U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-21-2011, 12:33 PM
 
11,961 posts, read 12,460,123 times
Reputation: 2772

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then those people should not have an abortion.
Pretty simple.
I don't care what (generic) you feel passionately about: Keep your laws off of my body.
There would be zero abortions if only they'd legislate abstinence only for males.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Most of these same people want to deny support to the already born.
It's a disgusting double standard.
Forget the mere crime of denying support. Keeping the knife out of the back of mothers is a full time job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2011, 12:50 PM
 
13,500 posts, read 14,017,538 times
Reputation: 11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
There would be zero abortions if only they'd legislate abstinence only for males.
tell men to keep it in their pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2011, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
85,056 posts, read 99,058,791 times
Reputation: 31544
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But so many, many people strongly and passionately believe that life begins at the moment of conception and will absolutely never be talked out of it, even if by not doing an abortion in some cases may mean that two lives may die, both the baby and mother.

Oklahoma is expected to pass a law denying abortions after 20 weeks and working on another law to give personhood to fetuses.
The personhood for fetuses issue was soundly defeated by the voters of Colorado, not just once, but twice. Both times it was about a 3-1 vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 05:19 PM
 
11,961 posts, read 12,460,123 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
tell men to keep it in their pants.
But the Pope DID, and he leads by example how no one ought to be sexual in any way because according to ascetic interpretations of Paul it's 'evil' and for defective individuals. IE lead the species to extinction. Here's an alternative perspective advocating against over reaching abstinence only philosophy that challenges the wrongful interpretations of Paul. Sex and the Spiritual Christian (1 Cor. 7:1-7) | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site

And social conservatives sort of kind of say keep it in their pants but in their very next breath cheer on male sexual conquesting. They're all too happy to profit wildly selling defective condoms during fleet week. Why no punishment for lascivious males refusing to be in any way responsible for their reproductive contribution when it is males who are commanded by the Bible to keep control of themselves first? Why are prostitutes blamed for the sickness of their clients unwilling to grow up? Why does this brand of civilization we're living out reward prostitutes the most and punish honest women the most? The same could be said of Europe. It's not limited to USA.

There is more irrational ire pointed at womankind over her sexuality (even when married!) than at pedophiles, pimps, incestuous relatives, rapists, serial monogomists, polygamists... the whole herd of them combined. Why is that so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Florida
1,779 posts, read 3,389,698 times
Reputation: 944
Hilarious that some of you seem to be trying to blame abortions on men.

Unplanned preganancy? Man AND woman share equal responsibility. Women need to keep their pants zipped as much as men need to keep it in their pants. But an unplanned preganancy does automatically mean an abortion.

Abortion? As many of you are very keen to bring up "her choice, her body". It is the woman and the woman alone who decides to turn an unplanned pregnancy into an abortion. Thereore, women bear full respnsibility for abortions.

It is amazing the things feminists try blaming on men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 09:01 PM
 
9,857 posts, read 6,753,080 times
Reputation: 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Mom Denied Abortion Even As Uterus Crushed Her Fetus | The Stir

And this is exactly why it is wrong for a room of men to legislate what a woman does with her body. Because of Nebraska state law, this baby was born deformed and suffered for 15 minutes before dying mercifully.
So THAT is the ethical reason for killing them all? WOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Florida
1,779 posts, read 3,389,698 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
But the Pope DID, and he leads by example how no one ought to be sexual in any way because according to ascetic interpretations of Paul it's 'evil' and for defective individuals. IE lead the species to extinction. Here's an alternative perspective advocating against over reaching abstinence only philosophy that challenges the wrongful interpretations of Paul. Sex and the Spiritual Christian (1 Cor. 7:1-7) | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site

And social conservatives sort of kind of say keep it in their pants but in their very next breath cheer on male sexual conquesting. They're all too happy to profit wildly selling defective condoms during fleet week. Why no punishment for lascivious males refusing to be in any way responsible for their reproductive contribution when it is males who are commanded by the Bible to keep control of themselves first? Why are prostitutes blamed for the sickness of their clients unwilling to grow up? Why does this brand of civilization we're living out reward prostitutes the most and punish honest women the most? The same could be said of Europe. It's not limited to USA.

There is more irrational ire pointed at womankind over her sexuality (even when married!) than at pedophiles, pimps, incestuous relatives, rapists, serial monogomists, polygamists... the whole herd of them combined. Why is that so?
Let's not forget that a voluntary abortion is the ultimate "abortion" of responsibility. To deny someone a life because the mother does not want to deal with the responsibility.

Men aren't the ones shirking their responsibility when it comes to abortion. Yes some...key word some...men don't take parental responsibility like they should. There are child support laws to help with that...and very, very few of these men shirk responsibility by denying the child a life and the ones that do go to death row... not write books bragging about how they've done it 15 times in 17 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 09:09 PM
 
9,857 posts, read 6,753,080 times
Reputation: 3282
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Let's not forget that a voluntary abortion is the ultimate "abortion" of responsibility. To deny someone a life because the mother does not want to deal with the responsibility.

Men aren't the ones shirking their responsibility when it comes to abortion. Yes some...key word some...men don't take parental responsibility like they should. There are child support laws to help with that...and very, very few of these men shirk responsibility by denying the child a life and the ones that do go to death row... not write books bragging about how they've done it 15 times in 17 years.
Men are not given equal rights regarding a baby. The woman can choose to end it when the man wants it.
A woman can choose to keep it when the man doesn't want a baby, and then she expects and gets child support.

If women lost 5 years of life for every abortion you'd see many fewer IMO because they are selfish more than anything IMO.
The above quote exludes the .005% that are rape, incest or the life death issues of the mother to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 09:19 PM
 
11,961 posts, read 12,460,123 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Hilarious that some of you seem to be trying to blame abortions on men....

Abortion? As many of you are very keen to bring up "her choice, her body". It is the woman and the woman alone who decides to turn an unplanned pregnancy into an abortion. Thereore, women bear full respnsibility for abortions.
ABORTION CONCERN: Index: Women's Abortion Stories (http://www.abortionconcern.org/stories/index.php?storytype=forced - broken link)
Stopping Forced Abortions in America
Forced Abortions
Quote:
64 percent of abortions involve some sort of coercion.
*45 percent of men interviewed at abortion clinics recalled urging abortion, including 37 percent of married men.
*Teens are at higher risk for becoming victims of coerced abortion.
Coercion is NOT, I repeat, NOT "Pro choice" platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Unplanned preganancy? Man AND woman share equal responsibility.
Not when legislation is in session, which was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
It is amazing the things feminists try blaming on men.
It's amazing the lies you're willing to tell yourself. You didn't read this thread or even begin to comprehend the why behind anything but presume yourself the font of all wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2011, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Midwest
29,183 posts, read 18,451,264 times
Reputation: 6987
After the water breaks, there is a serious risk of infection that can cause lethal sepsis in the mother! Nebraska is the Taliban of American medicine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top