations is micro-management and nobody should want that.

What you're expecting him to do, and holding him accountable for not doing so, is akin to expecting an Army theater Commander to know right off the cuff what each of his squads are doing.

An EFFECTIVE bureaucracy doesn't work that way.
When the top man doesn't know about something like that and you of the left tend to issue passes for that kind of lack of knowledge of something like that one it tells me too much about some of the left and the passes they issue.

I'll bet that even Joe Biden knew about that one by that time.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I would prefer that people defend based on the topic and not deflect to "well Bush did it" which serves no purpose.

I'm no fan of Bush and no fan of Obama so I got no horse in this game.
But Bush is gone for 2 years now. Truly he can't still be directing the administration ?
So right you are. 2 years gone, but still the attmpts there, to bash and blame, will this game never cease to end. 4 years into Obama's presidency, they will still be bashing Bush, very convenient, they have become so good at it.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:48 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,562 times
Quote:
So....you're "comfortable" with the TOP US INTELLIGENCE OFFICIAL being utterly clueless about a huge bomb plot and arrests?

The WH NOW admits he wasn't briefed.

After Early Administration Denials, Director of National Intelligence Admits He Hadn

So they initially came out LYING (so much for your "honesty" meme) and then decided it would be better to admit the guy was kept in the dark.
Where were Bush Jr and Cheney when 9/11 was being plotted? What did they know?

You feel good about that?

Old 12-22-2010, 05:06 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Default Brennan pleads to be replaced.....

"I've been in bureaucracies, even at the top of one, and I promise you I never knew what was going on any farther down than the next two levels. That was on purpose. To become involved in the day to day operations is micro-management and nobody should want that."

When the media or Feds are involved in a company's business I guarantee you, the CEO had better know it. Especially so he doesn't get caught flatfooted by the media with whom he had a scheduled interview. Heads would roll in a corporation. In fact the CEO's head would roll... to take a page out of the Islamic terrorist, 'how to treat your prisoners handbook'.

Our enemies have to know, now is the time to strike, with such celebrated incompetence as arranged by Obama inability to judge prospective administrators.

Brennan and Napolitano what a pair, throw in 'lap dog' Holder and you have three of a kind, but still a losing hand.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
I have to go with the conservative side on this one. Brennan should have known. There is a poll on NPR that shows that 67% of their listeners agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies