Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 09:33 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It has been determined that abortion is a right in Roe v. Wade. It is also been determined that the only people that should have a say in the pregnancy are the mother and the father. The mother bears the burden of the pregnancy. Because of that she has a greater interest in the pregnancy then the father does. In decisions involving two people where one has a greater interest, that person gets to call the shot since if the two ever disagree, the one with a greater interest at stake should be favored.

For that reason HER body is viewed as important.
But since it is his baby that she allowed into her "body", he should have the choice to raise his baby after she delivers it because it may be her body but it is still HIS baby. She may go through the 9 months but he will be raising the child and he should have his choice too. I think we would all agree that raising a child is harder than having the child. He should have his choice too.
As long as his child is there I do not see how it can be just her decision by saying it is her body, she is the one that let him in.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Not gonna lie: when I found out I was pregnant, my first reaction was "I have to have an abortion". The father felt the same way. I decided to keep the baby ( I am 8 weeks away from delivering now). The father was against my keeping the baby. But after a while he got "used" to the idea. We are happy and thrilled now.

We were both terrified of having children. I never wanted one and I didn't think I was going to get pregnant seeing that PCOS and Endometriosis run in my family and none of my female cousins have been able to conceive for years ( A couple in their 20's, one in her 30's and another one in her 40's. ) So I am the first female to have a child in my family in 23 years

I do see this as a blessing now but I can't judge someone who has an abortion because when I first found out, that is what I wanted to do.

Like I've said before, I don't know what motivates them to do it.
That will all change after your child is born. Congratulations.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:39 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Default error in judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
So you think that making one 10 minute error in judgment justifies 18+ years of penance? Should we really be made to suffer for DECADES because we permitted someone we (hopefully) love to have a physical relationship with us? I hardly think that makes any sense. Even prisoners get time off for good behavior.

20yrsinBranson
1. If you make an error in judgment, and drive your car directly into someone elses car and kill them, do you think that "we really be made to suffer for DECADES"?

2. If you make a 1/10th of a second mistake with a carving knife and slice your wrist down to the bone, how long do you live with THAT mistake?

BTW, the 2 above examples, are accident's/mistakes. In the case of # 1, if you are drunk, it's no longer just a mistake, it's a decision you made, JUST LIKE HAVING SEX, and if you make a decision that has consequences for that action, then yes, you should live with those consequences. You know the consequences, and you chose to accept them when you performed the action associated with those consequences.

Now, before you whine about my comments, note that I previously said, your body, I don't care what you do. I am simply answering your question with an honest answer, and I believe just that, I am just answering your question.

By the same token, let's turn this question around a bit..

Guy and girl take 10 minutes, she gets pregnant and decides to keep the baby, and HE says that he shouldn't be held liable for the next 18 years of HIS life, because of HER decision.

2 people make the decision, both people are equally responsible, so why is it when a woman decides to keep the baby people tell the man that he should accept her decision and ruin his life, but if she decides not to keep the baby, her question is why should the 10 minutes act ruin HER life for the next 18 years?

Last edited by Darkatt; 04-09-2011 at 09:49 AM..

Old 04-09-2011, 09:47 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Bottom line: most staunch anti-abortionist are men. Men will never get pregnant. And they will never, ever, ever, control my decision. Men have no control over the pregnancy and abortion situation and it's killing them.

This abortion argument is more about a man's control over women than it is about a fetus.
This is about as ridiculous as any statement i've ever read.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Also, I would like to know how it is okay to abort a child without the fathers consent after he was allowed to place his seed into that body.
???
He didn't own the land, and wasn't even a tenant farmer.

He was merely a dickaliterian.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
1. If you make an error in judgment, and drive your car directly into someone elses car and kill them, do you think that "we really be made to suffer for DECADES"?

2. If you make a 1/10th of a second mistake with a carving knife and slice your wrist down to the bone, how long do you live with THAT mistake?

BTW, the 2 above examples, are accident's/mistakes. In the case of # 1, if you are drunk, it's no longer just a mistake, it's a decision you made, JUST LIKE HAVING SEX, and if you make a decision that has consequences for that action, then yes, you should live with those consequences. You know the consequences, and you chose to accept them when you performed the action associated with those consequences.

Now, before you whine about my comments, note that I previously sais, your body, I don't care what you do. I am simply answering your question with an honest answer.

By the same token, let's turn this question around a bit..

Guy and girl take 10 minutes, she gets pregnant and decides to keep the baby, and HE says that he shouldn't be held liable for the next 18 years of HIS life, because of HER decision.

2 people make the decision, both people are equally responsible, so why is it when a woman decides to keep the baby people tell the man that he should accept her decision and ruin his life, but if she decides not to keep the baby, her question is why should the 10 minutes act ruin HER life for the next 18 years?
Unfortunately personal responsibility only starts after the deed has been completed for abortionists.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
But since it is his baby that she allowed into her "body", he should have the choice to raise his baby after she delivers it because it may be her body but it is still HIS baby. She may go through the 9 months but he will be raising the child and he should have his choice too. I think we would all agree that raising a child is harder than having the child. He should have his choice too.
As long as his child is there I do not see how it can be just her decision by saying it is her body, she is the one that let him in.
Everything is negotiable.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:57 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Default The "It is MY body" excuse for Abortion

My take:

Somewhere on your body you'll find a wallet (or purse).

Use that to alleviate your condition and stay the hell out of mine.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
This is a major issue. I hear all the crap about men trying to control women, blah blah blah, but men should have a say in what is happening to the fetus that the woman and man created together. I could argue that is the women that want have all of the control and this stems from a feminist power ploy.

What gives the woman the right to abort that fetus without the consent of the man that she allowed to inseminate her? If she decided not to terminate the man will be fully responsible for that child without any exception.

I understand the exception of rape, and if there is a case of rape, I believe that the woman should have a choice to abort the pregnancy.
Why/

Aren't you against abortion?

Abortion is abortion, same thing no matter who impregnates the woman....

Forcing a woman to have a baby she doesn't want is one step away from forcing a woman to have a baby she doesn't want....

Old 04-09-2011, 09:59 AM

And now a pause . . .

YouTube - Where oh where Can My Baby Be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies