Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 05:40 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ooh I get it.. you didnt claim that people were standing in line, you only said people were.. I get it.. yeah.. thats not the same thing
Go back and read your own post. You do not appear to even remember what you wrote, or what you asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
I've collected signatures to get people on the ballot.. I know how it works.. But you claimed OVER A MILLION were standing in line.. ooh wait, you didnt claim it, you only said it..
Oh don't multiply your breathless goofiness. You asked a stupid question and got a snarky answer. I know that right wingers have the sense of humor of a Galapagos tortoise, but you are growing painful to watch.

Quote:
Gees.. isnt that EXACTLY the number I claimed and you said I was wrong?
No.

It is exactly the number you claimed and that I pointed out was exactly the right number for this campaign.

Should I have added a, "Duh?"

Quote:
Never stated they couldnt/wouldnt hit the number.. In fact just the opposite.. I ridiculed the fact that you only need 20-30 people to get the number.
Which is just weird that you ridicule that they are doing it perfectly.

Quote:
Anyone with an elementary education knows you can get Democrats to sign a petition against the GOP, and vice versa..
And suddenly, your entire purpose for being in this thread becomes inexplicable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 06:01 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Default Missing: GOP enthusiasm gap in Wisconsin

Gone baby gone.

Now they will see the effect of the huge party affiliation gap that Dems enjoy.

Wisconsin Poll: Republican Enthusiasm Gap Vanishes

Old 03-15-2011, 07:24 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
So funny so many non-Wisconsin people here are so pro-Walker. Not their fight. Must be getting paid per post.

The real Wisconsin people are plenty ticked off.

Once again, for the ten-thousandth time for people who REFUSE to recognize the obvious, Walker's autocratic, heavy-handed, deceptive approach is what people are so INFURIATED about. It is not "greedy" public employees.

It IS Walker's vendetta to destroy unions. It was always about the unions. Always. He tried to hide his agenda by saying it was fiscal, but when he couldn't do it that way, he put the issue in a bill that was NONFISCAL so he could achieve his goal - BREAK THE UNION - thereby proving he was lying all along. It was NEVER a fiscal issue.

I am not pro-union or against - but I am AGAINST Walker's roughshod obdurate refusal to listen to anyone. That is scary and it scares most Wisconsin voters.

Walker believes he is NOT answerable to the voters - especially if what the voters want - and most of them - at least 60% - disagree with him right now - is not what HE wants.

Someone has called him Governor Liar. I think that is an appropriate description. We can't get rid of him fast enough.
I hope we do the same thing with Florida public employee unions. Boohoo, they didn't get an increase a couple of years ago and the powers that be wanted to add a tax on people so the unions would only have to pay $100 for their insurance. For a long time I didn't have any insurance but no one paid for mine. When I did have it, I was paying over $1000 a month for a preexisting condition. Couldn't afford it and had to drop it.

The unions are out of control. Look at the GM debacle. Our money went to the blue collar unions. The white collar workers got shut out.

I don't particularly like my new governor here in Florida but I do think he is trying to bring the states finances in line. Florida is only one of 3 states in the union that has a fully funded union. Our childrens services are in a mess but the public employees only wanted to pay $100 a month for their insurance and the public employees make sure they get theirs in their pensions.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:28 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Gone baby gone.

Now they will see the effect of the huge party affiliation gap that Dems enjoy.

Wisconsin Poll: Republican Enthusiasm Gap Vanishes
Ok, bring back the democratic party.....and it's deficit spending.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There's no indication property taxes need to go higher
Exactly where would the money come from to pay for the public employee unions' demands for higher salaries and benefits cost increases? WI already has a $3.6 billion deficit thanks to Dem Governor Doyle.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There's no indication property taxes need to go higher - other than your outdated bogus study done by a Rightwing think tank.

Ken
You didnt say that with a straight face did you? Fine.. I'll let you support your position.. Where do you get the money from?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:33 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Expect dead people to start showing up at the ballot boxes if they have a recall election! The crooked thug low lifes of the left will stop at NOTHING to force government to extort taxpayer dollars to fund benefits for their sorry asses.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:38 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Expect dead people to start showing up at the ballot boxes if they have a recall election! The crooked thug low lifes of the left will stop at NOTHING to force government to extort taxpayer dollars to fund benefits for their sorry asses.
As they say in that other great democratic city, chicago, vote early and vote often.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh... this is way past being just Democrats voting against him.

You keep that crystal ball polished.

Exactly!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:17 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly where would the money come from to pay for the public employee unions' demands for higher salaries and benefits cost increases? WI already has a $3.6 billion deficit thanks to Dem Governor Doyle.
There ARE no "demands for higher salaries & benefits cost increases" - and when the time comes when some come up THEN the issue will be negoiated based on the state of the economy and the Wisconsin budget AT THAT TIME.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies