Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 01:34 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Black immigrants are not the same, they are often better and succeed like the Asians often due when they get here.
They are ready, willing and able to work; no excuses.
God bless them.
My experience exactly. Fully engaged, positive attitude people who are a strong positive to the USA.

I work occasionally with a lady from Ethiopia - and it is always a pleasure to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 03:14 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,400 times
Quote:
Black immigrants are not the same, they are often better and succeed like the Asians often due when they get here.
God bless them.
They can't even fix their own country.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:19 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The country of Africa???

Old 02-15-2011, 03:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why couldn't your ancestors fix Europe?

Old 02-15-2011, 03:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why couldn't your ancestors fix Europe?
Yes. If Europe is and always has been the Alpha and Omega of life, why did y'all ever leave?

Old 02-15-2011, 06:00 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,746,084 times
Quote:
God bless them.

African immigrants succeed more because they get the same luxury of being the majority in their countries that white people get here. Whites here get programmed into thinking that it's "normal" for whites to be successful, which is why poor whites can be ignored and written off as "white trash" by their own people. The only African immigrants you see making it stateside are the ones who came from wealthy-enough families to have a good education and afford the plane-ticket. There is no significant poor African segment in America because America isn't very close to Africa... coastal Western Europe - Spain, England, France - sees a lot more of the poor African immigrant populace than we do. And the Asian stereotype is plain stupid... all one has to do is look at Chinatown in SF - the mecca for chinese in America - to see just how fraudulent this stereotype is. In assimilating, though, many middle and upper middle class Asians have taken the same attitude towards the poorer segment of their group as middle and upper middle class white people... its almost as if they don't exist.

Outside of South Africa, Africans generally do not experience racism in Africa... classism, yes. Racism, no. Africans in Africa perceive themselves as n*****rs no more than Asians in Asia perceive themselves as c*****s than Latin Americans in Latin America perceive themselves as b*****s... they perceive themselves as normal. African Americans do not get the luxury of identity... they got defined by white Americans as n*****rs.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:14 PM

205 posts, read 479,240 times
I haven't read all 17 pages but I have witnessed this several times here in Buffalo and once at my workplace. Some of the black immigrants that are recent wear very colorful clothing so you can spot them a mile away. The one time I was walking home from the grocery store and two black woman were cursing at one of these black immigrant woman for what seemed like no reason. It all started when the two woman told the immigrant women that this was what she was going to look like in 15 years and became a real black and the immigrant woman responded "God I hope not." That set off a fire storm and a shouting match about not having babies that you can't take care of and welfare and being lazy no good for nothings.

The second time I seen this happen in an obvious manner was at a bar and a drunk Jamaican man went off one two common hoods that were bothering his friend. I have never heard the N word so many times in such a short burst before in my entire life. Saying they looked ridiculous, were lazy, needed to get jobs, and no wonder everyone hates black people in America.

And the incident at work happened when a guy from, I'm not even really sure but I think he said some place near Congo, got a raise/promotion and my other co worker said that it wasn't fair. He kept nagging him about it until he snapped and said if you want a promotion its not hard, just stop being a lazy American N!

In each of these situations I just stood there with a dumb look on my face like a deer caught in headlights. It's just so shocking to see happen.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:10 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,336,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
tonythetuna !!! ... Ain't It The Truth !

Blimey ... Such a bunch of ole "Racist American Black Folks" !!! What ?

These blighters like to absolutely claim African heritage and yet so many have never once looked upon the beautiful African continent ... and yet will disown and minimize a true African immigrant that becomes an citizen of the states !!!

Appears to be a bit bonkers to me mates. Such "RACIST'S" ....... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH !!!

Ave Ah Nice Day Mates / Old Sgt. Lamar
Are you a Pirate by any chance?

Old 02-15-2011, 08:12 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,995 times
This thread is just another attempt to divide and conquer. Get them fighting amongst themselves.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 AM

69 posts, read 136,680 times
Some of the posts are foolish.

Most Africans that actually get here get here through a lottery system. It is next to impossible for Africans to emigrate to this country. Most Africans emigrate to Europe. This explains your filtered and colored experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies