Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 10:58 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,363,224 times

Advertisements

I'm sure Barry will shoot for a law or sign one of his many executive orders that will force these docs to continue to practice or get thrown in the bottom of a dungeon. Probably closer to the truth is a physician’s czar.
Obamacare ROCKS! (If your already use to substandard living.)

and before any of you Obamacare experts speak up, remember, congress doesn't even know whats in the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 11:00 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
I'm sure Barry will shoot for a law or sign one of his many executive orders that will force these docs to continue to practice or get thrown in the bottom of a dungeon. Probably closer to the truth is a physician’s czar.
The first step I see is forcing doctors to accept insurance by law. A doctor close to our area refuses all insurance and actually keeps office visit prices down and personal service high by not having large amounts of staff to fight the red tape.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Look at the positive side:
we'll have highly educated people working the drive-thru window at MacDonalds and as greeters at Walmart!
Not really. They'll have pretty lucrative fields as board members and employees of companies that deal with medical supplies and shipping them to richer Brazilian, Chinese and Japanese folks. Ain't gonna be any doctors working at Wal-Mart, guarantee you that.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Makes a good case for nationalizing Health Care.
not much good in nationalizing something if doctors are leaving and austerity measures force the government to contract pay. They'll leave the practice anyway.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,178,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And do what..take a job at Walmart?

Shocking at how many people don't recognize hyperbole when they see it.
Some people need to wake up there is more than just the USA.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Some people need to wake up there is more than just the USA.
Yup, doctors can work offshore for medical tourism. Lower regulations, higher net pay, and they can probably avoid having to pay their student debt if they move permanently out of the country.

Government is AWESOME!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post

and before any of you Obamacare experts speak up, remember, congress doesn't even know whats in the bill.
It's the Law, not a bill. All members of Congress know what's in the Law, including the new ones coming in. If you think otherwise, you are quite wrong.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:12 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Never happen. If you honestly believe that nearly half of the doctors practicing today would give up their careers and all the money and perks that goes with it you are not being realistic. Some may not like the idea and even be vocal about it but give up their high paying jobs over it, yeah right.
Casper
Casper, I attended an appointment with my hear people the other day and the regular doctor didn't show up because he had a couple of stents put in his heart arteries last week and a PA with 27 years working for the group came, instead. She told me that she can retire in 3 years and surely will if the market doesn't do another melt down. She indicated that just what JimMe says is her main reason for wanting to retire. She just doesn't want to fight the crap.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:16 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am sure Doctors will take their ball and stomp off home. To be sure, many Docs feel they will lose out on some money as a result of the HC Law. They have certainly been told that by some people. Some may be so anti-Obama, they may well quit. Particularly if they don't need the money, and want to be looked at as martyrs by their adoring friends. But, the demand for Doctors will increase and the supply of them will follow suit.
Hey, bob, can you tell me who will be determining what amounts doctors can charge by three years from now when private insurance companies have been driven from the field? I wonder how much federal control there will be in three years when Obamacare goes into effect with little funding coming from the Congress.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:17 AM

888 posts, read 1,187,331 times
The great majority of industrialized nations have universal health care for their citizens.
So who's treating them, auto mechanics?
The idea that American doctors are going to give up their lucrative practices, is likely NOT gonna happen.

You betcha.....Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies