Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 PM

164 posts, read 103,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Well a) abortions only constitute three percent of all planned parenthood's activies and b) you're not the only taxpayer. I'm a taxpayer and I want my tax dollars going to fund women's health issues.

If you get control I want the same control. No money for wars. More money for pap smears, STD education, contraceptive research and a few dozen other more important activities.

Fair is fair, right?
There's a place called the county hospital they can go to.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:31 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
There's a place called the county hospital they can go to.
Who do you think funds contraceptive and reproductive health services at county hospital?

TITLE X, which you people want scrapped!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:33 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
These type discussions will eventually have an end for each and every one of us who gets involved in the process, how?:

IMO:

The day WILL come that GOD will judge those responsible for the abortions of his creations, yes his creations as he makes it all possible and with that gift he gives and then one kills it/them no matter what reason no matter how you define when so-called life begins.

To those who don't believe that GOD exists and have abortions, better hope you're correct that he doesn't.

I didn't specify any religion so please don't even think of saying that I'm speaking of it.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Who do you think funds contraceptive and reproductive health services at county hospital?

TITLE X, which you people want scrapped!
Well I guess poorer people have to be more careful and responsible don't they? Is that asking too much? Or does the tax payer have to take care of irresponsible poor people too? Oh that's right there's unemployment and welfare queens.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
These type discussions will eventually have an end for each and every one of us who gets involved in the process, how?:

IMO:

The day WILL come that GOD will judge those responsible for the abortions of his creations, yes his creations as he makes it all possible and with that gift he gives and then one kills it/them no matter what reason no matter how you define when so-called life begins.

To those who don't believe that GOD exists and have abortions, better hope you're correct that he doesn't.

I didn't specify any religion so please don't even think of saying that I'm speaking of it.
That's fine, let God judge, but do not try to legislate what a woman does with her body because it's none of your business, its her choice. She will handle it with her God as she sees fit.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:36 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
What the hell is it with men and some women that they persist in denying the emormous physical and emotionally effects of pregnancy?

This is ridiculous. Pregnancy places a huge strain on a woman's body. Pregnancy effects every single aspect of a woman's life including her ability to breath, eat, sleep and even the size of her brain. Pregnancy means gaining huge amounts of weight, watching your boobs swell up, your back ache, your feet grow, your lung power decrease, your heart strain, your blood pressure rise, your rear end expand and causes literally dozens of other changes, most of them unpleasant. All you anti-abortionists should be incredibly grateful that any woman chooses to go through with a pregnancy at all.

Can't we have one single discussion on this subject where an anti-abortionist doesn't show up to pretend otherwise?

What a pregnancy involves for anyone has no bearing on the issue.

Use birth control. Avoid pregnancy. It IS preventable.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 PM

811 posts, read 550,856 times
Here the pro-lifers go contradicting themselves again. One minute you're complaining about how abortion should be illegal and you don't want your taxes paying for abortions, but the second a women uses her ability to give birth as a way of getting welfare benefits by having a bunch of kids INSTEAD of an abortion you want to complain about that too.

If abortion was illegal, best believe you would have A LOT more babies being born who's parents can't afford them, and guess what, that means more welfare from tax dollars. But I guess you all didn't cross that bridgeyet when you were too busy being all high and mighty with your control hunger selves.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Planned Parenthood is still going to be on the chopping block. I will not have my tax dollars go to any organization that does or condones abortions. I've written my Representative to make sure they are on the ball.
Know this........without Planned Parenthood and their birth control services.....there will be more unplanned pregnancies and more abortions.......hope you can live with the fact that you had a hand in causing MORE abortions.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:43 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Well I guess poorer people have to be more careful and responsible don't they? Is that asking too much? Or does the tax payer have to take care of irresponsible poor people too? Oh that's right there's unemployment and welfare queens.
These people you see as sub-human ARE being responsible and careful when they choose to abort - thereby saving taxpayers billions of dollars in the long run. Do folks like you actually believe we have a population shortage or something? Those "queens" seem to have it grand according to you - maybe you would like to trade places with them and live in tenement housing in an efficiency apartment?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Know this........without Planned Parenthood and their birth control services.....there will be more unplanned pregnancies and more abortions.......hope you can live with the fact that you had a hand in causing MORE abortions.
Fear mongering? You have absolutely no data to back up your assertion that there will be more abortions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies