Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:53 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,349,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You're post rests on a false premise to start off with.

1. We're not a democracy, and we never have been. This is why the Electoral College exists to help prevent this sort of a problem.

2. The American people are not stupid. They are brainwashed by corporate and government propaganda and most are zombies as a result. Doesn't mean they are stupid, our government is very good with propaganda and government is totally in bed with the media which is controlled by a handful of companies.

3. The idea of freedom is to not be ruled by an oligarchy, which you seem to be calling for an oligarchy of social scientists ruling us.

4. What affects California only affects California. It's California's fault if they want to practice democracy.

5. Never argue that people should do something your way because your IQ is higher than others. People don't like being insulted by people who say they are smarter than them and, therefore, should listen to them.

Despite a couple flaws to your post, I see what you are saying. People don't see the writing on the wall, and prefer voting for the American Idol president (Obama, Herman Cain, etc.) than one who is not tainted by the establishment oligarchy (Ron Paul, Gary Johnson). My conventional wisdom says, if the media PURPOSELY tries to undermine a candidate like Ron Paul, then that candidate is the real deal and is a THREAT to the fascists that run our government

I agree. Repealing the 17th Amendment would make the U.S. Senators beholden to the states again, which form the foundation of our country, NOT D.C. Also, repeal the 21st Amendment too. Sorry but, D.C. is not a state and never will be so it should not deserve representation in Congress. And the 16th Amendment, which was "enacted" shortly after the Federal Reserve was given birth

Agree with your excellent post. We live in a Republic, our Washington Representatives are to do our bidding, but over the last several decades plus we have no Represtation because they are all bought and paid for by the big corporations. Watch Fall of the Republic on Youtube, it is worth 2 hours investment.

(last time I put the youtube link for this it had an awful kind of misleading picture, so left link out )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 07:03 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Another problem with your original post is the assumption that only college educated individuals can make a good decision on a candidate. Not all college educated individuals are intelligent. Some are quite ignorant. A poor farmer has more working knowledge and real life experience than many college educated individuals. No one person, no matter how many degrees they have, can know everything.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:21 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,721,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Did you watch the SC debate recently? Hannity was eating up Cain after the debate was over, completely ignoring Ron Paul. And when hannity was interviewing prospective candidates before, he set Ron Paul up to make him look stupid and kooky. Hannity didn't do the same to Cain.

And look at the people in this forum. They are falling head over heels for Cain because he speaks good. Nevermind the fact that Cain was Federal Reserve of KC governor. So I ask, would you vote for Ben Bernanke for president?
Nice points..

Well Cain is getting a lot of support fromj talk radio, So there is probably something to that..

I hate it when the libs around here want to call out fox news mainly because of their blind support for all the other baught and paid for news outlets but its hard to argue when they are doing the stuff they have done to RP..

I would not vote for ben bernanke however If cain can start openly supporting the fair tax while campaigning and make it his central platform I would consider him...

Old 05-10-2011, 07:25 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Maybe because it doesn't? It's better than any other governmental system.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:29 AM

9 posts, read 6,411 times
I disagree, democracy or our republic does not suck, what sucks is corruption. Corruption by the wealthy and the corporations and the greed that spawned it. The system would work well if corrupt industry did not influence the nations need to go to fake wars to create sales of weapons, if we spent our money taking care of people here instead of destroying other nations and then building them up. If we spent our time and energy giving everyone a chance instead of polarizing the wealth to the top 1 percent of the nation. Where workers are treated well and given a living wage everyone benefits, the crime rates drop, the need for government assistance drops, corporations do not make quite as much but they are more stable and lead to a more stable economy. No its not democracy it’s the corruption of this process and decisions like People V united that have bastardized our Republic that have done more damage than any foreign nation ever could. We are decaying from within because of greed of the few that is supported by the radical ideas of a few more. If it were not for the bad economy there would not have been a 2010 shift, but as we see there is a counter shift because the right thinks people crave radical right ideas, and its not that at all, people crave change and will vote to try anything. They are seeing what the right represents and they do not like it. I think the right has done more to get Obama re elected than any left organization ever could have.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:33 AM

9 posts, read 6,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Nice points..

Well Cain is getting a lot of support fromj talk radio, So there is probably something to that..

I hate it when the libs around here want to call out fox news mainly because of their blind support for all the other baught and paid for news outlets but its hard to argue when they are doing the stuff they have done to RP..

I would not vote for ben bernanke however If cain can start openly supporting the fair tax while campaigning and make it his central platform I would consider him...
The fair tax by any other name would be called give more to the wealthy tax. When the wealthy call for a tax system be aware that its most likely in favor of the rich. A single mom making 20k a year paying 30% on her purchases is not the same as a wealthy person keeping all their 1 million and being able to afford to get around it with purchase in other countries. The wealthy favor this because they already know how they would get around it and it would put more burden on the lower earners. Its a scam.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:39 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,756,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haurer View Post
I disagree, democracy or our republic does not suck, what sucks is corruption. Corruption by the wealthy and the corporations and the greed that spawned it. The system would work well if corrupt industry did not influence the nations need to go to fake wars to create sales of weapons, if we spent our money taking care of people here instead of destroying other nations and then building them up. If we spent our time and energy giving everyone a chance instead of polarizing the wealth to the top 1 percent of the nation. Where workers are treated well and given a living wage everyone benefits, the crime rates drop, the need for government assistance drops, corporations do not make quite as much but they are more stable and lead to a more stable economy. No its not democracy it’s the corruption of this process and decisions like People V united that have bastardized our Republic that have done more damage than any foreign nation ever could. We are decaying from within because of greed of the few that is supported by the radical ideas of a few more. If it were not for the bad economy there would not have been a 2010 shift, but as we see there is a counter shift because the right thinks people crave radical right ideas, and its not that at all, people crave change and will vote to try anything. They are seeing what the right represents and they do not like it. I think the right has done more to get Obama re elected than any left organization ever could have.
I completely agree! The US decline is shockingly similar to what happened in Rome, with greed destroying the nation from the inside (minus the barbarian tribes). If we dont have an honest discussion of wealth and greed, no amount of ideas from the left or the right will fix this nation.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:47 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
You left out corruption from labor unions and foreign nationals (like money donations from China and Saudi to Democratic party candidates).

Quote:

Old 05-10-2011, 09:43 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Well, you Yanks could always petition the queen to take you back!!!! LOL

Old 05-10-2011, 09:51 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,721,129 times
Quote:
The fair tax by any other name would be called give more to the wealthy tax. When the wealthy call for a tax system be aware that its most likely in favor of the rich. A single mom making 20k a year paying 30% on her purchases is not the same as a wealthy person keeping all their 1 million and being able to afford to get around it with purchase in other countries. The wealthy favor this because they already know how they would get around it and it would put more burden on the lower earners. Its a scam.
The fair tax deals with that somewhat by including a monthly pay out.. however, the single welfare mom your talking about... why should she be giving money from other people just because she got knocked up and cant work...

I see it every day around here.. moms with multiple kids living on the system.. one study last showed how one mother recieved over 50k in benifits when you added up housing, food, health care, day care ect.. for her and her 3 kids.. one right now is in the local news and is being prosecuted for fraud...

this crap has to stop.. I dont like big goverment or big business... but your the complaining about "the rich" "the rich" ... I look around and the real rich people I know have gotten there through scrafice and hard work... most of them are workaholics... One guy I know who is worth multi millions of dollars still shows up every day and is the hardest worker at his small company..

And for the record lets compare the poor in america vs the poor in europe.. and lets see who has the higher standard of living..

So ... I really dont feel sorry for your single welfare mom to the extent you do...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies