Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:11 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times

Advertisements

Old 02-26-2011, 11:12 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post

Another liberal conspiracy theory. As if there are no power plants already in WI that might be looking for help.
Not a conspiracy theory, a questioning of the appearance of impropriety, which is a legitimate concern in politics.
Quote:

Isn't this a good sign, that there are jobs out there?
Did I say it wasn't? right back at ya.
Quote:

As to the only point in your post really worthy of discussion (the last sentence), I think we do need to reform campaign contributions. That includes contributions from ALL donors, unions included.
Ahem. I agree. Funny, that.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:12 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Privatize the rewards socialize the risk. These people actually worked for that pension and calling them deadbeats after the fact is foul beyond belief. It's not free lunch. If someone misappropriated those funds, can you name those people? It's not the unions misappropriating funds because the law scrutinizes them the same way they do 401k plans. There are laws protecting pension money. Is there a reason why those laws wouldn't apply to a government agency?

Old 02-26-2011, 11:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
So government workers are the biggest supporters of government ?

Us taxpayers are nothing more than cash cows to fund them with our taxes

Old 02-26-2011, 11:15 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
If more and more democrats are realizing the wisdom behind abolishing and curbing lobbyist influence, why continue your one upsmanship nonsense when the consequence of that action would apply to all equally?

Why can't you provide that evidence just to show you're in this forum for adult consideration of issues?
Ah, the liberal way. When they can't discuss, insult. And you challenge my adulthood.

It is very clear to ANY ADULT, the purpose of the OP is to cast aspersions on Walker, ignoring what his opponent got in campaign funding.

If this is over your head, sorry.

Are you trying to sat the dems are behind abolishing and curbing lobbyist influence? if so please provide date to support your claim.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:15 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Who was had more special interest groups in their back pocket? I report, you decide.

BARRETT, TOM | Follow The Money

WALKER, SCOTT | Follow The Money
weren't you claiming that 'bears repeating' was an uneducated statement?

what do you have to say now? why the bait-and-switch?

Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Liberals have their own way of doing things.

So what is wrong with 2 highly successful men creating jobs for those who want to work?

The brothers have created more jobs the the idiot in the WH!!!

And they were not handed 800 billion dollars to do so either like the idiot was.
Nothing like minimum wage jobs that no longer offer benefits to workers.

Quote:
Unions raise wages of unionized workers by roughly 20% and raise compensation, including both wages and benefits, by about 28%

Quote:
• The most sweeping advantage for unionized workers is in fringe benefits. Unionized workers are more likely than their nonunionized counterparts to receive paid leave, are approximately 18% to 28% more likely to have employer-provided health insurance, and are 23% to 54% more likely to be in employer-provided pension plans.
How unions help all workers

Old 02-26-2011, 11:16 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
OK, ENOUGH HIJACKING THIS THREAD TO MAKE IT ABOUT THE UNIONS.

There are plenty of threads already about that.

As the OP, I have acknowledged and addressed the "the unions do it, too" argument. Any further attempts to hijack this thread will be reported as violations of the TOS here.

Thank you.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:18 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
GE gets more from Obama than the Koch Brothers do from a mere governor.
GE has for decades contributed to both sides. It's been stuck in the middle of a tug of war power trip for decades. It developed a comprehensive portfolio to attend whatever sensible choice America would make to invest in energy. That is a reasonable interaction between commerce and government without undo influence for self service. The other plan on their drafting board is dropping their attention of America as their best customer and focusing on international markets because this customer is too stuck to move forward.

If you choose coal, they have a plan. If you choose anything, they have a product to offer. Koch bros steering fish into their private barrel is a whole other animal.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:18 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I'll bet you think that the word, bears, here should be spelled bares. Maybe your spell checker can decipher meanings as well as spellings but I doubt that. I think that you worry too much about spelling. I will watch you from now on and make sure that any little mistake from you is called to your attention.

BTW, you are welcome to do the same for me since I write from the right side of things.
the embarassing part for jojy, roy, is that 'bears' is the correct word to use in this case. not 'bares.'

Quote:
bear1    /bɛər/ Show Spelled
[bair] Show IPA
verb, bore or ( Archaic ) bare; borne or born; bear·ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to hold up; support: to bear the weight of the roof.
11. to be fit for or worthy of: It doesn't bear repeating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies