Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:14 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
So, some nice gal visiting a third world country is abducted, raped and mistakenly seeded. She returns to her nice quiet home in Iowa to discover she is now sharing her body with an unknown child. Not only does that child not speak english, it can't even make decisions, much less communicate thoughts.

So, what's your point?
That happened to someone I know...she had an abortion after she got back home and found out she was pregnant.

I am not going to judge.

I am still very on the fence about abortions. I don't know people and their intentions...I don't know what motivates them to do such thing so I can't judge.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:15 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,931 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
The entire argument revolves around when a human being comes into existence, either at birth or at conception.

There have been numerous threads about this topic already that haven't resolved the argument, this one won't be any different.

I believe that the only reason for this post is that the Republicans' failed attempt to defund Planned Parenthood has roused the anti-abortion wing of their constituency.
Planned Parenthood Poised to Fight Funding Cuts with Powerful Political Machinery - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets
Quote:
In 2010, Planned Parenthood and a California affiliate together spent more than $700,000 on federal lobbying efforts, a Center for Responsive Politics analysis of federal lobbying records finds. By comparison, all other organizations that primarily advocate for abortion rights collectively spent $247,280 on federal lobbying efforts during the same period, according to the Center's research.

Planned Parenthood also recorded $905,796 in independent expenditures during the 2010 cycle -- money spent in support of, or in opposition to, federal political candidates, largely through advertisements. The top beneficiaries of this money were Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.).

Representatives from Planned Parenthood could not be reached for comment about how the organization intends to interact with federal government officials in coming weeks.
So, why is Planned Parenthood using my tax dollars for political purposes? Wouldn't they be better of using the money for their actual mission in society?

Last edited by Willsson; 04-09-2011 at 08:35 AM..

Old 04-09-2011, 08:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
That happened to someone I know...she had an abortion when she got back home and found out she was pregnant.

I am not going to judge.
I am sorry your friend was hurt but, this also could have happened in the US.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:17 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,967 times
It's the same argument in regards to free speech, gun rights, privacy.

As long as you keep your mouth shut, don't have guns or have an expectation of privacy you'll be fine. You can either interact with society or within your own social circle. Engage in private transactions or interactions with others.

Or keep to yourself, do not venture out into public and/or expect to be left alone within your own home and it's protections.

You can't do both.

So, what "WE" do is to allow you to speak, to protect yourself and others, and to have privacy from unlawful searches, even though YOU have engaged in commerce, interaction or engaged with others in your own private and personal actions/deeds.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:19 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
If the child grows up hearing English, they will speak English.

I can not believe to said that!!!!
The entire premise is regarding a child before birth. Jzzzz, the child is not going to be speaking anything while in the womb.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Planned Parenthood Poised to Fight Funding Cuts with Powerful Political Machinery - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets
So, why is Planned Parenthood using my tax dollars for political purposes? Wouldn't they be better of using the money for their actual mission in society?

Why did the financial firms whom the taxpayer bailed out, and then used part of the monies to lobby Congress for more lax regulations and to prevent other regulations from allowing them to bring the United States to the brink of disaster over and over again.

Wouldn't they be better off using the money for their actual mission of securing the financial markets so that other corporations could actually begin to bring the jobs back to the economy and thus also help society?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:22 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
If the child grows up hearing English, they will speak English.

I can not believe to said that!!!!
OMG, are you seriously telling me fetuses cannot speak while in the womb? But I am pregnant now and I keep hearing voices and noises coming from my mid section!

Seriously, I cannot believe YOU missed the point!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:22 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
That said then there is no excuse.

Baby killing is 100% effective though.
Doesn't make it right.
Nor do two gametes uniting instantly make a baby.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I didn't casually ignore anything because I really don't care if there is no 100% effective method.
I am here to discuss how it is now only "your" body.
Unbelievable to , AGAIN, explain that women are humans...NOT broodstock.

Becoming pregnant does NOT make you public property.

If it does, as OP asserts, then I want full control of what pregnant women eat, drink, who they marry, what kind of car they drive, and IF they ever have another child, etc.

If a MAN, thinks HE'S pregnant then I want to control him, too! He gets a vasectomy, NOW! He marries the mother, stays with her forever, spends every waking hour with his children, I tell him who he votes for, he is shot if he hits her, etc.

I want to make "Life Rules" , too!!
Fair is fair!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:25 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,150,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Also, I would like to know how it is okay to abort a child without the fathers consent after he was allowed to place his seed into that body.
???
You sound very out of touch with sexual relation standards in 2011. I'm sure most of those men who didn't know wouldn't even want to know. Not saying it's right or wrong but that's the way it is and there's nothing one person will do about it. The man didn't care about planting his seed because all the man wanted was some p***y.

Last edited by bradjl2009; 04-09-2011 at 08:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies