Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 12:39 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101
The theory of evolution can be changed as new facts emerge,research and study continue.

Creationism is dogma or religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without any proof,believe or burn!

your choice.

Quote:
Originally posted by allenk893
How the hell is the theory of evolution fact if it changes all the time?!!! How the HELL do you call a theory FACT if it is not?!! Ok stupid!
A fact is a concept whose truth can be proved.
A theory is A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

Thats how.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:39 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Even though it's founder didn't really know for sure??? Wow.
Yes, really.

Darwin had doubts - healthy ones. Remember he was trained as a theologian. He was not an atheist. What he discovered upset him personally.

But he could not deny what science showed him.

And he's been proven right, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

again.

There is no real debate about evolution, there are people educated enough to grasp it, and people who evidently are not.

I have NEVER met a creationists, online or in person, that actually understood evolution. If they could, they wouldn't be creationists.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:40 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No, it's in DIRECT CONFLICT with it.
You must be high on drugs.

All cells contain 100% of the same DNA as all other cells. Different cells simply express different parts of that same DNA. This is the phenomenon we see when stem cells differentiate into bone, or nerve or smooth muscle tissue.

You have such a simplistic understanding of the process by which genome becomes phenome that almost nothing in your account makes any genuine sense. Perhaps you just didn't cover the material in jeweler school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
In other experiments along the same lines ... a laser beam was passed through an embryo of a salamander ... then redirected and passed through the embryo of a frog. The results were a spontaneous recoding of the DNA of the frog embryo, transforming the frog into a salamander.
You have been badly misinformed. No such experiment has ever actually taken place. Link to a peer reviewed journal or admit that you are a sucker.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:40 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Don't change your mind on Judgment Day.
Pascal's Wager?

More logical fallacy.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
It's founder? Finder perhaps, but founder? How strange. I suppose we should say the same for Galileo, Copernicus or even Einstein.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:42 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,168 times
Quote:
Of course.

Since when did "founders" become omniscient god like beings?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:42 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I have NEVER met a creationists, online or in person, that actually understood evolution. If they could, they wouldn't be creationists.
How convenient. A belief in God equals a lack of intelligence rather than an abundance of faith.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:46 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
We're on page 18 of discussing the scientific merits of evolution. Can any creationist provide evidence to support the theory of creationism? Any scientific experimentation? Even a logical arguement? Or is it just "because I said so"?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:49 PM

I truly value these humble words by Mr. Albert Einstein himself:

Quote:
You may call me an agnostic... I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We're on page 18 of discussing the scientific merits of evolution. Can any creationist provide evidence to support the theory of creationism? Any scientific experimentation? Even a logical arguement? Or is it just "because I said so"?
Last I checked, it was "for the bible tells me so".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies