Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 10:50 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,849,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The shooter told us that we should buy gold?
He did mention gold and silver standards in the video.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:54 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And what if it is? I don't know anything about the shooter yet, but I applaud that Sheriff's guts to say what he believes - and what so many Americans are already thinking. There has been mud-slinging on both sides, and if this IS what led to the shooting, I think we need to discuss how to end this two-party bickering and vitriol. It happens in both directions, so I'm not choosing sides... as I already said, I'm ashamed & scared by how divided this country is becoming.
But he is mudslinging, bickering, and filled with vitriol at the same time he is claiming to be against it. That sort of undercuts his credibility.

In fact, there's no evidence that any of this is related to anything Beck or Palin might have said. It's something that is just made up to score political points off the back of this tragedy.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:55 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
But does it matter? He killed people and making him right or left changes nothing.
Yes it does... I think the bickering on this forum alone should make it obvious how much this matters.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
But he is mudslinging, bickering, and filled with vitriol at the same time he is claiming to be against it. That sort of undercuts his credibility.
He didn't specifically blame either side, just the overall vitriol among current politics... you can read into it more deeply if you want, but I'm only taking his words as a warning against this right vs left mentality.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:58 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,635,920 times
The guy is obviously unhinged and I doubt anyone convinced him that he should go out and shoot the people that he did. I dont understand why people are trying to advance their agenda by trying to blame someone other than this unbalanced young man.
I don't think Sarah Palin has said anything more than this stupid sheriffs remarks. There is a lot of anger and unrest in the country because the American people have been sold out and our government will not or cannot do anything about the problems that we are encountering and we don't have a leader. That makes people angry and frustrated and I fear it will get worse. Am I saying that has caused this shooting today ? No. This fellow sounds like he in in the throes of schiziphrenia and should be treated as such....any reasonable person can read his writings and look at his background and see that.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:59 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Quote:
Yes it does... I think the bickering on this forum alone should make it obvious how much this matters.
No it does not matter if he is right or left. What matters is why he did it NOT which side of the fence he sits on. He is insane whether he is an insane lefty or an insane righty makes no difference. What is even worse we still have no clue why he did it. He could have freakin had a crush on her for all we know but everyone "thinks" they know. Ridiculous.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
No it does not matter if he is right or left. What matters is why he did it NOT which side of the fence he sits on. He is insane whether he is an insane lefty or an insane righty makes no difference. What is even worse we still have no clue why he did it. He could have freakin had a crush on her for all we know but everyone "thinks" they know. Ridiculous.
Again, I cannot speculate without more details... but if this DOES turn out to be politically motivated, I hope we can discuss how to END the fighting, rather than saying "See, I told you it was the right/left!"

Old 01-08-2011, 11:01 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
Quote:
He didn't specifically blame either side, just the overall vitriol among current politics... you can read into it more deeply if you want, but I'm only taking his words as a warning against this right vs left mentality.
I think the gunman was psychotic, and he pick her because he had met her before. He had a lot of the typical tin-foil theories that a truly mentally ill person has. I doubt it had anything to do with the vitriol, because he was more concerned with the government using mind control on us.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Quote:
Again, I cannot speculate without more details... but if this DOES turn out to be politically motivated, I hope we can discuss how to END the fighting, rather than saying "See, I told you it was the right/left!"

I agree 110%. We need to understand why he snapped not blame the other side. He was clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed and had issues.

I think it is sad to see so many who I did at one point have respect for on here lowering themselves to the levels they have. We know nothing and I will be damned if I will assume what was in this madman's mind. I don't even want to think I could ever understand him.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times
His favorite book was communist manifesto. He was ranting about being labeled a terrorist and government mind control. He was either a far left nut or an anarchist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies