Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
And we wonder why these type of things happen? Well, perhaps we shouldn't wonder, as it seems to be so easy to revert to character.

Well that certainly is true. The left trying to blame the right before the facts are in. See the Discovery Channel tragedy.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
The killer is neither left nor right; he's just a psycho. I'm sure he doesn't even know what he is.
Right. He said he does not like the current government, which makes him sound like anti-left, and of course he shot a Democrat, but I think he would have made the same comment no matter which way the current government leans. It is also possible that the victim's party did not matter, because I think he just wanted to shoot someone who represented the government, no matter which party.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Would the truly insane actually have a left or right political belief? Quite simply, this should never have happened. Based on the limited information we have seen from his various youtube postings, he was barely coherent, rambled without point, and was, in my opinion, quite unstable.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
And we wonder why these type of things happen? Well, perhaps we shouldn't wonder, as it seems to be so easy to revert to character.
Yes, as you so conveniently choose selective quotes....do remember, it was the Left, on here and in the blogosphere who ALWAYS start in with the blame game. That was no different today - wasn't anyone on the right that started it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Only when the lefties try to paint him as a righty.

For myself, I think he's just insane. Neither left nor right. I doubt he even really knows what left and right are.
Yes, straight out of the box. But it looks like he was a lefty, based on his friends comments.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:16 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Every idiot who consistently posts on political message boards and blogs, or who consistently engages in political discourse, whose style of "debate" is nothing more than a bunch or partisan rhetoric shouting (a description that fits way too many people these days) is partially to blame for this.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:19 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Every idiot who consistently posts on political message boards and blogs, or who consistently engages in political discourse, whose style of "debate" is nothing more than a bunch or partisan rhetoric shouting (a description that fits way too many people these days) is partially to blame for this.
'merica, love or leave it pal.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:19 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Because they had met before, and he thought she was stupid.
What a classless statement. People died....there are limits to being a smart aleck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
So what credible source do you have that he was influenced by Palin?
Even the Sheriff of Pima County, in his grief, decries the state of our country where inflammatory, intolerant rhetoric is par for the political course. We have free speech, but there are still consequences for what we say and do. That intolerant attitude which permeates our country is certainly part of this tragedy.

People who are vulnerable and emotionally unstable will be attracted to those who "target" other public figures with comments like "take aim" "reload", and post graphics on their web sites with crosshairs over the districts of political adversaries. If Palin didn't believe that, her graphic would stand.

Our entire political system is tainted in this tragedy. So wrap yourself in the flag of the United States and pretend that none of this matters, that it's just one lone, insane individual who murdered and shot innocent people; just one individual who has sole responsibility. Pretend that what we say and do have absolutely no consequence in the lives of other people.

My comments about Palin go for any and every extremist. If it makes you feel safer, blame anyone you want.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
What a classless statement. People died....there are limits to being a smart aleck.
That is what the killer supposedly thought of her...

Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
You are correct and I reflect on my own complicity in this problem, I had thought better of myself and it is painful when I realize what I have contributed.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:23 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
This guy deserves nothing less than Dahmer got. This guy is scum. I would hope this would transcend politics, C-D is evidence that it doesn't and we're ****ed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies