Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 PM

613 posts, read 815,510 times

Advertisements

I voted no because it's a STUPID poll and I wanted to give a stupid answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 12:40 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Why should any of us so-called "birthers" feel embarrassed for having a legitimate concern? This is an issue which Obama should have put to bed a LONG time ago, but instead, like a naughty little boy playing games, he allowed it to grow and grow. That, in my opinion, was irresponsible of him.

If he turned out to be a fraud would YOU be embarrassed?

Is this suddenly produced long-form birth certificate real? I don't know. I'll wait for experts to examine it, as should have been done BEFORE it was released, in order to REALLY put an end to this argument.

For two years he has sat back and watched as this country became divided over something that could have been dealt with swiftly.
The issue WAS put to bed a long time ago. Three years ago he released his OFFICIAL STATE CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE, which is valid under this little thing we call THE LAW. This was over three years ago, but some people are lunatics, racists, bat sh** conspiracy theorists, ignorant, don't understand or comprehend actual legal documents and the law.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Actually, what it is is a big diversion ... a red herring. Let's all focus on the Birth Certificate .... and not look at the real issue.

The real issue is that his father was a native born Kenyan, which made him a British Subject. To be a natural born citizen (the qualifier for eligibility to hold office as president or VP) ... and according to the men who sponsored the 14th amendment ... a natural born citizen is a person who was born within the jurisdiction of the United States, to parents (plural) owing no allegiance to a foreign sovereignty. Clearly, under that definition, Obama's father being a British subject violates that criteria, regardless of where junior was actually born.
Epic fail. He was born in the U.S that makes him a natural born U.S citizen.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanLeader View Post
Trump was the only one who could make Obama show his birth certificate. Trump is the only person that had the voice strong enough to stand up and pressure the Obama administration to show this document. Trumps strong voice and leadership would be great for America. We need people like Trump willing to stand up to the status quo.

Thank you Donald Trump for forcing Obama to be clear with America.
Tump had nothing to do with this, he should not take credit, he is an a**hat.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Obama is counting on the conservatives to make a big deal of this and not believe it. This was a brilliant, calculated move by Obama and his team.
Well, our President will be counting for a long time.
Now, he will simply have to run on his record and the
state of the nation.
That's what conservatives are counting on

Old 04-27-2011, 12:45 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,039 times
Some of you people are dense.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:47 PM

157 posts, read 140,768 times
He's lying. This birth certificate is a fake. I don't believe anything he says.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:51 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Obama is very clever in making it look like he gave in to Trump's demand. This raises Trump's stock in the GOP nomination process, which means it will be a nasty process for the supposed front runners Romney and Huckabee. Obama knows that Trump will never win the GOP nomination, much less the general election, but by giving Trump some credibility, he becomes more competitive against Romney. The idiots in the Republican party will destroy each other before they even get the chance to face Obama in the general election.
I like the way you think

Old 04-27-2011, 12:53 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurynome View Post
It was never an issue. It was a veil used to attack a man for being black. You can not say Obama is a no good Ni gg er so you say hes not American, he was not born here. Thats all it ever was and like the idiot woman at a town hall meeting who called for Obama to be removed because he had not BC and then sang the star spangled banner or some other song[badly] they just don't like people with dark sun tans.

Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of. The birther issue as much as it is a nonissue never had f'k all to do with Obama being black. In fact for white guys like me I could care less what Obongos skin color is. In fact I wish he would have been white because it's really sad how hoodwinked blacks were by this guy. It's a shame such a loser, do nothing puppet on a string community organizer from Illinois was this country's first black President. Or should I not be surprised that our first black president was a complete failure? LMAO!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:53 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Yet another reason why I don't spend time on the P.O.S., er, I mean P.O.C. threads here.

We got wars, a down economy, $4million dollar a gallon gas, an environment/natural element to this planet going down the drain some people don't seem to care about, a split country, reality tv, crime, poverty, reality tv, and the dumbest, fattest kids in the world.... and you people are most concerned with where a president was born?

We're all dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies