Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 11:36 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,622,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream View Post
FAMOUS last words. Wait until they get nukes. Give 'em a few hundred years and see what happens.

The monster is not under my bed, but who knows what might be under yours - obviously not History books.
I must spread rep around, darn.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,109,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Read the CTC report on the Al-Qa'ida's playbook, then get back to me on that source of a falsehood.
Know the report well. In fact... I know one of the author' personally. I am a West Point graduate and have a casual association with the CTC.

What in that report do you imagine supports your position? There is certainly within it no claim of Muslims dancing in the streets in new York and New Jersey.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,685,791 times
Quote:
FAMOUS last words. Wait until they get nukes. Give 'em a few hundred years and see what happens.

The monster is not under my bed, but who knows what might be under yours - obviously not History books.
Pakistan already has nukes and has had them for over 25 years. They have many. They have 60 at last count. They are our ally in the war on terrorism and a member of NATO. They are also a nation of virtually 100% muslim.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:42 AM

527 posts, read 1,021,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Know the report well. In fact... I know one of the author' personally. I am a West Point graduate and have a casual association with the CTC.

What in that report do you imagine supports your position? There is certainly within it no claim of Muslims dancing in the streets in new York and New Jersey.
I dont believe you, I think you are full of crap, you know no one! I call bs

Old 02-18-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Did you know that the media was shut down during all of that? Did you know that reporters who had built up relationships with informants, that their informants shut up and would not talk to them? No, you don't know this, because you are not a follower of journalism....

People were scared then to talk, and they are still to scared to talk. They don't know what they can say or what they can not say, that might get them killed.

Propaganda! read the report, Mr, name dropper as if that is to empress me.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
If they get nukes it will be a disaster... ultimately worse for them than for us. That's why it is a very good thing that we are working hard to prevent them from getting nukes.

They are still not an existential threat to us.

Given the fact that the last few hundred years has witnessed the implosion of the Islamic empire, I look greatly forward to the even more drastically diminished importance of Islam in the next few hundred years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream
No... the monster is not under your bed. Yet you fear it anyway.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
I dont believe you, I think you are full of crap, you know no one! I call bs
Don't particularly care what you think. My arguments stand on their own, regardless of who I know.

Now... if Actonbell can actually make an argument, we'll see who understands this report better.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Don't particularly care what you think. My arguments stand on their own, regardless of who I know.

Now... if Actonbell can actually make an argument, we'll see who understands this report better.
Your spreading the right kind of propaganda for Al-Qa'ida.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Did you know that the media was shut down during all of that? Did you know that reporters who had built up relationships with informants, that their informants shut up and would not talk to them? No, you don't know this, because you are not a follower of journalism....
What the hell are you talking about? What media was shut down during all of what?

And no... I am not "a follower of journalism." Mostly because I don't even know what you're trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell
People were scared then to talk, and they are still to scared to talk. They don't know what they can say or what they can not say, that might get them killed.
Welcome to the human condition. What is your actual point? You are not being very clear. use your words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell
I read the report 5 years ago for the first time.

How do you imagine it supports you?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:50 AM

527 posts, read 1,021,518 times
Quote:

Gee, you would think his author friend would've told him something heh?
Actonbell, you seem very knowledgeable & informative on this subject- thank you for this interesting info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.