Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 11:26 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Clearly, you're being selective. How about you be honest?
Okay. I'll be honest. How many American, non-muslims, have committed terror attacks on non-government targets in the past 20 years?

Old 03-15-2014, 11:35 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Okay. I'll be honest. How many American, non-muslims, have committed terror attacks on non-government targets in the past 20 years?
PS: I do think I'm being honest in my dislike of islam. I consider myself an independent who supports the individual rights. I support the rights of people to marry whomever they want of consenting age; I support the rights of women to go out in public without a man; I support the rights of women to go in public without covering up; I support the right to change religions without being threatened with murder; I do on support "honor killings"; I do not support the death penalty - i.e. hacking off the heads of people you don't like; I do not support terrorism. I know it is not cool for liberals to be against islam - for reasons I will never understand - but I am being honest in saying that I think islam is an extremely dangerous political ideology.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
PS: I do think I'm being honest in my dislike of islam. I consider myself an independent who supports the individual rights. I support the rights of people to marry whomever they want of consenting age; I support the rights of women to go out in public without a man; I support the rights of women to go in public without covering up; I support the right to change religions without being threatened with murder; I do on support "honor killings"; I do not support the death penalty - i.e. hacking off the heads of people you don't like; I do not support terrorism. I know it is not cool for liberals to be against islam - for reasons I will never understand - but I am being honest in saying that I think islam is an extremely dangerous political ideology.
I agree with your entire post. Islam teaches these folks at a young age to hat infidels. Not all but many do go to that degree. I would never go blow myself up and take as many with me for my religion. There is something very wrong with these Islamists. Very wrong.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:36 AM

525 posts, read 508,805 times
Islam doesn't equal extremist.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:44 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Yes. It does.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:15 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
The better question is why would I care to learn about Islam?

If I see some guy in a turbon praying on his knees bare feet atop a card board box in the middle of the day, we probably don't have much to say to each other anyways, so my knowledge of Islam or Muslim is irrelevant.

If some guy I work with is from the Middle East, I really don't care to hear what he says about Islam, just as I wouldn't care to hear any white people talk about Christianity, Judaism, etc.
Would you listen to a black or brown person if they spoke these things to you? You have gotten out enough in life to realize people of all colors are Christian, haven't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Surely, isn't a religion that conforms to society very. The way women and children are looked/treated really needs to come to the 21st century. Stoning people to death for looking at the opposite sex, guess that's not to extreme. A woman that has to have a man with them at all times...... nice to see they don't want anything to happen to her from the supermarket and back home again, sounds like owned property doesn't it?

Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I agree with your entire post. Islam teaches these folks at a young age to hat infidels. Not all but many do go to that degree. I would never go blow myself up and take as many with me for my religion. There is something very wrong with these Islamists. Very wrong.
You are just completely full of it. The vast majority of extremists actually become religious late in life and have a **** poor understanding of it. Its actually their ignorance of religion they use to justify their acts, rather than their knowledge.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:26 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
A religion made up by a pedophile.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:28 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
You are just completely full of it. The vast majority of extremists actually become religious late in life and have a **** poor understanding of it. Its actually their ignorance of religion they use to justify their acts, rather than their knowledge.
Yes you take em into your home then...............

Old 03-16-2014, 09:55 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,097,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes you take em into your home then...............
That's a pretty irrelevant statement...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies