Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:29 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times

Advertisements

If anyone is interested, here are copies of requests and replies for a wavier to obtain Obama's long form.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...espondence.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 01:29 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanLeader View Post
Trump was the only one who could make Obama show his birth certificate. Trump is the only person that had the voice strong enough to stand up and pressure the Obama administration to show this document. Trumps strong voice and leadership would be great for America. We need people like Trump willing to stand up to the status quo.

Thank you Donald Trump for forcing Obama to be clear with America.
Yeah we need someone who distracts us from the REAL issues that plague our country and instead focus on myth and urban legends. I believe he should move on to Mitt Romney's father who was born in Mexico which makes him part Mexican. Trump is a moron who no one respects. Get a haircut.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:32 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It doesn't matter what it showed...

Thank you for proving my point for me very well indeed.

What a telling comment.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
I think it is embarrassing that the President didn't tell them all to shove it.

He really has no backbone whatsoever.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:34 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Yeah we need someone who distracts us from the REAL issues that plague our country and instead focus on myth and urban legends. I believe he should move on to Mitt Romney's father who was born in Mexico which makes him part Mexican. Trump is a moron who no one respects. Get a haircut.
We already have that in obama.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
His timing is strategic.

The 2012 campaign has officially started.

Now all the undecideds will at least regard the birthers, and by extension the GOP (fairly or not) as being biased, unreasonable kooks.

As the Russians say, "Obama is ****ting on you from a high tree."
Actually, by taking the wind out of Trump's sails he has done the GOP a favor.

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think it is embarrassing that the President didn't tell them all to shove it.

He really has no backbone whatsoever.

And if he didn't show it, then they'd push even more, causing a massive gridlock for other matters.

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It doesn't matter what it showed, it matters who made him show it. Obama had plenty of opportunities over the last 2 years to do it. As he said it has proven a distraction. But instead of getting rid of the distraction 2 years ago he elected not to.

Your defense of Obama becomes more and more elaborate, but the fact remains a TV game show host forced him to do what the press could not. It simply doesn't show Obama to have much intestinal fortitude, You can spin it iany way you wish, but Obama is damaged goods.

By the way the right is no more involved in this than the left is involved with the truthers!

President Obama made Donald Trump lick his boots in public and the birthers are now morphing into "deniers"....its so sad

Old 04-27-2011, 01:36 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Actually, by taking the wind out of Trump's sails he has done the GOP a favor.
Possibly an unintended side effect.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
For God's sake, let it the hell go.

Seriously, how deranged do you have to be to focus on this b.s. when there are much more pressing issues to worry about.

Get a life.
That's what Obama said and then moved on to the more pressing issues of appearing on Oprah and going to NY for a fundraiser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies