Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 03:45 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,305,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm 45 years old. Do you SERIOUSLY think that you told me anything in that post that i don't know already?
Did I tell you before, I am getting up there in years.

Have we met before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 04:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
You missed the point completely. I don't care if you choose to use the N word or not, but if you want to be an equal, you can't ***** about white people doing the same thing you do.

You don't want to be equal, you want to be special from the other races on the subject of the N word.

And who are you to laugh at me, you are the guy threatening "major drama" and "a bad day" to anyone who calls you the N word, but only if they are white... that isn't racism? I can only assume you mean you would physically harm someone for using the word, or throw a temper tantrum, both of those are extremely childish things to do. The course of action you speak of is one of weakness generally reserved for cowards.
No...you missed my point. I'm your equal at a minimum no matter what words i choose to use. You aren't the standard or measuring stick by which i evaluate myself. You kidding me?

Look...i didn't invent the N word. That was around long before my birth. I think my overall attitude (if you read my posts) was pretty fair. I said that the word isn't a big deal to me so long as you don't use it as an insult towards me. The rules are the rules....and i didn't invent those either. Society did. Blacks say the word, whites generally don't....but even if they do, just don't use it towards me in a pejorative fashion. Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 02-21-2011, 04:19 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,896 times
Quote:
No...you missed my point. I'm your equal at a minimum no matter what words i choose to use. You aren't the standard or measuring stick by which i evaluate myself. You kidding me?

Look...i didn't invent the N word. That was around long before my birth. I think my overall attitude (if you read my posts) was pretty fair. I said that the word isn't a big deal to me so long as you don't use it as an insult towards me. The rules are the rules....and i didn't invent those either. Society did. Blacks say the word, whites generally don't....but even if they do, just don't use it towards me in a pejorative fashion. Why is that so hard to understand?
I must have missed that post, it sounds like we have a similar stance on the issue, not quite identical, but close

I never said that white people are the standard to which blacks should evaluate themselves, I said if a black person claims to have special rights to a word, but refuses to allow a white person to use it, they themselves are racist, and promoting inequality.

So I guess yourself and I are pretty much on the same page, minus what we view as appropriate reactions to a word, if somebody insults me, that is not all it takes for me to engage them physically... But that is not the topic of this thread.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:10 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
What in the world are you talking about?
That sometimes no matter what, one needs to forget the past in order to move ahead. Maybe not forgive the past, but forget it enough to move ahead.

There is no getting back yesterday.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
You missed the point completely. I don't care if you choose to use the N word or not, but if you want to be an equal, you can't ***** about white people doing the same thing you do.

You don't want to be equal, you want to be special from the other races on the subject of the N word.

And who are you to laugh at me, you are the guy threatening "major drama" and "a bad day" to anyone who calls you the N word, but only if they are white... that isn't racism? I can only assume you mean you would physically harm someone for using the word, or throw a temper tantrum, both of those are extremely childish things to do. The course of action you speak of is one of weakness generally reserved for cowards.

Quote:
Dude, people complaining about the government spending are complaining about it for ALL races inside the United States. It is so far from being a race specific issue, having a black president has nothing to do with it, he is essentially a carbon copy of George Bush JR. Not to mention because of slavery many blacks who were not slaves got reparations, our grandkids will not.
Where is your proof that ALL RACES have the same opinion about government spending and hence are on the same page with those complaining about government spending? What is the general opinion of black people in regards to government spending? Do you think the average white person even knows or cares? I think not. Those peope are complaining on behalf of their selfish interest.

Quote:
Not to mention, you are using a straw man argument:
LOL....in all the times that I have accused a white debater of using the straw man.....not once did I assume them to be so ignorant that I had to provide the defintion......lol. Hence, I am just curious as to why you think you needed to provide a defintion for your "Big word of the day".....lol.

Quote:
So I shouldn't even respond to it, but I will. People's kids and grandkids getting stuck with a national debt, will make them poorer in the future. Has slavery made black people poorer? Yes, but that period is over, and black people have the same opportunities as white people do. Any barred from potential success are victims of their specific situation, black or white.
Did you put any thought to that response? Think of it this way. The people of Canada does not have the debt burden that the US has. Thus, the children and Grand Children of current Canadians will be at an advantage over the American counterpart 30 or 50 years from now. They will have an ADVANTAGE over people in the United States, so will the people of China and other net creditor nations, because they are not burdened with the liabilities of the past as Americans will be. This is the same juxtaposition....oh my bad....let me define that for you first:

[SIZE=4]jux·ta·po·si·tion[/SIZE]

 /[SIZE=3]ˌdʒʌkstəpəˈzɪʃən[/SIZE]/ Show Spelled[juhk-stuh-puh-zish-uhn] Show IPA
–noun 1. an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, especially for comparison or contrast.

lol,

Ahem....anyway, the nature of liabilities is that it creates disadvantages to those who don't have liabilities from the past acting as inertia in the present. Black people are weighed down from the legacy of past discriminations that has placed black families at economical, geographical, cultural and physchological disadvantage to whites. That is the inheritnce from our past that whites don't carrry in degree or kind because they don't share our historical experience in the same degree or kind. To say that we all have the same opportunities now (which is arguable) is a moot point. Its like playing a basketball game for three quarters (and then some) where the refs cheated in favor of one side, allowing that side to get a large lead on the scoreboard. Now say you were on the other team that were cheated and someone says to you...."Hey"....they changed the refs in the fourth quarter and got rid of those cheaters, so both teams are playing by the same rules for the rest of the game.....but the other team gets to keeps its accrued advantage from past unfair reffing". Now here I come along and tell you.....hey.....stop whining and making excuses....your both playing by the same fair rules now...now one has an advantage or disadvantage.

Quote:
And you ignore what I am talking about, you where never a slave, I never owned slaves... so what about slavery divides you and myself? Nothing.
uh.....probably the fact that you carry a sir name that represents your family lineage from whence they came. Me.....I carry the name of my ancestors slave master. Unlike you, I cannot tell you from where in African my ancestor came from, but you know where your ancestors came from....and you have the luxury of caring or not because you take that knowlge for granted.

That having been said, when my ancestors were freed, the children the gave birth to inherited their socioecomic displacement. When a child is born it is born into the race of life that represents their parents current position in the race of life. Thus, if your parents are behind in the race due to oppression, the child inherits that displacement in the generational relay of life. The child does not get to start even with others in life. There is no "reset" and each generation runs their own race totally independent from how their parents placed in the race. Each generation does not represent a seperate race, but rather, a part of a continuum, a relay, where each generation is handed the baton from where there parents are in the race. This is how and why disadvantage is passed down and how the ramifications of oppression are passed down.

Now.....people can and do make up the difference, however, it must be noted that one cannot catch those in front of them by being equal to them. They only way you can catch those who are in front of you in a race is to be superior to them, for if you are there equal......no matter how hard you try......you will not make up the difference, which would explain why after several decades.......blacks have not caught up with whites.

Quote:
I do not see how slavery happening before our time is sufficient for you to carry on with racism and segregation between you and I.

I want to be equals with every person of every race, you guys want your own special words and "rights".
If you want to be equal with me then you have to share the same history with me. For example. If I went to college and got a BS in chemical engineering and you only had a GED.....would you think you were being treated differently that companies did not want to consider your resume for an open position in chemical engineering? You cannot simply take the superficial or "snap shot reasoning" view of events. The "snap shot" being the moment in time when both you and I applied for the job. You cannot say...."hey we both applied at the same time so I should be given the same opportunity as you". Wrong! You see....its not about vacuous moments in time, but rather, the continuum of time. Another example would be someone with a bad credit history. Say a person has a credit rating of 502 and another person has a credit rating of 780 and they both apply to have a car financed. Is is fair that the person with a 780 credit score gets charged a 4% interest rate while the person with a 502 credit score gets charged 11% interest rate? In the last year both may have paid all their bills on time......but its the cumulative history that seperates how they are treated and what they can do. You don't seem to understand then when it comes to the racial history of this nation and that whites have a poor credibility score on matters of race and hence are not given the same benefit of trust by blacks and hence are not allowed to use the N word despite blacks allowing each other too use it. Its because history has a consquence and white like you seem so pompos and arrogant that you want to be exempt from the consquences of white history and fault blacks when you are not. You want to pretend like nothing ever happened.....while we live with the consquences of what happened.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Where is your proof that ALL RACES have the same opinion about government spending and hence are on the same page with those complaining about government spending? What is the general opinion of black people in regards to government spending? Do you think the average white person even knows or cares? I think not. Those peope are complaining on behalf of their selfish interest.

Just because you want to be a victim does not make you a victim, I am against our rampant government spending, I am against our interventionist foreign policy, and I am against the government outgrowing the constitution. I am against these things because they are bad for my country and countrymen, which are of all races. Where is YOUR proof that I am protecting selfish interest and trying to keep my black friends down. (of which I have many.)

LOL....in all the times that I have accused a white debater of using the straw man.....not once did I assume them to be so ignorant that I had to provide the defintion......lol. Hence, I am just curious as to why you think you needed to provide a defintion for your "Big word of the day".....lol.

Maybe the reason you get accused of using a straw man is because you do? Why did I post the definition? Because apparently you don't know what it is, else ya wouldn't use straw man arguments.

Did you put any thought to that response? Think of it this way. The people of Canada does not have the debt burden that the US has. Thus, the children and Grand Children of current Canadians will be at an advantage over the American counterpart 30 or 50 years from now. They will have an ADVANTAGE over people in the United States, so will the people of China and other net creditor nations, because they are not burdened with the liabilities of the past as Americans will be. This is the same juxtaposition....oh my bad....let me define that for you first:

[SIZE=4]jux·ta·po·si·tion[/SIZE]

Yes, but Americans are of all races... This backs what I am trying to say. You accuse anyone right of left of being racists that are trying to keep the black population down by refusing to support our current spending habits.

You accuse them of doing so because they don't "like" having a black president, which could not be further from true. I voted for Obama, but I now regret it as he has followed along with the legacy left behind from the Bush/Cheney years, rather than fixing it, he has exacerbated the situation.

I am saying that the country's economics are NOT a racial issue, so it makes no sense to use them in an argument about race.

lol,

Ahem....anyway, the nature of liabilities is that it creates disadvantages to those who don't have liabilities from the past acting as inertia in the present. Black people are weighed down from the legacy of past discriminations that has placed black families at economical, geographical, cultural and physchological disadvantage to whites. That is the inheritnce from our past that whites don't carrry in degree or kind because they don't share our historical experience in the same degree or kind. To say that we all have the same opportunities now (which is arguable) is a moot point. Its like playing a basketball game for three quarters (and then some) where the refs cheated in favor of one side, allowing that side to get a large lead on the scoreboard. Now say you were on the other team that were cheated and someone says to you...."Hey"....they changed the refs in the fourth quarter and got rid of those cheaters, so both teams are playing by the same rules for the rest of the game.....but the other team gets to keeps its accrued advantage from past unfair reffing". Now here I come along and tell you.....hey.....stop whining and making excuses....your both playing by the same fair rules now...now one has an advantage or disadvantage.

Okay, I will play along with your shaky basketball analogy. Let's skip forward to the fourth quarter, none of the players on the court are cheaters, why should they get looked at as cheaters? Because they were on the same team?

They DID NOT cheat, but you want to punish THEM? When they did not commit the crime?

uh.....probably the fact that you carry a sir name that represents your family lineage from whence they came. Me.....I carry the name of my ancestors slave master. Unlike you, I cannot tell you from where in African my ancestor came from, but you know where your ancestors came from....and you have the luxury of caring or not because you take that knowlge for granted.

So what? I DID NOT ENSLAVE ANYBODY. I did not commit the crime, and you were not the victim. Why should you divide yourself from me on a social level? What did I do wrong that justifies you being racist against me?

That having been said, when my ancestors were freed, the children the gave birth to inherited their socioecomic displacement. When a child is born it is born into the race of life that represents their parents current position in the race of life. Thus, if your parents are behind in the race due to oppression, the child inherits that displacement in the generational relay of life. The child does not get to start even with others in life. There is no "reset" and each generation runs their own race totally independent from how their parents placed in the race. Each generation does not represent a seperate race, but rather, a part of a continuum, a relay, where each generation is handed the baton from where there parents are in the race. This is how and why disadvantage is passed down and how the ramifications of oppression are passed down.

And this has what to do with you promoting inequality and segregation in modern times? Again, the slave owners were bad people, I was not a slave owner. What gives you the right to segregate YOU from ME?
I had nothing to do with slavery.

Now.....people can and do make up the difference, however, it must be noted that one cannot catch those in front of them by being equal to them. They only way you can catch those who are in front of you in a race is to be superior to them, for if you are there equal......no matter how hard you try......you will not make up the difference, which would explain why after several decades.......blacks have not caught up with whites.

Again, this is NOT an economic issue, it is a social issue.

If you want to be equal with me then you have to share the same history with me. For example. If I went to college and got a BS in chemical engineering and you only had a GED.....would you think you were being treated differently that companies did not want to consider your resume for an open position in chemical engineering? You cannot simply take the superficial or "snap shot reasoning" view of events. The "snap shot" being the moment in time when both you and I applied for the job. You cannot say...."hey we both applied at the same time so I should be given the same opportunity as you". Wrong! You see....its not about vacuous moments in time, but rather, the continuum of time. Another example would be someone with a bad credit history. Say a person has a credit rating of 502 and another person has a credit rating of 780 and they both apply to have a car financed. Is is fair that the person with a 780 credit score gets charged a 4% interest rate while the person with a 502 credit score gets charged 11% interest rate? In the last year both may have paid all their bills on time......but its the cumulative history that seperates how they are treated and what they can do. You don't seem to understand then when it comes to the racial history of this nation and that whites have a poor credibility score on matters of race and hence are not given the same benefit of trust by blacks and hence are not allowed to use the N word despite blacks allowing each other too use it. Its because history has a consquence and white like you seem so pompos and arrogant that you want to be exempt from the consquences of white history and fault blacks when you are not. You want to pretend like nothing ever happened.....while we live with the consquences of what happened.

You complained about me posting the definition of a straw man because you know what it is. You should then know that it is not a favored debate tactic, yet you come back to it time and time again.

You are right, actions have consequences. I did not commit any of the actions against the black people that you are citing, yet you want me to suffer consequences?

Here, I will use my own straw man since you love them so much. Let's say Bob Jones murders Ned Thompson, Bob Jones eventually dies in jail, is it fair to charge the rest of the Jones family with murder because they are in the same family?

Speaking of that, more than half of this country at the time of slavery were against it. My very own ancestors fought to free yours, my ancestors died to give yours a better life. You are being as racist as they come, "Well some white people kept my people down, therefore all of them are bad people." You are just ignoring the white people who have helped the blacks, and painting all white people as the devil.

Judging one based on their race rather than their individual qualities... What is that called again?

Hypocrisy at its best, you denounce white on black racism, but you defend black on white racism, this simply does not work to promote equality, only inequality.
See response above.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:11 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
You complained about me posting the definition of a straw man because you know what it is. You should then know that it is not a favored debate tactic, yet you come back to it time and time again.
As you are doing now.

Quote:
You are right, actions have consequences. I did not commit any of the actions against the black people that you are citing, yet you want me to suffer consequences?
Did you fight in the revolutionary war or any war or struggle that bestowed RIGHTS and FREEDOM upon you as an inheritance of citizenship? If not, then by that logic you have no rights to freedoms and benefits you receive, while being a citizeen of this nation, that you took no part in creating. If you are arguing against having to bear the cost from the past.....then by the same logic you are arguing against getting benefits from the past....since you were not involved in the creation of either.....RIGHT?

Hey, if black people have to deal the the consquences and legacy of the past in regards to its economical, cultural, geographical and pyschological ramifications upon us today......why should not whites be impacted by the past? Actions have consquences and black people are dealing with the consquences of 300 years of racial oppression......which WE DID NOT DESERVE!!! Yet, you want to be exempted, as a white person, and allowed to use the "N" word because you should not suffer the consquences of a past you had nothing to do with? Well, black people DID NOTHING to deserve what happened to our ancestors and did nothing to deserve the consquence and aftermath left upon us in the form of many socioeconomic problems. In other words, you want to be exempt from the burdens of the past while blacks live with them. Hence, if you really wanted equality you would be willing to share the burdens of the past with black folks and understand that there are simply some things whites cannot do.......as a consquence of the history of this nation. Its really about R.E.S.P.E.C.T of black people and our struggles....which your argument shows little of. You just want to do what you want to do and to hell with black sensativities.

Quote:
Here, I will use my own straw man since you love them so much. Let's say Bob Jones murders Ned Thompson, Bob Jones eventually dies in jail, is it fair to charge the rest of the Jones family with murder because they are in the same family?
Human nature has nothing to do with fairness. We are programmed to survive. All life forms are. Humans use memory and associations to judge threats and promote survival. Animals do the same. Many animals fear the human scent because its history with humans was that the scent was associated with danger and threat to their lives. So if I come across a deer......is it fair that the dear detects my scent and runs away despite me not being a hunter and meaning no harm? The deer does not KNOW me and what is in my mind and cannot know that. Thus, his survival intincts is to simply flee because my scent, the human scent, is historically associated with danger.

What you need to understand is that when you run across a black person that does not KNOW you, what is in your mind or heart, he or she is programmed by the past to distrust your motives, because of a long, long history of people who look like you looking down upon people who look like us. Thus, you cannot simply come around black folks you don't know using the "N" word. Now, black people who DO know you and whats in your heart may give you a pass if you use the word.....because you have proven yourself. But if you get too comfortabee and go around blacks you don't know and use the word......you are going to have problems. This is not rocket science. One simply has to understand and RESPECT human nature. This has nothing to do with fairness and has everything to do with the nature of beings and how we are wired to survive.

Quote:
Speaking of that, more than half of this country at the time of slavery were against it. My very own ancestors fought to free yours, my ancestors died to give yours a better life. You are being as racist as they come, "Well some white people kept my people down, therefore all of them are bad people." You are just ignoring the white people who have helped the blacks, and painting all white people as the devil.
Another straw man. Never have I claimed ALL of anything. Holding people in bondage was simply ONE aspect of black oppresion. Blacks were also oppressed by the BELIEF of whites in regards to black inferiority and the fear of many whites that immersion with blacks would denigrate the superior white race and culture and hence discrimination against blacks was rampant even by those who thought slavery morally wrong. South Africa oppressed its blacks without slavery for a very long time. Oppression does not require slavery....its just the worst form of it.

Quote:
Judging one based on their race rather than their individual qualities... What is that called again?
When one does not KNOW a person, how can they be judged on their individual qualities? If you show up in the same room as me and you use the N word, what the hell do I know at that point in time about your individual qualities? All I see is a white person using the N word and historically that meant that the white person had disrespect for black people and that is all that I have to pass judgement at the moment in time.....because again I DON'T KNOW the content of your character when I don't even KNOW YOU.....you just a white dude sayin "*****"....and its not going to go over very well. Sorry...it is what it is.

Quote:
Hypocrisy at its best, you denounce white on black racism, but you defend black on white racism, this simply does not work to promote equality, only inequality.
What you consider "black racism" is often simply the consquence or reaction from blacks to white racism. Every action creates a reaction.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 02-22-2011 at 08:29 AM..

Old 02-22-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
As you are doing now.

You obviously have no idea what a straw man is, I am approaching the issue directly. The issue is the social paradigm between blacks and whites, which I am speaking of, so how is it a straw man?

Did you fight in the revolutionary war or any war or struggle that bestowed RIGHTS and FREEDOM upon you as an inheritance of citizenship? If not, then by that logic you have no rights to freedoms and benefits you receive, while being a citizeen of this nation, that you took no part in creating. If you are arguing against having to bear the cost from the past.....then by the same logic you are arguing against getting benefits from the past....since you were not involved in the creation of either.....RIGHT?

You are speaking to the wrong guy, I don't feel I owe my country anything, or that it owes me anything.

Hey, if black people have to deal the the consquences and legacy of the past in regards to its economical, cultural, geographical and pyschological ramifications upon us today......why should not whites be impacted by the past? Actions have consquences and black people are dealing with the consquences of 300 years of racial oppression......which WE DID NOT DESERVE!!! Yet, you want to be exempted, as a white person, and allowed to use the "N" word because you should not suffer the consquences of a past you had nothing to do with? Well, black people DID NOTHING to deserve what happened to our ancestors and did nothing to deserve the consquence and aftermath left upon us in the form of many socioeconomic problems. In other words, you want to be exempt from the burdens of the past while blacks live with them. Hence, if you really wanted equality you would be willing to share the burdens of the past with black folks and understand that there are simply some things whites cannot do.......as a consquence of the history of this nation. Its really about R.E.S.P.E.C.T of black people and our struggles....which your argument shows little of. You just want to do what you want to do and to hell with black sensativities.

You are missing my point in every possible way, you are my equal, my black friends are my equals, Asians, Latinos, and middle-easterners are my equals. I have no special rights above anybody, and neither do you.

One of my black friends is at a very respected college right now, when he graduates he will be making 120k a year. (already has the job lined up). He is not suffering from oppression of his ancestors... Jay-z is filthy rich, he is not suffering from the oppression of his ancestors. Your life is what you make it, you can make it what you want it, or you can make excuses.

ALL of my black friends agree with me on this issue, they are my equals.

You do not want to be equals, that much is clear, you re willing to preach about how evil white people are for not treating black people equally in the past, but you do not want to treat white people as equals.

Your sense of entitlement is sickening, racism is bad unless it is against white people, inequality is bad unless white people get the short end of the stick.

Believe it or not two wrongs do not make a right.

Human nature has nothing to do with fairness. We are programmed to survive. All life forms are. Humans use memory and associations to judge threats and promote survival. Animals do the same. Many animals fear the human scent because its history with humans was that the scent was associated with danger and threat to their lives. So if I come across a deer......is it fair that the dear detects my scent and runs away despite me not being a hunter and meaning no harm? The deer does not KNOW me and what is in my mind and cannot know that. Thus, his survival intincts is to simply flee because my scent, the human scent, is historically associated with danger.

THIS is a straw man, you are talking about deer, not humans, and especially not the black and white social paradigm.

What you need to understand is that when you run across a black person that does not KNOW you, what is in your mind or heart, he or she is programmed by the past to distrust your motives, because of a long, long history of people who look like you looking down upon people who look like us. Thus, you cannot simply come around black folks you don't know using the "N" word. Now, black people who DO know you and whats in your heart may give you a pass if you use the word.....because you have proven yourself. But if you get too comfortabee and go around blacks you don't know and use the word......you are going to have problems. This is not rocket science. One simply has to understand and RESPECT human nature. This has nothing to do with fairness and has everything to do with the nature of beings and how we are wired to survive.

Black people statistically have a higher chance of being a thief, Black people statistically do poorer in school. Black people historically have a worse past with violent crimes.

Would it be right for me to automatically assume that black people I come across are dangerous, stupid, violent criminals?

Another straw man. Never have I claimed ALL of anything. Holding people in bondage was simply ONE aspect of black oppresion. Blacks were also oppressed by the BELIEF of whites in regards to black inferiority and the fear of many whites that immersion with blacks would denigrate the superior white race and culture and hence discrimination against blacks was rampant even by those who thought slavery morally wrong. South Africa oppressed its blacks without slavery for a very long time. Oppression does not require slavery....its just the worst form of it.

Again, not a straw man, I was speaking about... wait for it... the black and white social paradigm... THE EXACT ISSUE WE ARE DISCUSSING. Should I post the definition of a straw man for you AGAIN?

So you are saying that people who looked down on racism and slavery are still oppressive, much like those who gave their lives to free your ancestors?

These people were willing to DIE for your ancestors, and they were oppressive?

When one does not KNOW a person, how can they be judged on their individual qualities? If you show up in the same room as me and you use the N word, what the hell do I know at that point in time about your individual qualities? All I see is a white person using the N word and historically that meant that the white person had disrespect for black people and that is all that I have to pass judgement at the moment in time.....because again I DON'T KNOW the content of your character when I don't even KNOW YOU.....you just a white dude sayin "*****"....and its not going to go over very well. Sorry...it is what it is.

Well you are a lot different from my many black friends. Some of them, when I met them got the N bomb dropped around them by a white stranger (me) and were totally cool with it.

It is all in context, if you use it like a black person would, it does not carry disrespect with it. If you use it like an insult, then it is an insult.

Again, if you feel it is an evil expression, don't use it. If you use it, and want to be equals with the other races, don't complain when someone who you deem to be the wrong color uses it.

Again, you say historically a white person dropping the N bomb means they disrespect blacks. Should I judge you by the poorer examples of your race from the past? Should I assume you are a stupid criminal?

Haven't blacks been fighting against stereotypes for a while now? Or does it only count as being in poor taste if that stereotype is negative against blacks? 'Cause you seem fine with white people being stereotyped.

What you consider "black racism" is often simply the consquence or reaction from blacks to white racism. Every action creates a reaction.

LOL. There is no black racism, there is no white racism. There is just racism. Again, two wrongs do not make a right.
See responses above.^

Funny thing is, you will never change your stance on the issue until you evolve how you view interpersonal relations. Your stance on the issue comes directly from an attitude that people should be judged before they commit a crime, an attitude that promotes judging one by the color of their skin, an attitude that promotes inequality and racism.

You don't want to be equal with whites, it is quite clear that you feel some sort of revenge or consequences is appropriate to take out on someone completely detached from the crime.

And worse, your attitude clearly shows that you think of black people as your family, not your fellow man. Maybe it is me, I see everyone regardless of race as my brother because they are fellow humans. The whole human race is evolving to this thought... if you want to be left behind that is your deal.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
See responses above.^

Funny thing is, you will never change your stance on the issue until you evolve how you view interpersonal relations. Your stance on the issue comes directly from an attitude that people should be judged before they commit a crime, an attitude that promotes judging one by the color of their skin, an attitude that promotes inequality and racism.

You don't want to be equal with whites, it is quite clear that you feel some sort of revenge or consequences is appropriate to take out on someone completely detached from the crime.

And worse, your attitude clearly shows that you think of black people as your family, not your fellow man. Maybe it is me, I see everyone regardless of race as my brother because they are fellow humans. The whole human race is evolving to this thought... if you want to be left behind that is your deal.
What's wrong with seeing black people as your family? That's how i see 'em too.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with seeing black people as your family? That's how i see 'em too.
Nothing, but you should see all races as your family. I see blacks as my family as well, but I also see whites, Latinos, and every other race as my family as well.

You can't say you want equality, and then turn around and treat different races differently. If you treat a person of your race better than the others, just because they are of the same race, that is racism.

Fellow man is your family, regardless of color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies