Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 12:43 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,159,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
You are positively brilliant, in a sort of assinine way.
And you wonder why you aren't being taken seriously?

Old 02-18-2011, 12:44 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,127,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
That's not what this person says in the report that appeared on the Council for Foreign Relations: Islam: Governing Under Sharia - Council on Foreign Relations
Our Constitution supports Sharia law.
And where does "this person" say otherwise? Exactly? It's an article about majority Muslim countries. It offers no contradiction to Strel whatsoever.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:46 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,127,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
Really?? where did you see that?? Instead of putting all of your mindless thoughts into mocking me do some thinking about what this thread is about that I started. Why do you feel the need to defend the Islam way??? Spare me the mocking and childish behavior.
You said you were leaving... yet you haven't left.

So as long as you're sticking around, when are you going to get around to reading that CTC paper than Actonbell linked to?

It pretty much calls people like you perfect (if unwilling) collaborators of the jihadists.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:47 PM

866 posts, read 1,564,512 times
Quote:
Really?? where did you see that?? Instead of putting all of your mindless thoughts into mocking me do some thinking about what this thread is about that I started. Why do you feel the need to defend the Islam way??? Spare me the mocking and childish behavior.
It's not like everyone has been ganging up on you, no matter what you say. There have been many reasonable arguments that dispute what you've said. It has actually been you insulting those with view different from yours. But, according to you, I am a rude Muslim child, so what do I know?

Old 02-18-2011, 12:48 PM

527 posts, read 1,022,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Thank you. Thank you very much. Let's just cut to the chase, shall we? Deal with the 800lb. gorrilla in the room.

Let's just say that all your fears are true and every thing you have stated is gospel. what do you propose to do about it? Do you propose going to war with 1.5 billion followers of Islam? What would be your course of action? I ask this of you, Jack/Jackie and all those who proclaim that all Islam is our enemy and must be dealt with.

I wish I had an easy answer to that, just as I wish I could have a wand and make it disappear but I don't AND unfortunatley I do not think the situation will be disappearing in the near future. I do suggest that we all become aware of it and start to open our eyes. I would like to point out that I do NOT think ALL muslims feel this way, I might have come across like that but I am saying that the "Islamic way" is a threat and the core of their thinking is a threat to all.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,699,864 times
Quote:
With all due respect, I'm not sure I understand your position. At first I thought you started this thread to sound the alarm that all Islam wants the downfall of western society and that they are our worst enemy. Now I get the feeling that that's not your issue at all. Based on your posts, your agenda is really an attempt to discredit anyone who ascribes to the belief that we are at war with Islamic extremists and NOT with the entire Islamic religion. Am I off base here?

Old 02-18-2011, 12:49 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,641,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Sorry... no. Dancing in Jerusalem does not imply dancing in Jersey.

They "may have" been dancing in your living room, too. I bet they weren't. How about you?

I'm still waiting for you to make an argument.

I still have no idea what you are talking about.
They didn't go next door to do the dancing in the streets.
That's low, even for you. Shame on you for being so mean.
No one was talking! to the press.
Many things happened that day, that no one will talk about or discuss for obvious reasons. Many reports did not make the news, I gave you the plausible reasons, they did not.

I don't know if they were dancing in the streets of NYC or not, I wasn't there---but, I'm not going to say they weren't, because I was not there! Thank God for that.

I'm out, cause now you have *****ed me off being that mean.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:50 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,159,725 times
Quote:
Wow talk about proving my point.

I'll cite the post above as Exhibit A.

You don't address valid points made about the thread topic.

Perhaps you should lie down in a dimly lit room for a few minutes.

And do please, when you calm down enough, show me where I "defended Islam."

That's just another straw man argument of several you've made in this thread.

As for the childish, mocking behavior. Physician, heal thyself.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You said you were leaving... yet you haven't left.

So as long as you're sticking around, when are you going to get around to reading that CTC paper than Actonbell linked to?

It pretty much calls people like you perfect (if unwilling) collaborators of the jihadists.
Sigh- I have been trying to wrap things up around here and get out- it is time for me to sign out, its a beautiful day, Its friday and I am getting tired of this

Old 02-18-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Wow talk about proving my point.

I'll cite the post above as Exhibit A.

You don't address valid points made about the thread topic.

Perhaps you should lie down in a dimly lit room for a few minutes.

And do please, when you calm down enough, show me where I "defended Islam."

That's just another straw man argument of several you've made in this thread.

As for the childish, mocking behavior. Physician, heal thyself.
What?? I think you should be put in the corner of that dimly lit room
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies