Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,922,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Obama is counting on the conservatives to make a big deal of this and not believe it. This was a brilliant, calculated move by Obama and his team.

I agree. The timing of the release was perfect with birther nutters like Trump and Corsi pouring the rhetorical equivalent of gasoline on the hot coals of insanity left behind by the first wave of loons like Orly Taitz, this makes anyone associated with the whole movement look like Holocaust deniers and moon landing conspiracy theorists.

There is no way that this release will appease the birthers, which make up a sizeable chunk of the GOP base. The game of moving the goalposts, questioning the authenticity, etc will now begin in earnest and last for several months. The GOP/Tea Party actively kept this issue alive and they will realize too late that for many of their base, it will take more than 100% ironclad, definitive proof to make them believe that Obama is an American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 02:38 PM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurynome View Post
Really? This is about as stupid a statement as I have ever heard. So you do not show any facts but throw out some wild accusation about how bad Obama is and then compare that to the loss of 406000 lives lost and 600000 wounded? Really? Are you that dumb or do you just play it on the forum?

Thanks for the kind words. Of course, I was referring to economic damage. And of course, Obama is worse for the nation than the Germans and Japanese in WW2.

It is good to see that liberals, being tolerant and accepting,are always quick to call everyone else "stupid". This false sense of intellectual superiority, along with a strange pre-occupation with spelling errors defines the illness of liberalism. Given that I am "stupid", I will match my degrees, academic record, publications, and IQ points anytime. It is not necessarily flattering when one has a marginal intellect compared to those who are "stupid".

Perhaps, as you are discounting the damage that Obama has done, you could review all the benefits of-

1. $14.5 trillion in debt
2. downgrading of US credit rating due to his reckless policies
3. unemployment at 9%
4. proposes $1.6 trillion deficit for 2012, when at the same time he is talking about fiscal "responsibility"
5. inability to address the illegal immigration issue
6. aimless foriegn policy which at one point condemns involvement in the middle east, while at the same time entering a war in Libya
7. inability to act in the Gulf oil spill
8. suing states attempting to enforce US immigration laws, which the president himself ignores
9. Limiting exploration of US coal and oil while gasoline prices soar
10. failure to deal with flawed trade polices of NAFTA and China most favored nation trade status, despite campaign promises to do so
11. violation of US campaing laws by bribing a senate candidate to drop out of an election
12. barring prosecution of the Black Panthers in disrupting elections
13. accepting illegal real estate bribes in Chicago in exchange for political favors.

We snapped back pretty quickly after Pearl Harbor. It may take decades to recover from Obama.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:40 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,021,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Then.....how did he waive that law? For months now we heard from the left/media the governor COULD NOT, by law, release the LF.

But we see how easy it was. Obama could have done it years ago, but he took a gamble that letting the issue boil under the surface would benefit him politically. Exactly the opposite happened.
uh i think he just didn't want to cave to the pressure of a lunatics as it sets a bad precedent. there was no reason to release this document. what he already released satisfied his requirement to run for office and would have also let him get a passport, etc. why should he be forced to release a document that no one else was forced to release?

also how do you figure the opposite happened? i doubt he did to benefit politically, but it seems like in the long run that's exactly what happened. now so many of his harshest critics look like fools. total win.

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Then.....how did he waive that law? For months now we heard from the left/media the governor COULD NOT, by law, release the LF.

But we see how easy it was. Obama could have done it years ago, but he took a gamble that letting the issue boil under the surface would benefit him politically. Exactly the opposite happened.
The governor did not waive the law. The Hawaiian authorities acceded to a waiver request by the person whose privacy was being protected by the law.

And Obama could have requested a waiver earlier, but years ago??? He submitted a perfectely valid birth certificate to the public years ago. Which was not accepted by birthers. That certainly does not mean he should kowtow to those birthers.

The reason for doing it now should be perfectly clear. The relentless birthers were not accepting reality, a well-known public figure with a vast audience was claiming birther beliefs as his own, a birther book is poised to be released which could be expected to add fuel to the fire. So Obama chose this time to extinguish that fire. Certainly there will be some embers left glowing (or glowering). There are people who are very emotionally vested in this debate. However, as Obama is already embarked on campaigning for his next term, reducing that fire to embers was a political strategy.

Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,922,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Two questions:

1) Why is his father's nationality listed as "African"? Africa is a place (a continent), not a nation ... there are however many nations in Africa. In 1961 Kenya was still a British colony and thus his nationality would have been listed as British.

2) Why is his country of origin listed as "Kenya, East Africa"? In 1961 Kenya was still a British colony and it's official name was the Colony and Protectorate of British Kenya.

These two things lead me to question the document that was released this morning.
You make good points. These truly are the types of questions that can make you scratch your head.

I mean really, how does a flag flap in the breeze on the moon?

Old 04-27-2011, 02:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
His legacy is how beleivable and authentic forgeries are these days!
Obama's Birth Certificate - FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/politics/2011/04/27/obamas-birth-certificate/ - broken link)

How funny!
How funny that you still don't get it. As long as Hawaii stands by the veracity of the birth certificates, birthers were not challenging the President, they were challenging the state of Hawaii. Without any grounds to do so.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:44 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,766,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

And Obama could have requested a waiver earlier, but years ago??? He submitted a perfectely valid birth certificate to the public years ago. Which was not accepted by birthers. That certainly does not mean he should kowtow to those birthers.
That's right, your explanation notwithstanding, he should never have kowtowed for any reason.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:46 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,976 times
This is the most pressing issue which the conservatives have at the moment? Southern Strategy 2.0

Old 04-27-2011, 02:47 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,766,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Sure glad we have the right to keep us in line.

Fair and balanced baby, fair and balanced......

Old 04-27-2011, 02:48 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
now you are WRONG, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
GuyNTexas may be on to something here. Then Sen Obama signed SR511 in 2008 confirming that John McCain was a "natural born citizen".

A natural born citizen is defined as:

1. Born on American soil (which includes U.S. overseas military bases); and
2. Born of parents who were American citizens at the time of the child’s birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies