Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times

Advertisements

This left wingnut is anything but professional. She basically admitted it was her way of spreading her propaganda to young students. I doubt that was why she was hired. Schools need to get rid of any teacher that has a personal agenda. If she was a good teacher and wanted to provoke critical thinking (as she stated ) She would have stickers countering each other to inspire critical thinking about the differing opinions.

There is nothing more dangerous to a young mind than left wingnuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, if a conservative teacher had something anti-Obama on their bumper and got fired you would be just fine with that? Yeah, and hell just froze over and pigs fly.
Casper

And this is the problem with politics....

It doesn't matter what the action is it matters who does it.

The poster you quoted has no problem with this liberal teacher getting canned. However if some conservative science teacher got fired for having this

on his car I would guess the guy you quoted would be up in arms.

Rights are only meaningful if they protect everyone from the hippie dippie teacher who ruined her car to the birther with this on his car

http://www.conservativebumper.com/images/obama_birth_certificate.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
And this is the problem with politics....

It doesn't matter what the action is it matters who does it.

The poster you quoted has no problem with this liberal teacher getting canned. However if some conservative science teacher got fired for having this

on his car I would guess the guy you quoted would be up in arms.

Rights are only meaningful if they protect everyone from the hippie dippie teacher who ruined her car to the birther with this on his car

http://www.conservativebumper.com/images/obama_birth_certificate.jpg (broken link)
If in a public school, yes. In a private school, no. Can you cite an example where a private school fired a conservative for these types of bumper stickers?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
I've gotten tired of Teacher's agendas being spread to our kids in the public schools. We've got a problem with one now. She's a big time vegan and when my kids mentioned they like to hunt with Daddy she gave them an earful about evil guns, eating meat and bad hunters. Just teach English lady. Leave your personal views at home and if you ask kids about their lives don't comment on them.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
This left wingnut is anything but professional. She basically admitted it was her way of spreading her propaganda to young students. I doubt that was why she was hired. Schools need to get rid of any teacher that has a personal agenda. If she was a good teacher and wanted to provoke critical thinking (as she stated ) She would have stickers countering each other to inspire critical thinking about the differing opinions.

There is nothing more dangerous to a young mind than left wingnuts.
Because she totally teaches by showing kids her car, amirite?

Most teachers have a personal agenda- to teach kids, to make sure they stay educated.

What they do in their personal time, however, should be irrelevant.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've gotten tired of Teacher's agendas being spread to our kids in the public schools. We've got a problem with one now. She's a big time vegan and when my kids mentioned they like to hunt with Daddy she gave them an earful about evil guns, eating meat and bad hunters. Just teach English lady. Leave your personal views at home and if you ask kids about their lives don't comment on them.

That would be another one that needs fired!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That I do agree should stay out of an English class. It might be appropriate for political studies class, depending on the subject being discussed. But English? No.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
If in a public school, yes. In a private school, no. Can you cite an example where a private school fired a conservative for these types of bumper stickers?

I didn't read your original post clearly enough.

No state action, no constitutional issue.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Because she totally teaches by showing kids her car, amirite?

Most teachers have a personal agenda- to teach kids, to make sure they stay educated.

What they do in their personal time, however, should be irrelevant.

I guess you want to ignore her own words

Most left wing teachers have a personal agenda- to teach kids - their personal agenda. It's called indoctrination and propaganda.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I guess you want to ignore her own words

Most left wing teachers have a personal agenda- to teach kids - their personal agenda. It's called indoctrination and propaganda.
I live in the most liberal area of Virginia.

I can guarantee I've never experienced such.

Even my government teacher, who was liberal, promoted healthy discussion of both sides and never once interjected her views. Just taught the subject like it was supposed to be taught.

Now, I'm not going to say t hat teachers never interject their personal opinion, however, in our idiotic partisan political climate, I'm rather sure it's not just the liberals doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies