Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 08:47 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The responses on this thread are a classic example of hostility towards any education. You try to give people facts and they respond "no thanks I know enough"
Absolutely correct. The attempt to educate the posters--especially the "right-wing" posters--on anything about Islam, is an exercise in futility. The OP is simply throwing pearls to pigs.

What's more, one of the ten commandments is that "thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." Many of the Christians here at C-D seem to have no problem breaking this commandment when it relates to Islam, thereby exposing the shallowness of their belief or quite possibly that they don't really believe at all.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
This photo screams redneck, confederate flag an all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
There are good Muslims and there are bad ones. There are good Christians and there are bad ones. There are good Jews and there are bad ones.... etc.

You cannot judge millions of people by the actions of a few.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Catholics teach that humans are a special exception to evolution, don't they? You aren't being entirely honest. Catholics are also not fundamental Christians, being a Catholic you should know this as well. As for low %, fundamentalism is a small number, however Christians still make up the vast majority of the worlds religious.

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.5 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

Of course if Islam has its way with the Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheists, they will either have 2.6b or there will be 1.1b less people on the earth. Somewhere in the middle should be about right.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to me. Humans are only a special exception in that they're the greatest creation and that human beings were created in God's image (i.e. we have reason and souls). There is absolutely no official doctrine or domga, or even teaching for that matter on Creation so i know there would be no special exception for human beings.

Kind of interesting though that God created light on the first day, but didn't create the Sun until the fourth day. Hmm, sounds like maybe even the bible may support the Big Bang (created light on the first day).

Old 02-24-2011, 09:27 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
There are good Muslims and there are bad ones. There are good Christians and there are bad ones. There are good Jews and there are bad ones.... etc. You cannot judge millions of people by the actions of a few. 20yrsinBranson
Except that when you actually have mass murder (over 3,000 at the World Trade Center) in America by a certain religious group, you really should pay attention.

If ANY religion managed to produce a well-financed group of terrorists that managed to murder over 3,000 people in America tomorrow...you'd be sure there'd be a bit of resistance if your town had an application for a worship center for that same religious group next week. How do you know it is the passive strain of that religion wanting to set up a new HQ, as opposed to the radical, activist, terrorist strain?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
Just saying, war is technically state sponsored murder and if you go to another country and occupy their land expect them to not have a good opinion towards you.
Please provide proof of this,or do you simply not have a grasp of the English language?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
What is the percentage of Muslims who suppport the deliberate targeting of civilians?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Quote:
Well look at the tolerance and name calling after over a centruy. LOL.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:25 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
There are good Muslims and there are bad ones. There are good Christians and there are bad ones. There are good Jews and there are bad ones.... etc.
You make a great point.

I'll remember that point the next time an islamic muslim terrorist screams 'Allahu Akbar' as he murders his unwilling victims.

I'll also remember that point the next time I hear a congregation break into song singing 'Praise Jesus' when they perform a similar act.

But yes, you did make a great point.

Thank you.

Quote:
You cannot judge millions of people by the actions of a few.
This is done EVERY day to American's by most every country in the world.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:59 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,287,685 times
Quote:
Don't make fun of the handicapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies