Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Is EinsteinsGhost a black person? You turned this, not me.
It was a JOKE, FFS. You know, "they all look the same to me."

Quote:
I'm talking about a religion that is law in the middle east coming to an American state near you.
And I have tried, without citing 100 cases here for you to read, to explain to you that IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. It's not a rational fear. It is an irrational one. If you did know more about the law, you'd know better. I really think you don't understand the scope and reach of the First Amendment and how it applies here.

There are people who very much want you to remain ignorant about this. They are not your friends. I may not be either, but consider that I am the one telling you that there is a lot more to this story than you seem to realize.

Quote:
Yes, the link I gave you talked about how that law can, be inserted into the laws of this land.
And it can, to the extent it comports with the US Constitution, which as I have tried, in vain, to explain to you, will prevent the aspects of it about which you are so concerned from ever getting in.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? The article does not support your assertion.

Quote:
Further more American's will welcome it, because they will want to be accepting and tolerant.
And they will be. And that's the reason we already do a better job than Europe in assimilating Muslims. They are a LOT happier here, and it shows. They're happier here because we don't have an autocratic government, or one that tries to tell them what religion to practice and how. They get it. Why don't you?

But the law is still the law, and your fears of Sharia are still irrational and wholly unfounded. I can only guess that you really didn't understand the article.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid_____Buffalo Springfield

Still relevant after all these years
Still the same problems, from the same people.

Some things never change, I guess.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Still the same problems, from the same people.

Some things never change, I guess.
I heard enough fear-mongering BS during the Vietnam era. All that "If we don't fight them over there we'll have to fight them here" fear-mongering crap. I really don't understand the apparent need of some people to fear something, anything. Forty years later the only Vietnamese I see in my neighborhood are delivering take-out

Last edited by burdell; 02-18-2011 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-18-2011, 01:49 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I heard enough fear-mongering BS during the Vietnam era. All that "If we don't fight them over there we'll have to fight them here" fear-mongering crap. I really don't understand the apparent need of some peole to fear something, anything. Forty years later the only Vietnamese I see in my neighborhood are delivering take-out
Look some folks just miss the constant paranoia of the cold war, they need something else to feed their psychosis.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
I did, you have lost connectrion with reality. That is all your drivel merits. you live in the land of delusion thinking something like the Constitution (which all but ceases to exists anymore) will stop them. What foolish thinking.
LOL

You may have a point, it may not be worth trying to discuss constitutional law with you, if this is the kind of nonsense you believe.

You might want to consider that some of us have formal education in this area. But you won't.

Quote:
As far as being taken seriously, you are the ones who is not taken seriously, as it should be.
I'm comfortable letting the Court of City-Data decide that issue for us.

Quote:
Islam WILL get its way. It may take decades, and thousands of terrorist attacks, but it will prevail.
Really, are you just trolling? Can you not come up with anything except more shrill expressions of your irrational paranoia? Can you not address the valid points made in this argument?

Quote:
Why, because it cares nothing about human life - not yours, not mine, not their own.
What they want or think isn't relevant to what they can get away with, or anything else I have tried to explain to you here.

You keep acting in this debate as if your opponents are fans of Islam, when we have all made it quite clear that we are not. That's shameful dishonesty on your part at worst, and just a continuing straw man argument at best.

Quote:
If you had spend even 1/100 of the time study this that I have (since 1978), you would know, but you haven't, so you don't.

Uhhhh...jeff. If I were you, I wouldn't make assumptions about my credentials, or what I have or have not studied. I might have to embarrass you.

Quote:
It will start slowly, and then accellerate and escalaage. I first ran head long into Islam and Sharia in 1978 at a Holiday Inn where I worked managing the buffet line, while getting my MS degree.
Was that Dutch? And OMG, was it a Holiday Inn Express? Did you feel smarter in the morning?

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Quote:
Islam will never moderate. Some of their people will, others won't, and like water, it will get its way, it will flow to the sea, it will prevail because we Christians are NOT as willing to slit throats to keep our freedom, as they are willing to slit throats to take it from you.
You just contradicted yourself. It will never moderate (never mind that there are plenty of moderate Muslims in the world), but then you say some will?

I'm starting to think whatever degree you got didn't include any formal introduction to basic logic.

Slitting throats? Is there no limit to your bloody imagery and sad emotional appeal arguments? Save it. They don't work on me, mostly because my degree program(s) really did include logical training.

Quote:
Wise u... never mind, that can't happen. Just live your life as fast as you can so you can get outta dodge prior to.
It's not going to happen. And if and when they try, I'll be one of the people in court smacking them down. It's what I do.

Quote:
You are now on the ignore list as well. I'll focus of substantive posts.
To quote my favorite video game from the 1980's, Sinistar, "RUN COWARD."

Quote:
Your only hope is to pass from natural causes first.
I bet you weren't captain of the debate team.
Attached Thumbnails
why defend Islam (religion of peace) that want to destroy US????-lightenup.jpg  

Old 02-18-2011, 02:02 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
America didn't start this, but then that depends on who a person listens to, doesn't it.
America didn't start what? And exactly when do you think "it" was started, and by whom?

You will find (if you actually start seeking answers to your questions with real research and not propagandic glosses) that it does not "depend on who a person listens to.' Like many things, there actually is a real history available for inspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell
Jihad know they can not win an all out war in the open. They will break us down from within. It is a war---not like any in the past.
For starters, most of history shows that jihad actually is an ordinary old fashioned war. Islam was spread across a quarter of the globe by Muslim armies, not Muslim missionaries.

Now.. it is true that jihadists cannot win a conventional war against the west today. And they know that. But what reason is that to then accept as a real threat any fantasies that they can win from within? Even they do not believe that.

You do not seem to have benefited much from reading the CTC article, because it is not about them "breaking us down from within" at all. The paper does not for one nanosecond take seriously the fears that fuel you and jackinyc (and all her sock puppets). It instead speaks of how jihadists propagandize within their own community. It is about how they make new jihadists at home and try to convince ordinary Muslims that conquest of the west is possible after all. In other words, it is proof that even they understand that they are a minority in their own religion, as the bulk of their efforts is to try and move themselves from a minority to a majority position within Islam.

And even further... their ultimate objective is not to "break us from within," but instead to create a unified and powerful Islamic caliphate that would defeat the west the old fashioned way!

The irony here though is that you (and jacki and her sock puppets) collaborate with them with your fear, your rhetoric, and your willingness to attack Islam either rhetorically or actually. You are the proof to other Muslims they are praying for that there really is a war with the west.

9/11 was not designed to attack America. It was designed to get America to attack Islam.

Bottom line... nothing in the paper supports your fears.

Instead it exposes you as the jihadist's best friend.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:07 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
The plural of anecdote is not data.
I am SO stealing that!

Old 02-18-2011, 02:18 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
Why do certain posters in this forum continue to support or try to rationalize these crazy sob's that their mission is to convert the world? Their mission is also to enlslave or kill those who wont submitt- it is their way or NO way- there is no inbetween- It is not only America but the world. Also please, enough of trying to side step stating the feeble excuses of : Fox news, Beck or must be a christian-
How can you believe anything when there OWN code is to practice Taqiyya and Kitman meaning it is ok to lie for Allah - We cant believe a word that is said- In less than 20yrs this religion will have their numbers to vote in their own US president. When your grand daughter will be subjected to Sharia law think that we could've prevented it. I hope we start opening our eyes to what is going on all around us. I know many people that feel the same way as I do, Go ahead let the rants go 3-2-1 for all of you who seem to love this religion of peace and seem to think they have no agenda going on.

Lets get a few things straight..
Lets ago ahead and agree with this narrow few of the Muslim religion.
It is just that a religion of which in our Constitution they have the right to practice. The Constitution also says we have unalienable rights from our CREATOR and it doesnt say anything about Allah or Jesus, or Moses or any other religion. No religion will rule our government if we follow the rule of law the Constitution. when someone starts taking your rights and it comes from the government that is why we have the 2nd amendment.
Freedom is in the minds of men not government and no matter what laws are passed and most Americans still love freedom. The greatest thing we can do for our future and our children is promote the idea of LIBERTY AT HOME!!! No foreign or domestic enemy will take our liberty. Our government currently without Muslims are spending our blood and treasure destroying our freedoms at home and bankrupting the nation. Setting up the root of controls, surveillance in the name of security. Our current US government

Old 02-18-2011, 03:16 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
please do not hijack my original thread- We do not need children on here. Stick to the topic
Sure. Please explain how "In less than 20yrs this religion will have their numbers to vote in their own US president." I am all ears.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:32 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Lets get a few things straight..
Lets ago ahead and agree with this narrow few of the Muslim religion.
It is just that a religion of which in our Constitution they have the right to practice. The Constitution also says we have unalienable rights from our CREATOR and it doesnt say anything about Allah or Jesus, or Moses or any other religion. No religion will rule our government if we follow the rule of law the Constitution. when someone starts taking your rights and it comes from the government that is why we have the 2nd amendment.
Freedom is in the minds of men not government and no matter what laws are passed and most Americans still love freedom. The greatest thing we can do for our future and our children is promote the idea of LIBERTY AT HOME!!! No foreign or domestic enemy will take our liberty. Our government currently without Muslims are spending our blood and treasure destroying our freedoms at home and bankrupting the nation. Setting up the root of controls, surveillance in the name of security. Our current US government
The Constitution doesn't stand a chance against a determined Islam attack. They will prevail for you lack the will to survive sufficiently strong to overcome the will of Islam to destroy you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies