Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 08:45 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
I still don't see evidence of him being left-leaning in the past year. (Guy's apparently been all over the place, and what he believed in 2008 does not necessarily apply now) The videos, on the other hand, are very recent and have a lot of Glen Beck rhetoric.
The shooter told us that we should buy gold?

Old 01-08-2011, 08:48 PM

89,056 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You forgot his favorite video at Youtube account;

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitu.../1/nHoaZaLbqB4

Setting the flag ablaze - definitely NOT a rightie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L1ls...layer_embedded

Sounds like a little anarchist.

Some favorite reads;

We The Living, The Communist Manifesto, Mein Kampf,
Exactly. The smear job some are trying to pull on this thread is disgusting.

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
You can't control yourself, can you? It is you and your type who are insisting on making this a partisan [note partisan, not political] issue. What is "leftest"?
You appearently didn't read the post I was responding to.

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Such as?
The guy was anti-religious - not a position most righties take.

He hated the Constitution - not a position most righties take.

Watching the burning the US Flag - one of his favorite videos.

Friends have said he was on the Left.

His favorite reads - Communist Manifesto, Karl Marx, Hitler.

Anti-Bush wars.

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Now that further evidence comes forward that he was on the left, the progressives on this thread will backpeddle and revert to their original statement:

"the left and right both have crazies"

That is, until they can find some other guy to paint as a scapegoat, praying that another Joe Stack comes forward to commit a violent act.
I realize you're pushing a political agenda, but the facts as they have emerged do not reveal a leftist. He was all over the place politically, but seemed to hold far conservative views and far liberal views.

I wish people like you would stop trying to ascribe him to "the other team", when in reality he seems to be a mentally unstable, often incoherent 22 year old kid who murdered a child and several adults.

Enough with the politics!

Old 01-08-2011, 08:50 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I realize you're pushing a political agenda, but the facts as they have emerged do not reveal a leftist. He was all over the place politically, but seemed to hold far conservative views and liberal views.

I wish people like you would stop trying to ascribe him to "the other team", when in reality he seems to be a mentally unstable, often incoherent 22 year old kid who murdered a child and several adults.

Actually agree and have noticed some of the MSM is alluding to the Palin/Angle thing as well; mind you, this is all without any proof. I find this disturbing as well.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I realize you're pushing a political agenda
Not really. I just came back from my fiancee's parents place 10 minutes ago and noticed some venomous statements linking this guy to the TP, Beck, Hannity, etc. Oh and the Palin target thingy. Thought I'd chime in...

Old 01-08-2011, 08:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
I realize you're pushing a political agenda, but the facts as they have emerged do not reveal a leftist. He was all over the place politically, but seemed to hold far conservative views and liberal views.

Tell that to the leftists in the blogosphere who are trying to place blame on political figures they hate.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:52 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Not really. I just came back from my fiancee's parents place 10 minutes ago and noticed some venomous statements linking this guy to the TP, Beck, Hannity, etc. Thought I'd chime in...
It's not helping. It's only forcing people to try to peg him as some partisan rather than a disturbed anarchist.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
It's not helping. It's only forcing people to try to peg him as some partisan rather than a disturbed anarchist.
Don't care if I'm helping. This isn't a kumbaya support group or a vigil. Just thought I'd play t1t for tat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies