Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:02 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times

Advertisements

Koch brothers quietly open lobbying office in downtown Madison

"The billionaire brothers whose political action committee gave Gov. Scott Walker $43,000 and helped fund a multi-million dollar attack ad campaign against his opponent during the 2010 gubernatorial election have quietly opened a lobbying office in Madison just off the Capitol Square. . . The expanded lobbying effort by the Koch brothers in Wisconsin raises red flags in particular because of a little discussed provision in Walker's repair bill that would allow Koch Industries and other private companies to purchase state-owned power plants in no-bid contracts."

Plant Manager Jobs - Power Plant/Operations/Maintenance - State of , Wisconsin (http://www.thinkenergygroup.com/think.nsf/J/84239?Opendocument - broken link)

"Energy client is looking for experienced Plant Managers for multiple power plants located in Wisconsin. You need 15+ years of operations & maintenance experience in a power plant environment. You should have at least 5 years of experience managing operations & maintenance teams in an operational power plant. The ideal candidate has experience in a coal fired power plant. Salary is commensurate with experience."

Coincidence? Maybe. But I think not.

This scenario is precisely why it is so dangerous for corporations to be considered "people", and be allowed to literally buy Governors and other "elected" officials.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:32 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Koch brothers quietly open lobbying office in downtown Madison

"The billionaire brothers whose political action committee gave Gov. Scott Walker $43,000 and helped fund a multi-million dollar attack ad campaign against his opponent during the 2010 gubernatorial election have quietly opened a lobbying office in Madison just off the Capitol Square. . . The expanded lobbying effort by the Koch brothers in Wisconsin raises red flags in particular because of a little discussed provision in Walker's repair bill that would allow Koch Industries and other private companies to purchase state-owned power plants in no-bid contracts."

Plant Manager Jobs - Power Plant/Operations/Maintenance - State of , Wisconsin (http://www.thinkenergygroup.com/think.nsf/J/84239?Opendocument - broken link)

"Energy client is looking for experienced Plant Managers for multiple power plants located in Wisconsin. You need 15+ years of operations & maintenance experience in a power plant environment. You should have at least 5 years of experience managing operations & maintenance teams in an operational power plant. The ideal candidate has experience in a coal fired power plant. Salary is commensurate with experience."

Coincidence? Maybe. But I think not.

This scenario is precisely why it is so dangerous for corporations to be considered "people", and be allowed to literally buy Governors and other "elected" officials.
I wonder if they are going to hire Harry Reid's lobbyist sons!

And if you are going to give info on who gave what in this past election, please provide who gave what to Walker's opponent. Just to show you are not biased.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:10 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
If I were in WI, I'd buy the Koch Bros a drink. If they had anything to do with the collapse of the union, they deserve a metal...!

Old 02-26-2011, 10:13 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And if you are going to give info on who gave what in this past election, please provide who gave what to Walker's opponent. Just to show you are not biased.
I'd like to see that, too. Please post that, Jill61.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Pretty Obvious from Jill's OP that Walker is a prostitute for the Koch brothers!

Old 02-26-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I wonder if they are going to hire Harry Reid's lobbyist sons!

Open you own thread about such. This thread is about the Koch brothers' financial contribution to Walker. Walker trying to pass a "no bid" selling of public utility companies in the budget bill. And the Koch bothers advertising for "managers of utilities."

Even a third grader can connect these dots!

And this happens all within Walker's first 60 days in office! Holy Crap! Who else or what else is Walker going to sell WI out to?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:33 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
The billionaire brothers whose political action committee gave Gov. Scott Walker $43,000
Hmmm... let's take a look at what the public sector unions gave his Dem opponent: $90,540
...with the Education Industry giving another $179,968
...and civil servants and public officials giving another $231,610

Now what about the trade unions? How much did they give Walker's Dem opponent? $312,959

The unions seem to be trying to buy themselves better wages and benefits, using taxpayers' money.

The facts:
BARRETT, TOM | Follow The Money

Old 02-26-2011, 10:39 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The unions seem to be trying to buy themselves better wages and benefits, using taxpayers' money.

The facts:
BARRETT, TOM | Follow The Money
this bears repeating

Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
If I were in WI, I'd buy the Koch Bros a drink. If they had anything to do with the collapse of the union, they deserve a metal...!
I see you were too good to listen to your teachers. Not much has changed for you, has it?

------
Jill this is explaining plenty why the consideration of global warming discussions got deliberately derailed with 5,000 lbs of gibberish. They can't win an argument on merits they'll baffle people with BS.

I truly believe the case for coal Manchin advocates is right and should win on merits of argument, but he doesn't have to utter another word about it and will likely see legislation that far exceeds his fair proposals managing toxic output responsibly. Koch bros bought the law for themselves before he ever arrived. The next agenda for Koch will be the dissolution of the EPA. Is it official now that unmitigated avarice is in command of America? Can we stop talking around this 500lb gorilla?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this bears repeating
Boy do we need to make education a priority!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies