Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should bin laden's death picture be published
yes, it should 96 67.61%
no, it should not 37 26.06%
i am not sure 9 6.34%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:29 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,329,943 times

Advertisements

Some people will never believe he is dead without seeing the photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 10:29 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,161,140 times
Won't "prove" a thing. Those that don't believe will continue their tirade and any pics/videos released, they will claim that they were doctored.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,320,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I would advise Obama to not release it yet.

Let the loons make fools of themselves first for a while. Then pop it out at an opportune moment.

Worked on Trump.
Cass knows best about things like this and he will tell them when it is time to release this information in the form of a picture that could be photoshopped and we need time for that to become part of the national thinking. There are others in the "basement" of the White House who will also agree with waiting. None of that will be to let the RW people make fools of themselves, though.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,320,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
And some won't believe it even then. It is sad, but true, I fear.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,902,045 times
I loved seeing the photos of Saddam's kids. They looked good with their bodies in pieces, all blown to Hell..! Now I wanna see Bennie full of holes with huge pieces of him missing from the exploding bullets..
I want to see the look on his face as he lies there growing stiff in death..
I want to watch him deteriorate as the fish nibble him into nonexistence.
I want to see him cavorting with the 72 virgins..
The more gore and gruesome the photos, the better. He deserves to be viewed in his final time on earth as a glob of deteriorating flesh...
Bring on the photos. I can only hope he is in as bad condition as the Hussian boys...

Old 05-03-2011, 10:54 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,935,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And some won't believe it even then. It is sad, but true, I fear.
with all due respect, there are legitimate reasons for some to question what actually happened. look at the other posts.

drudge (which is supposed to release the death picture) is saying that the story has changed from what was reported originally.

White House modifies Osama bin Laden account - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

i also saw that the family of bin laden was going to be released, but not to the united states, and that there wasn't room in the helicopters for them.

it could be bad reporting, but it is good not to accept things blindly too.

i also know that i wouldn't want to be an osama look-alike before that picture is released......

Last edited by floridasandy; 05-03-2011 at 11:07 AM..

Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,204,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Osama Bin Laden is dead because:
1. The US government said so.
2. The US government and CIA said so.
3. All American allies said so.
4. all of the above.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,475,940 times
They have VIDEO of the attack AS-IT-HAPPENED.

I want to see that too!

I want to see how the entire thing went down as it happened because I watched those jets hit the WTC towers and collapse them with thousands of people stuck inside one being an employee that my company mourns every single 9/11, and others desperately trying to save their lives by jumping from that building. I saw how the jet that hit the pentagon killed someone I knew. I'm not going to be satisfied until I see every single frame of film.

I want to see every single graphic second of how this pig turd son of a witch was killed.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,143,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
with all due respect, there are legitimate reasons for some to question what actually happened. look at the other posts.

drudge (which is supposed to release the death picture) is saying that the story has changed from what was reported originally.

White House modifies Osama bin Laden account - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

i also saw that the family of bin laden was going to be released, but not to the united states, and that there wasn't room in the helicopters for them.

it could be bad reporting, but it is good not to accept things blindly too.
<shrug>

Announcing it the way they did would be a terrible risk unless they were certain. It would also be very much not in character for no-drama Obama.

Details are going to get garbled, as they always do in these things, and that will of course be fodder for doubt and conspiracy mongering. The bottom line is that none of that will matter. Obama will never convince the die-hard crazies, but it is very much to his advantage to associate as many of his opponents and detractors with those who seem unreasonable, partisan and even irrational.

Obama is a lot more calculating than many of his opponents realize, until it's too late.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,143,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They have VIDEO of the attack AS-IT-HAPPENED.

I want to see that too!

I want to see how the entire thing went down as it happened because I watched those jets hit the WTC towers and collapse them with thousands of people stuck inside one being an employee that my company mourns every single 9/11, and desperately trying to save their lives by jumping from that building. I saw how the jet that hit the pentagon killed someone I knew. I'm not going to be satisfied until I see every single frame of film.

I want to see every single graphic second of how this pig turd son of a witch was killed.
I expect that might get released too at some point, but unlike a close up of Obama-bin-Hamburger, there could be security issues with releasing the video. I'm sure our guys wore masks and such, but I think they will not release the video unless they think it won't compromise security.

I hope they release it though. It could also be a priceless piece of propaganda for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies