Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 01:02 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,641,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, in any case you have provided food for a very lively debate. You have also enlightened me to the fact that there are some people who actually subscribe to the belief that all Islam is our enemy and must be destroyed. It is my fervent hope that this line of thought is an anomoly and will die an early death through the power of reason and logic, based on truth and fact. Thanks for sharing.
A gun by itself can not jump up and kill on its own.
In the right hands, it can actually, save a life.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:02 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,159,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Freedom of Religion, not Freedom from Religion---they can do anything they want---you read it.
Uh, we have both in this country.

The Establishment clause prevents any nasty bits of Sharia law from creeping into the system. That doesn't necessarily mean that judges can't look at the less nasty parts under the correct circumstances.

It also means freedom from religion. You should probably read up on that a bit. It might help ameliorate your terror.

The Free Exercise clause prevents government from interfering with religion. Depending on the circumstances, this might mean recognizing bits of Sharia that don't conflict with our laws.

Which is no big deal and no different from what any other religion gets here.

So chill.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:03 PM

527 posts, read 1,022,748 times
Quote:
I have to leave in a few and go to work...over cast and cloudy here.

You have a great day.
You too, have a great weekend! (its 60 here today its been so cold this is a blessing- again TGIF!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,127,192 times
Quote:
Freedom of Religion, not Freedom from Religion---they can do anything they want---you read it.
No... they can't.

Neither (in case you haven't noticed) can Christians, Mormons, Pagans or Native American Animists.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 PM

Less ignorance of American Civics would help all of you (and your clones) sleep better at night.

Seriously.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
1. You're the one that posted it, and yet you haven't made a point about it youself. As double standards go, that's just funny.

2. I actually have made a point about and brought it up. Several times now.

3. The point I made is that it pretty much calls people like you (who call for a "war on Islam") collaborators with the jihadists. Because that is what they want you to say.

You can't spar if you don't even get in the ring. And to this point you have said almost exactly nothing intelligible.
America didn't start this, but then that depends on who a person listens to, doesn't it.

Jihad know they can not win an all out war in the open. They will break us down from within. It is a war---not like any in the past.

It isn't a battle on the open seas. It is a test of wills.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Less ignorance of American Civics would help all of you (and your clones) sleep better at night.

Seriously.
I sleep fine. Seriously.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No... they can't.

Neither (in case you haven't noticed) can Christians, Mormons, Pagans or Native American Animists.
Can't we pray any where we want?

Maybe this discussion was with EinsteinsGhost.....you two are so similar, it is hard to tell you two apart.

I said we couldn't, the poster said, yes people can, it's in the 1st Amendment. (past debate)

People need to make up their minds here!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,215,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
HD is playing whack-a-mole.
Nobody is paying attention, though, including me, for like a misbehaving child, he is on "ignore".

Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Can't we pray any where we want?
Yes you can, subject to infringing on the rights of others. Like praying loudly during a movie or in the middle of a public library.

Quote:
Maybe this discussion was with EinsteinsGhost.....you two are so similar, it is hard to tell you two apart.
Now that's just racist.

Quote:
I said we couldn't, the poster said, yes people can, it's in the 1st Amendment. (past debate)

People need to make up their minds here!
It isn't a black and white issue. And frankly, most Americans don't know nearly enough about how the Constitution actually works.

I call them "teabaggers."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies