Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 07:57 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,730,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
none have bothered to answer the questions posed to them on these last 3 pages either just how does abortion effect their daily lives
Abortion has the same daily affect on society as does all other forms of morally reprehensible actions. Some are condoned by society, some are condemned. That does not change their repugnance.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:59 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,042,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Excuse me, it is something most men will not accept........and you know it, we all know it.

Men want control.....not responsibility.
the anti choice man does want to control, be the boss but they will never admit its about control, cuz it would only make them look bad as it should

3rd world mind set. keep em in the kitchen where they belong. if yer' gonna let them have sex it will be for bearing children only. if she is sl*t enough to have sex without marriage and gets pregnant, let her have and raise the bast*rd on her own.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 PM

577 posts, read 900,899 times
Oh gosh, I've heard this argument so many times before.

If a woman "owes" her body to the fetus for survival (and let's assume she was using BC that failed so we can't "blame her" for getting pregnant), certainly YOU can give me your kidney for survival? After all it probably won't kill you to give me one, right? Or heck, sit down and give me your blood. My survival is as important as yours, right?

Or, surely you can empty your bank account in order to save my life? Your financial integrity is far less important than a human life, right?

Look, I love babies as much as anyone, but realistically we must have a world where people maintain integrity over their bodies and their property. Ultimately it is the most humane system in our very difficult world.

And since you threw out a tired old argument I'll throw one out too. If pro lifers care so much about children why don't they put their passion into feeding, clothing, educating, and loving the millions of destitute lonely children, already born and suffering, the world over!

Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Did you run some sort of National poll I wasn't aware of. If so please post.
Just look around at all of the single mothers out there who are struggling to raise children on their own..........because the fathers are MIA.

Look at all of the fathers who will do anything to avoid paying child support.

Look at all of the fathers out there who whine about having to pay child support.

Can you deny the fact that mothers have to go to court to try to FORCE men to contribute to the care of their children?

Look at all of the women and children on welfare because the man who fathered those children will not pay to support them.

Do you live in a bubble somewhere?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Abortion has the same daily affect on society as does all other forms of morally reprehensible actions. Some are condoned by society, some are condemned. That does not change their repugnance.
morally reprehensible? condoned? some condemned? repugnant? sounds like a huge grey area and not much effect on a real life other than to "ponder" on societies ills. abortion really doesn't hurt you personally.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
the anti choice man does want to control, be the boss but they will never admit its about control, cuz it would only make them look bad as it should

3rd world mind set. keep em in the kitchen where they belong. if yer' gonna let them have sex it will be for bearing children only. if she is sl*t enough to have sex without marriage and gets pregnant, let her have and raise the bast*rd on her own.
Are personal disparages all you have left for this conversation. Too bad.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
morally reprehensible? condoned? some condemned? repugnant? sounds like a huge grey area and not much effect on a real life other than to "ponder" on societies ills. abortion really doesn't hurt you personally.
Sorry that I am not selfish enough for you.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:09 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,267,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Everyone in this thread who believe that a woman should be forced to be pregnant (no matter the reason how or why she got pregnant).

The OP pretty much communicates that a woman is nothing more than a vessel to carry a "man's seed"

I'm sorry, but this is 2011 . If you want to treat women like 2nd class citizens, then find a time machine and go back to the 1600's
Pregnancy is preventable.

Don't use abortion as birth control b/c you were too stupid to use birth control while "in the heat of the moment" and couldn't control yourself.

Double up - women can get IUD's, take BC pills, get a shot, and the boys can even wear condoms!

Unless in the case of rape or possible maternal demise from carrying baby to term, - abortion is used more than it isn't as birth control.

That IS a problem.

Hand out free anything you want to stop stupid from procreating. I'll all for that.

Doesn't mean they'll USE it.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Are personal disparages all you have left for this conversation. Too bad.
this was a general statement a segment of anti choice men who want to control women. it was not directed at you personally too close to home or do you doubt there are men that want women to have little control over their daily lives? let alone be a true partner in life.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:13 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,446,608 times
Quote:

Truth supports itself without rationalizations.
However, falsehoods are unsupportable, as therefore is your argument that abortion is murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies