Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel now that Obama has released his long form birth certificate?
I WAS and birther, I am convinced and I am ready to move on. 4 2.22%
I am still a birther and will just look for something new to complain about. 6 3.33%
I was never really a birther but I will continue to aggitate because it is fun to watch. 16 8.89%
I was not a birther and I was already convinced. 154 85.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:03 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Seems to me he should have shown it to EVERYONE the minute the question was originally raised. He isn't a king or immune from the law....so it is his responsibility to show proper documentation. I can't get a job without out it....neither should he.

I'm not being anti-Obama. I think this holds regardless of who is running for any public office.
Glory, the certified copy from the Hawaii Department of Health that he released during the campaign is "proper documentation." It's all he was entitled to by law, just like any other citizen.

In order to get the long form released, President Obama had to send his lawyers to Hawaii with a written request to make an exception to their state law and release the long form copy.

The document he provided from the beginning was absolutely, positively, 100% sufficient to get a passport, a driver license, a Social Security card or a job -- any job, including that of President of the United States of America.

To say he shouldn't be immune from the law is counter to reality. In fact, in order to get his long form, he had to circumvent the law! So, what, are the birthers now going to say, "Who does 0'Bambi Hussein think he is, that he can just get around the law any time he wants?"

Is that what we're in for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 12:03 PM

22,186 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Who said anything about that? My point is that all candidates should have to prove these minimum requirements before being allowed to run. I am not questioning the validity of President Obama as President. I am making this as a general statement. I don't see why anyone would be opposed to this.
I'm sure all candidates have had to do that in the past, with the FEC when they file and stuff like that. Releasing it to the public is not something that was done before, but releasing his state certified official Hawaii birth certificate to the public should have put this all to bed and ended everything, but some people were too insane to understand such things as meeting the requirements, legal documents and the law.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Actually, what it is is a big diversion ... a red herring. Let's all focus on the Birth Certificate .... and not look at the real issue.

The real issue is that his father was a native born Kenyan, which made him a British Subject. To be a natural born citizen (the qualifier for eligibility to hold office as president or VP) ... and according to the men who sponsored the 14th amendment ... a natural born citizen is a person who was born within the jurisdiction of the United States, to parents (plural) owing no allegiance to a foreign sovereignty. Clearly, under that definition, Obama's father being a British subject violates that criteria, regardless of where junior was actually born.
I'm so glad we have a constitutional scholar here on this thread. You must be surprised that only you picked up on this and yet the entire US judiciary and the Justice Department have completely missed this!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanLeader View Post
Obama should have made his birth certificate visible years ago. He lived in other countries throughout his life. Why not make this issue clear. Thank you Donald Trump for forcing Obama to comply. You are the only one with authoritative influence and exercise power that forced Obama to submit.

We know that America lacks leadership. We all have seen Obamas willingness to be subservient throughout the globe with world leaders.
So he was born Barack Obama. How did he become Barry Soetero? On whose passport? If he was Barry Soetero in another country, how did he become Barack Obama the President?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
African isn't a race. It should have been Negro (his mothers race was listed as Caucasian).
Have you ever spoken to an African or ever seen an African BC?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Hawaii statehood is to blame. If hawaii hadn't become a state, Hawaii-born Obama would be a foreigner, and would not be POTUS today. Whose bright idea was it to make Hawaii a US state anyway?
You forget his mother is a naturally born citizen...

He'd still be here

Old 04-27-2011, 12:08 PM

22,186 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
He is in the most important office in this country, he absolutely should have to prove he's eligible. And doesn't throwing around the terms 'bigot' and 'racist' ever get old to you? Nevermind, stupid question.
No other President has released their birth certificate to the public. The official Hawaii BC that Obama released three years ago does prove his eligibility under the law.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:08 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
The only complaints I have personally seen on this board are that he isn't liberal enough, or that he isn't more combative towards the GOP and caves to them too easily. I've yet to see them admit that things like the stimulus, the health care bill, etc. are failures.
Then you haven't really spent much time reading this board. I'm a liberal. I voted for Obama. And I stated when the stimulus was proposed my disagreement with it. I've stated over and over again why I thought healthcare reform is desperately needed, and how this particular bill didn't address the real problems. I've expressed my dissatisfaction with this administration's lack of transparency. I've expressed my dissatisfaction with how Obama has handled Guantanamo. I've expressed my dissatisfaction with the way the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq have been handled. And many other liberals have weighed in on these things as well. You haven't personally seen liberals complaining the way you would like them to? Well, conservatives don't see the world the way I would like them to, either. That's why there are different perspectives. But to paint the debate as something that is strictly partisan is intellectually dishonest, while being politically expedient. I think we have too much political expedience in this country, and not enough intellectual honesty.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I hope people will now manage to shut the eff up about the birth certificate and focus on the obvious reasons why they don't like Obama as president?
Because then they'd have to admit it's because he's black. They'll never do that so they will just keep the the conspiracy train a-movin' along, claiming the long form is a forgery so they can claim both to themselves and to others that they are not rascists. It's how they can sleep at night and look their own children in the eyes.

Remember, don't retreat, reload!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:11 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
So he was born Barack Obama. How did he become Barry Soetero? On whose passport? If he was Barry Soetero in another country, how did he become Barack Obama the President?
All a matter of record.

And all irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies