Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Nope.

If it's not your pregnancy, it's NONE of your business.

Nothing could be more straightforward.
At what exact point SHOULD it be other peoples' business? After the cord is cut? When the baby exits the birth canal? Or at some other point? If you can't answer this question, maybe you need to rethink your position.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:03 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
More stupidity codified in words.

You go out and have sex. You go out and get pregnant, and all of the sudden if I am not willing to pay for your actions, I have to acquiesce to your demands to commit infanticide.

It is YOUR child, NOT MINE.

I don't demand you pay the fuel tab for my sportfisher ($3,000 a month or more), so why insist that I should pay for your baby.

The word you are looking for is

SSEEEELLLLFFFIIIISSSSHHHHNNNEEEEESSSSS on the part of the pro-infanticide crowd.
Once again read what I said, it is nothing that I made up it's reality. If abortion is outlawed in it's entirety there will be an increase in social programs, if not well there will be an increase in crime thus the increase in the prison population. READ: more social programs

I never said that it was right or wrong. It seems that we are speaking in two different languages morality verses reality.........and judging from this post they will never meet.

This is just my opinion and some of you might not like it, well here it goes.

Abortions should automatic be allowed in cases of PROVEN rape/incest and cases where it is life or death for the mother. This must proven BEFORE the end of the first trimester except the latter when the physician deemed necessary. Anyone else must receive pre-counselling on the procedure and it MUST be performed with the first 8 weeks and they must be held accountable for 75% of the cost.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
At what exact point SHOULD it be other peoples' business? After the cord is cut? When the baby exits the birth canal? Or at some other point?
That's a legal position that neither you nor I can make.

Quote:
If you can't answer this question, maybe you need to rethink your position.
My position is that a woman's pregnancy is her business.

If you think otherwise, maybe your position is control freakish.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,656,959 times
Why would you have sex if you didn't want a baby or knew you would not be able to take care of the child??? Thats always a possabilty if your having sex. The only 100% way to not get pregnant and never have to get an abortion is abstinence. Abortion is the easy way out, it makes it so these women can have sex whenever they want, but never have to take personal responsabilty. It seems like people don't want to live with the consequences of their actions or allow other people to not have to, thats what it seems like to me. I don't care if its a law or not, I think it is wrong unless the mothers life is also at risk. Than she should be able to choose since it could potentially really end her life. Im on the fence about in cases of rape or incest maybe there could be some middle ground found there idk. But if you think its alright just because the law says so, than your saying slavery was perfectly fine since law once said you could own slaves in Southern states(For the record I think slavery was a terrible thing and a dark period in our country's history, just using an analogy).

Old 04-11-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
As soon as the baby exits mom's body, it isn't. Before then, society has a responsibility to prevent harm to that child.

An internally inconsistent position.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Why would you have sex if you didn't want a baby or knew you would not be able to take care of the child??? Thats always a possabilty if your having sex. The only 100% way to not get pregnant and never have to get an abortion is abstinence. Abortion is the easy way out, it makes it so these women can have sex whenever they want, but never have to take personal responsabilty. It seems like people don't want to live with the consequences of their actions or allow other people to not have to, thats what it seems like to me. I don't care if its a law or not, I think it is wrong unless the mothers life is also at risk. Than she should be able to choose since it could potentially really end her life. Im on the fence about in cases of rape or incest maybe there could be some middle ground found there idk. But if you think its alright just because the law says so, than your saying slavery was perfectly fine since law once said you could own slaves in Southern states(For the record I think slavery was a terrible thing and a dark period in our country's history, just using an analogy).

As I've seen repeatedly, the so-called "pro-life" argument is really about controlling other folks' sex lives. Butt out.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:16 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,656,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
As I've seen repeatedly, the so-called "pro-life" argument is really about controlling other folks' sex lives. Butt out.
Oh what a rebuttal. Im not trying to butt into people's sex lives. I want people to be responsible for their actions though, if you don't want a child don't have sex its that simple. If you have sex theres going to be a possabilty your going to get pregnant if you are a woman. This can not be disputed it is the truth.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:16 PM

183 posts, read 168,409 times
Jill61....again I have never posed apaposition for or against abortion. I only said it was killing, a side you agreed with in your last post, despite the reasons. However I believe that using self-defense because of health risk is a slightly week side to take. One could say that the pregnancy was a side effect of intercourse, therefore the health risk associated with sex would include all of those included in prgnancy. Be like inviting a thief to your house and telling him to steel something, then shooting him in self defense. In a castle law state that is.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:23 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Before it's born, society has a responsibility to it, but after it's born, society is absolved of responsibility. You think that's a logical argument??????
Can you show me where I said anything close to suggesting society is "absolved of responsibibilty"? I'm honestly not surprised that you created a strawman argument from my statement.

In the context of mom doing what she wants with her precious body, yes--society has a say when it comes to her killing a baby in the process.

After the baby is born, absolutely, we have the responsibility to make sure he/she isn't harmed.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
As soon as the baby exits mom's body, it isn't. Before then, society has a responsibility to prevent harm to that child.
YOU said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies